UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Could Jon Jones possibly beat Cain??

10/20/13 5:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
flip_guard
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 -
Bliz - I would say 10/10 fights cain wins. Phone Post 3.0

I would agree
I don't think Cain has ever fought anyone of Jones type. A guy with good clinch and wrestling and has great control of distance as Jones. Phone Post
10/20/13 8:23 PM
flip_guard
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

duckhuntgangsta -
flip_guard -  Jones fights smart unlike JDS. Jones can actually keep the fight from the outside and out point Cain. The clinch is where JDS suffer the most. Jones has a good chance to beat Cain there or at least makes it close.

Can never count out Jones. Phone Post

I agree Jones has a chance but his strength is not picking guys apart from the outside. He's an inside guy. 

I could see him pulling a sweet laterial drop on Cain in the right situation. Jones could propably also get off of the fence and has the nasties elbows in the game. We've never seen Cain off of his back have we? 

Who knows, only one way to find out : )

That's the thing with Jones. He can be effective from the outside as well as the inside. All depends on who he is fighting.

His reach is the reason why so many people didnt like him and people thought it is an unfair advantage. He use his reach when needed. Phone Post
10/20/13 11:22 PM
JerodR
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The person that beats Cain is the person that doesn't have to worry about wrestling and is good in the clinch. Jones is both of those things and if he bulked up to 240 Cain would have serious problems. More than likely Cormier would beat Cain as well. Unfortunately that one we will never see. Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 11:40 PM
TheFaintingGOATClownedAwayMySN
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wanna find out Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 11:49 PM
Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain would makes Jones his girlfriend, get the fuck outta here.

Cain isn't Chael Sonnen, he isn't Rashad Evans, Rampage. he isn't Machida or Vitor.

He's Cain fucking Velasquez.

brutal assrape ends in the 3rd.

10/21/13 12:10 AM
ajl416az

Jones is too used to fighting his own pace to handle Cain's work rate, and he doesn't have sharp enough counter punching to get a stoppage

bad matchup
10/21/13 12:16 AM
flip_guard

ajl416az - Jones is too used to fighting his own pace to handle Cain's work rate, and he doesn't have sharp enough counter punching to get a stoppage

bad matchup
The reach will play a good part of the match. Cain doesn't have Gus reach, and Gus would also be a good match to Cain. Phone Post
10/21/13 12:39 AM
MAINMAYNARD

If Jones fights dc i think we'll have a good idea of how he would do against Cain Phone Post
10/21/13 12:42 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ajl416az - Jones is too used to fighting his own pace to handle Cain's work rate, and he doesn't have sharp enough counter punching to get a stoppage

bad matchup

Werd. Cain mauls him.
10/21/13 1:17 AM
Sir Psycho Sexy
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Always amazed how little people know about mma on these forums. It's clearly obvious Cain is a nightmare matchup for Jones. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 1:26 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jones wouldn't be able to handle the pace of Cain. I don't know how the weight cut affects Jons cardio, but gaining mass certainly doesn't help. Jon wouldn't make it out of the 2nd round. Phone Post
10/21/13 1:58 PM
ajl416az

flip_guard - 
ajl416az - Jones is too used to fighting his own pace to handle Cain's work rate, and he doesn't have sharp enough counter punching to get a stoppage

bad matchup
The reach will play a good part of the match. Cain doesn't have Gus reach, and Gus would also be a good match to Cain. Phone Post

if gustaffson can take Jones down, Cain would dump him on his head
10/21/13 2:06 PM
Flexo
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Naynay Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.