UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Shane Mosley leaves Australia Day before his fight

10/21/13 7:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
feedmydogcatfood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's left Australia, pulled out of the fight with Anthony Mundine. Does anybody know what happened to cause this. Pretty disappointing for boxing fans in Australia Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 8:06 PM
newtotheinterweb

Wow. Hadnt heard. Sucks if true. Would have been a great event. We don't get names like Mosley down here often. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 8:11 PM
BenBJJ
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing is awesome!
10/21/13 8:12 PM
ptper
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably saw that Discovery Channel documentary about all the poisonous animals there.
10/21/13 8:13 PM
Sinful1
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

says he want up front money.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/mosley-threatening-to-pull-out-of-mundine-fight-229328
10/21/13 8:29 PM
brahmabull81
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody cared about that fight. No tickets were being sold, and Australia is always shady with big name boxers coming over.

He wanted upfront money because Australia is known for shadiness and ALL big name fighters going there demand up-front money. They couldnt give it to Shane because they werent selling tickets.
10/21/13 8:48 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I was actually looking forward to that lol. He can fight over here for more and on Showtime or HBO. Fighting Mundine doesn't make a lot of sense IMO Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 9:04 PM
feedmydogcatfood

What happens with mundines career now, I hope he retires because he seems like the biggest dreamer with the way he thinks he could fight Floyd Mayweather Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 9:07 PM
feedmydogcatfood

Ten eight round - I'm in Sydney, no one gives a fuck about this fight. People care more now that it is off, no more Mundine wasting our time.

Tickets start at $50, then $100 for a decent view before you get to the La-di-da $300-$500 ringside packages.

Mosley recieved only 300K (three weeks ago) of promised $1M total. He was supposed to receive 700K by fight time.

Only 1500 tickets sold as of this morning.
He checked out of hotel last night and confirmed he's withdrawn.

A shady promoter named Kodar Nasser is planning to take over promotion and reschedule for 6 weeks time.

This man (Nasser) has been involved in Dodgey Mundine fights in the past and was apart of the recent Sonny Bill Williams vs Francis Botha* debacle, that resulted in a 10 round world title fight.. Phone Post
Apparently Jeff Fenech put up $500,000 to keep Moskey in Australia, do you know if that's true ???? Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 11:35 PM
GC111

newtotheinterweb - Wow. Hadnt heard. Sucks if true. Would have been a great event. We don't get names like Mosley down here often. Phone Post 3.0

Sounds like a boring event.
10/21/13 11:38 PM
J2C1
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is Shane even taking fights like this to begin with? If he needs the money that bad, just sell that badass cabin in Big Bear. Phone Post
10/21/13 11:41 PM
ChaosOverkill
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Last interview I heard with Mosley he sounded completely punch drunk, he's gotta hang em up

10/21/13 11:42 PM
J2C1
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

Last interview I heard with Mosley he sounded completely punch drunk, he's gotta hang em up

Agreed. He had a great career- nothing left to prove. Phone Post
10/21/13 11:43 PM
James Vagabond
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm Australian, live in Melbourne, train combat sports and have literally heard nothing about this fight until this thread. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 11:49 PM
J2C1

Ten eight round - They had mentioned this fight as 'a gateway to Mayweather.' Phone Post
Really? Shane's window to beat Floyd came and has passed long ago. I wish they would've met a few years earlier and Shane might have finished him. Since their first fight, Shane was decisioned by Canelo who just..well you know. Phone Post
10/22/13 12:21 AM
huggy bear

Wow I didn't even hear about this fight. This Australian fighter must not be very popular or known cause I would assume their combined names could sell at least 5k tickets. Mia vs shields sold out a medium sized venue but Mosley can't crack 2k ticket buys epic fail all around for this event. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:12 AM
DanHendersonsDentures
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J2C1 - 
Ten eight round - They had mentioned this fight as 'a gateway to Mayweather.' Phone Post
Really? Shane's window to beat Floyd came and has passed long ago. I wish they would've met a few years earlier and Shane might have finished him. Since their first fight, Shane was decisioned by Canelo who just..well you know. Phone Post

i dont think they were talking about Shane
10/22/13 1:46 AM
gammo2184

I guess the people that originally used to go to mundine fights or watch with the hope of seeing him get k.o'd don't even care anymore! It's a shame cos he does have great talent but his mouth n constant chip on his shoulder Muhhamed Ali wanna be act is a joke. I think Australia has finally gotten sick of him Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 3:20 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

ChaosOverkill - 

They subtitle everything he says on the Main Event promos.
10/22/13 3:21 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

James Vagabond - I'm Australian, live in Melbourne, train combat sports and have literally heard nothing about this fight until this thread. Phone Post 3.0

If you lived in a shittier part of Australia you'd have heard about it because an NRL player was fighting on that card too.
10/22/13 3:23 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

J2C1 -
ChaosOverkill -

Agreed. He had a great career- nothing left to prove. Phone Post
But more left to gain. That's what it's really about at this point, money. Phone Post
10/22/13 4:30 AM
BigMonsterCat

I think it just was poorly promoted and no one in Australia cares about mundine anymore.

Hes a typical fuckun abodiginal. Phone Post
10/22/13 6:10 AM
edock02
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Piss poor effort from Mundine. We had fuck all promotion for the fight down here.
Mosley is a fkn legend too.
Stick a fork in it mate.. ur done.
10/22/13 7:26 AM
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash

As an Aussie I was really looking forward to seeing Mosley ko Mundine. Worthless bit of human shit that he is. That Leb Nasser is the biggest grub in sports over here too. Fuck em both. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 7:34 AM
crazydave
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mundine is a cunt.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.