UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> JDS: I thought I got KTFO in 2nd round

10/21/13 1:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3 Sided Square
423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frames4Life - lol @ people saying he should have been pulled out, an ex-world champ in his prime in a world title fight while he's still got plenty of fight in him?

It's a tough sport. He's not a journeymen than needs to fight again in a couple of months to pay the bills, this was his shot a greatness, he went out on his shield.

People seem to want to find someone to hang over this, why? Because he got beat up?

Go watch something else. Phone Post
I'm sure he can take comfort in knowing he went out on his shield when he is eating all his food through a straw. Phone Post
10/21/13 2:03 PM
MasterofMartialArts
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrHughes1991 -
The Legendary One - Thank god it wasn't at bad as the Miguel Torres one or he'd be asking if he was fighting Mark Hunt Phone Post 3.0
What did Miguel Torres do? I forget Phone Post 3.0
He was brutally KOd by McDonald and talked about how he couldn't remember anything at all. Can't remember where the article is, but it was pretty scary. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 2:14 PM
bruised
275 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, for everyone who was in a tizzy about JDS'comments about Cain hitting like a girl, obviously that was pre-fight posturing. Phone Post
10/21/13 2:15 PM
4de1
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frames4Life -  lol @ people saying he should have been pulled out, an ex-world champ in his prime in a world title fight while he's still got plenty of fight in him?

It's a tough sport. He's not a journeymen than needs to fight again in a couple of months to pay the bills, this was his shot a greatness, he went out on his shield.

People seem to want to find someone to hang over this, why? Because he got beat up?

I could not disagree more.

Junior's a tremendous fighter and he has amazing heart. As a fan, I don't want him to go out on his shield. Going out on your shield can mean sustaining a serious injury to your brain. I want to see him have a prosperous and healthy career and then when he's done fighting to be healthy and happy.

This is a dangerous sport. Fighters will push themselves as hard as they can. They push themselves beyond the danger point. It's part of why they're special.
As a fan we can support the sport by advocating for their safety. I'm a huge fan of Junior. He doesn't need to be physically impaired or "go out on his shield" for me to get my fix.
10/21/13 2:18 PM
Yun
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS should file a claim for Truamatic Brain Injury @ UFC worker's comp.  

Cain took away about 10years of good solid alert sharp mind from JDS.  

10/21/13 2:42 PM
JediJitsu
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4de1 -
Frames4Life -  lol @ people saying he should have been pulled out, an ex-world champ in his prime in a world title fight while he's still got plenty of fight in him?

I could not disagree more.

Junior's a tremendous fighter and he has amazing heart. As a fan, I don't want him to go out on his shield. Going out on your shield can mean sustaining a serious injury to your brain. I want to see him have a prosperous and healthy career and then when he's done fighting to be healthy and happy.

This is a dangerous sport. Fighters will push themselves as hard as they can. They push themselves beyond the danger point. It's part of why they're special.
As a fan we can support the sport by advocating for their safety. I'm a huge fan of Junior. He doesn't need to be physically impaired or "go out on his shield" for me to get my fix.
Voted up mañana. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 2:53 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is getting beat up and getting beat up...

And while i usually agree with you the fact that he didn't know where he was anymore after the second is a confirmation that the doctor fucked up.

I understand his coaches do not throw in the towel.

But you need people with good medical skills and this doctor obviously comes up short in this area.
10/21/13 2:55 PM
tecknowledge
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tons of neurologist's here.
10/21/13 3:15 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fightharder - 

There is getting beat up and getting beat up...

And while i usually agree with you the fact that he didn't know where he was anymore after the second is a confirmation that the doctor fucked up.

I understand his coaches do not throw in the towel.

But you need people with good medical skills and this doctor obviously comes up short in this area.

I agree with both of you. Stakes are super high, that's his shot to glory. It's normal as a fighter you want to go all out and consequences be damned. MMA is NOT a healthy sport!!!

But doctors should know when the guy is "not there"...

10/21/13 3:23 PM
YHTOMIT2001
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts -
MrHughes1991 -
The Legendary One - Thank god it wasn't at bad as the Miguel Torres one or he'd be asking if he was fighting Mark Hunt Phone Post 3.0
He was brutally KOd by McDonald and talked about how he couldn't remember anything at all. Can't remember where the article is, but it was pretty scary. Phone Post 3.0
It was actually a video blog somewhere. He thought he had fought mark Hominick I think. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 3:33 PM
SJax
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparenlty then JDS corner and camp are just as good as Greg Jackson's camp as that is exactly the strategy JDS seemed to employ. Repeatedly hitting Cain in the fists and elbows with his head.
10/21/13 3:58 PM
jcblass

When you fight with your hands down by your waist against a guy trying to take your head off this is what happens. JDS guy is actually out there saying he could defeat either of the Klitschko brothers. It is just laughable.

It was a fantastic fight, but JDS needs to put his hands up as does Anderson, and the rest of these MMA guys out there talking about boxing and defeating guys like RJJ, or the Klitschkos...
10/21/13 3:59 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -

You guys are worse than girls.  If the Doctor or the ref stopped the fight in the 2nd, you would have crying early stoppage and blasting the Doctors for not giving JDS a chance to win his belt.

But of course, since Dana disagreed well then you go where his wind blows.

No, it's because all apparently JDS thinks he got KTFO in the second. Phone Post
10/21/13 3:59 PM
MagSlim

ranier wolfcastle - 

he was still landing shots with ko power in the 5th

(so was cain, both have amazing chins)

There was definitely one uppercut that JDS landed in the 4th that would have stopped a ton of fighters. They showed the replay after the round I think.

***just close your eyes and imagine since no gifs*****

That said, I still think they could have stopped it in the 3rd. Corners don't throw in towels in MMA, maybe they should start.
10/21/13 4:35 PM
Choochy
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Makes his post fight interview even more authentic since he was completely out of it he would have been himself. Phone Post
10/21/13 4:50 PM
ProteinOverdrive

Somebody as nice as Junior does not deserve that type of a beating!
10/21/13 4:51 PM
PatrickVilone

MasterofMartialArts -
MrHughes1991 -
If you could find a video of this I'd be forever grateful Phone Post
10/21/13 5:04 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frames4Life - lol @ people saying he should have been pulled out, an ex-world champ in his prime in a world title fight while he's still got plenty of fight in him?

I enjoy close fights, seeing a guy beaten savagely in a fight he is clearly already out of isnt what i really love about mma. Damn just think about the kind of head trauma he suffered in the later rounds. He couldnt even brace himself when cain dropped.

Sometimes guys need to be saved from themselves. Phone Post
10/21/13 5:18 PM
GSRobert750
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't surprise me!

You could tell a huge difference after that near ko!
Before he was very measured and powerful at the same time connecting hard, afterwards it was lights on but nobody home while fighting on drilled instincts!

What a fucking big heart, without Cain he'd be the undisputed champion for a long time! Phone Post
10/21/13 5:29 PM
twodragunns

JDS is one tough warrior and I applaud him just for surviving that beatdown administered by Cain Sat night. I've always admired JDS and this admiration has now grown in light of the fight he put up for the fans in this latest attempt to wrestle the gold back from Cain. It appears JDS is the #2 HW in the UFC and this has to be frustrating for JDS because he can likely beat all other HW's besides Cain. Keep training wrestling Junior and maybe you'll work yourself back up to challenge Cain for the HW belt once again,but I think as long as Cain sticks around JDS will always be 2nd best.

10/21/13 5:34 PM
Dharmaboy75

I dunno man, I wanted Cain to win but JDS is too much of a nice guy to be allowed to get beat up like that. I dunno fuck the Brazillian pride and fuck his corner for letting their guy get his ass whooped for that much time. Who cares if he still had a punchers chance, JDS is too nice of a good fellow to let that happen to him.

All of us watching were like, "Throw in the fucking towel already!"

But no, they would rather have him get royally get fucked up and have some type of brain issues than prolong his career.
10/21/13 5:55 PM
Billyz
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS was fighting on pure instinct/grit/heart and muscle memory. There was no reason to keep that fight going and should have been stopped.
yea yea the "Just Bleed" crowd would have lost their shit whining and complaining but if fighter safety is that important, which it is, then the towel should have been thrown or the doc should have stopped it after the second. If I recall correctly Dana mentioned after the second the doc asked him if he could continue and he mumbled to the doctor incoherently. WTF that is not how you send a fighter back in!

No one in their right mind questions JDS's heart I mean we all fucking saw the 2nd fight and know there is no quit in the man. We didn't need to see him go through it again and worse this time to prove it to us.

if anything his corner should have stopped the damn fight and if he got mad or the public was pissed, so fucking what. We all get to go on to bitch and moan until the next fight. JDS has to live with the damage from that one night forever.

Sure he still was dangerous and as someone mentioned he threw an uppercut in the 4th that had enough pop to take most peoples heads off, but that looked like an elite athlete on autopilot just going off muscle memory. Especially considering he himself doesn't even remember it that seems to be exactly what was happening

Maybe because of the earlier Diego and Gilbert fight everyone's blood lust was on high (hell mine was)
However This was NOT Diego vs Gilbert. Diego was NOT out on his feet ever, and while absorbing crazy punishment Diego was still completely aware and in the moment, to the point that he was aggressively attacking and initiating the flurries.
Sadly JDS was gone past the 2nd, God built that mofo so tough that his body just wouldn't shut off on him to save it. he was just plodding in to shadow box while cain was ripping him apart.

Bad call by the docs, bad call by the corner

10/21/13 6:00 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Brrrrrrrrrr it's getting chilly in here..... Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 6:06 PM
Nuevo Haole

x-world champ in his prime in a world title fight while he's still got plenty of fight in him

dude, he was in the middle of an episode of brain trauma related short term amnesia, wtf are you talking about?

10/21/13 6:10 PM
Kneeblock
148 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Warrior but hope there aren't lasting consequences. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.