UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Holm like the 'female Conor McGregor'

10/20/13 8:29 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
912 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Conor McGregor is one of Dana White's favorite featherweight prospects, a tough Irish kid who burst into the UFC with an impressive knockout and a brash attitude. Holly Holm is making news on the regional level and White sees the similarity between the two, specifically in regards to the hype he's heard surronding both:

"You're like the billionth person that's asked me about Holly Holm. I was on the street the other day and some guy was like, 'HEY! Sign Holly Holm.' And I'm like, 'yeah, I know. Everybody's telling me.' I haven't seen her fight but I keep hearing about her. She's like the female Conor McGregor. I thought Conor McGregor was a heavyweight when I was hearing about him. For some reason, that's what I did. Holly Holm, I don't know what she looks like, I've never seen her fight, but I know who she is."

read entire article... 

Needless to say the former pro boxer is definetly on White's radar and it wouldn't be suprising to see her land in the UFC women's division sooner than later.

10/20/13 8:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
time traveling 12er
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sean Shelby is really the person everyone needs to be bugging.
10/20/13 8:38 PM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
I don't think Holm will beat girls like McCann Tate or Rhonda but could go far. Phone Post
10/20/13 8:39 PM
shaqitup
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - Sean Shelby is really the person everyone needs to be bugging.

not really, you think if Dana has interest he won't get them?

Also most people have no idea what shelby looks like, i don't think i do.

10/20/13 8:42 PM
3rdLion
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kind of misleading title again.
10/20/13 8:44 PM
time traveling 12er
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 
time traveling 12er - Sean Shelby is really the person everyone needs to be bugging.

not really, you think if Dana has interest he won't get them?

Also most people have no idea what shelby looks like, i don't think i do.

I remember reading quotes before from White about guys he wanted signed but didn't. For example he mentions getting Robbie Lawlor signed was a gift to himself, suggesting they don't usually just sign whoever White wants signed. I'm sure the president of the org being interested goes a very long way, but in the end it's Sean Shelby who makes the signings for the lighter fighters.
10/20/13 9:19 PM
hustlewestbrook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I've never seen her fight, but she reminds me of one of my favorite fighters" Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 9:25 PM
lolzz
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts -  I don't think Holm will beat girls like McCann Tate or Rhonda but could go far. Phone Post

i agree but she seems to be making leaps and bounds on her mma game and her striking and footwork is by far the best ive seen in wmma so if she dedicates herself to working the ground game which im sure she is since shes at jacksons she definitely has huge potential
10/20/13 9:26 PM
huggy bear

Holly is a beast can't wait to see her wreck chicks in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
10/20/13 9:30 PM
caseharts
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
lolzz -
caseharts -  I don't think Holm will beat girls like McCann Tate or Rhonda but could go far. Phone Post

i agree but she seems to be making leaps and bounds on her mma game and her striking and footwork is by far the best ive seen in wmma so if she dedicates herself to working the ground game which im sure she is since shes at jacksons she definitely has huge potential
Agreed. I think Mcmann will be champ Though Phone Post
10/20/13 9:52 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Youtube is your friend Dana. Also:

10/21/13 1:04 AM
CindyO

YouCantHandleMyRiddum -

Youtube is your friend Dana. Also:

Perhaps she's the one to take WMMA where it needs to go. Whats her personality like?

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 1:15 AM
hendofanforlife

So holly holm sends out non PC sextweets?
10/21/13 1:50 AM
Horace.P.McTitties

Mcmann will beat her but still want to see her in the ufc Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 2:07 AM
Zapruder
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hendofanforlife - So holly holm sends out non PC sextweets?

You hoping to do a lil shrimpin'?
10/21/13 2:14 AM
scaredy cat
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see her fight for Invicta a few times while she's working on her grappling.

I see the UFC title eventually going Rousey --> McMann --> Holm but a few years down the line yet.
10/21/13 9:40 AM
DanasDaddy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2 years away. Stay in Legacy and work on the ground game. She is being spoon fed right now.
10/21/13 10:14 AM
mick713
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legacy Fighting Championship
She is easily one of the best athletes I have ever dealt with. No ego, very nice, professional and very, very good. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 10:41 AM
MMAFriedRice
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bring Holly in but she isn't ready for Ronda just yet. Phone Post
10/21/13 11:24 AM
Melvin Junko

So she wants to bang Rousey and Tate too??

Very interdasting....
10/21/13 12:28 PM
choochgas

Saw her fight on October 11th and she was easily the best fighter on the Legacy card that night. Felt sorry for that other girl.
10/21/13 2:47 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is only one Connor Mcgregor...

Hey wtf....this is not a topic about Conor at all. Misleading title wink wink

Anyways the UFC need to sign her asap and give her the Roussey treatment (aka build up with kid gloves). Then we have an epic fight in a year or two...if Ronda has not retired for the movies business yet or has become a spokesperson for fighting discrimination against people with Unibrows.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.