UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> WEC fighter Crunkilton became Russian MMA coach

10/21/13 6:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
touch
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's this big interview to a Russian MMA journalist known as "The nameless one". Sorry for google translate. http://www.valetudo.ru/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5813&Itemid=48

Why did you accept the invitation to become coach of the club R.O.D.. ?

- I was wondering that. I love traveling , I love all things new. When will submit such a chance!

How were the negotiations ?

- Yes, really fast . My friend, the manager in the world of MMA , called me and told me about the proposal . I thought about it and accepted it. It happened two weeks ago.

At what time did you come here ?

- I have a contract until December 24. Before Christmas.

What tasks are put in front of you club coaches ?

- Forcing children to work harder , sweat ( laughs). Show new techniques for them . Shares his experience . What I'm actually going to do.

You had already experience of coaching ?

- Yes, I have my own room in Daytona Beach, Florida. Experience is. I teach and MMA and BJJ and grappling . I am a coach for seven years.

Do you have students who have achieved success in MMA sites in the United States?

- I have a lot of guys to successfully compete in BJJ , grappling for . MMA fighters have a dozen . Two of them are fighting professionally . They are young , very young . I think that they have a future in the fighting .

How do you spend training there, as you will spend here ?

- First, a little warm-up. Warming up . No one likes to warm up , but it is necessary to sweat . Next, lead- , work on funktsionalku . Then, working off certain techniques in the rack ground. And for the final sparring.

In general, my style of training, a lot of struggle. Work on the land . According to this, in training work will be mainly on passages in the leg takedowns , finishing moves there, or all sorts of submission wrestling there. And accordingly protection from it all.

I've seen a lot of training as a MMA fighter . For four years I was on the team of Frank Shamrock . And for a long time training at AKA , with Cain Velasquez , Josh Koscheck and other guys there. So what kinds of developments and experience a lot .

Do you have any - that a specific training plan ?

- That's straight concrete yet. I want to see the level of training of the guys here . See what they know and can do , and then to build up the training process .

Richard arrived on October 15. The next day , despite the jet lag and acclimatization , I saw Rich's training session on the day grappling as ... engaged . Richard dutifully followed all instructions trainer , working out the technology, silent, listening.

When it's time to free the fight , no one in particular , and not to look at the humble beginner to the silent hall. But when the signal sounded , that's happened! Beautiful, skillful and well-turned , without unnecessary movements rolling . Either the expensive look.

Gradually , the guys in the audience began to realize that the newcomer is not as simple as it seems . And some , especially self-assured grappler , wanted to try the "fresh meat" . However , this nut knowledge was slightly firmer than expected boys , and split it , so no one could .

His first training session in Russia , Richard spent the evening.

As the Russian language while Rich has exclusive domestic level , the training got interesting for everyone. Spike ( the nickname of Richard ) recalled , and even memorizing new words dealing with the same replenish their vocabulary of English .

The training was mainly devoted to the stalls . The work of the guard , passing guard and attack respectively from approaching. Rich showed interesting, unusual techniques that guys have taken " with a bang ." The new coach is not lazy , walked briskly across the carpet , corrected , showed praise .

At the end of training , again, during the free struggle, some who decided to try his luck again and zasabmitit coach. Rich was not against it. But , no one to succeed so he came back .

His second training session on the same day , Richard spent the pace for the first one.
This time , he taught the aisle from a rack in one leg and the subsequent transfer options to the ground with finishing moves there. Besides just " grabbed pursed , flunked , scoring ," were not the standard approaches that Rich himself performed during his fights, and I must say, played very well.

At the end of training were sparring. With the Thorn in a couple no one stood up .

After all the training, I have asked the order of tired of Richard on the qualifications of the guys in the room.

- The level of training is good, - said Rich - There are inexperienced beginners course, but most work well . I think that within three months of my training , they will become even better.

Summarizing all the above, I want to say - Come on training in all unexplained cases ask the coach. Immediately two benefits - and in shape and improve English tighten .

Just be careful not to prick of the thorn .
10/21/13 7:23 AM
Dominique Robinson
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cleat! That's my boy! Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 9:04 AM
touch
675 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dominique Robinson - Cleat! That's my boy! Phone Post 3.0

Did you know he's heading to Russia?

10/21/13 9:08 AM
OneSidedWar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rich is a beast. He was a UFC vet long before the UFC Phone Post
10/21/13 9:35 AM
JustPeed
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cleat crunk is a good dude. Phone Post
10/21/13 10:06 AM
Stephen Eakin
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol I tried to read and understand it Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 11:14 AM
touch

Stephen Eakin - Lol I tried to read and understand it Phone Post 3.0

Now try to understand this! (the first part of the interview)

You're the first time in Moscow, in Russia ?

- Yes, for the first time . Despite the fact that my wife herself a native of Russia , from Krasnoyarsk, I am here for the first time . At home I have a lot of Russian friends , we close associate .

What had time to look over the two days , as the experience ?

- Looked not much. Was on the Red Square. Saw the Kremlin and St. Basil 's Cathedral. Always believed that this temple is the Kremlin .

What are your impressions ?

Well, while a little. However, I think that the Russian , they are quieter than the Americans. We have, if you walk down the street, heard loud voices from all sides , it is noisy . And then people walk down the street is quiet, calm . Do not cry . Behave in a more civilized or something.

Metro really scares me ( laughs).

And as you imagined Russia , until I got here ?

- I thought that snow around here ( laughs). What people are very serious .

From the Russian soldiers , who would single out ?

- I really like Andrei Semenov ! When I was young , I really liked his fights.
Well , everyone knows Fedor of course, his brother Alexander . Of those who now goes for Russia , I do not know ... I watched the fights when I was younger . Those fighters who I remember them from the past. Igor Zinoviev remember.

I know that you won the U.S. Sambo tournaments . Tell us a bit about it.

- In America, Sambo is not so much popular as you of course. But the tournaments are held . The truth is not in combat sambo. And as I practiced judo , the big difference for me between sambo and judo competitions were not, I played here and there .
10/21/13 1:58 PM
Dominique Robinson
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

touch -
Dominique Robinson - Cleat! That's my boy! Phone Post 3.0

Did you know he's heading to Russia?

I had no clue! Haven't seen him in awhile Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.