UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares admits to mistake

10/21/13 10:46 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Palhares offered up his apologies and reiterated that he never meant to hurt Pierce during his recent appearance on "The MMA Hour:"

"No, I did not want to hurt him. In the heat of the fight I did not feel him tap. Afterwards, when I watched the fight I realized that I held on too long, but I really did not mean to hurt him. He is a fighter like I am and I know he does this for a living and I would never want to hurt him."

When asked about his past track record of holding submission too long, "Toquinho" says it's his aggressive style that's to blame but that he never has ill will in his heart, he just wants to make sure he gets the win.

He explains:

"I think it has a lot to do with my style, I am really aggressive when I go after submissions. There has been times where I do not hold on and people get out and then I lose the fight, I am the way I fight. I'm getting better and been working a lot on this, but, this is my style."

read entire article... 

10/21/13 11:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sincitydc
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like someone desperately trying to save a career Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 11:27 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sincitydc - Sounds like someone desperately trying to save a career Phone Post 3.0
So? Phone Post
10/21/13 11:32 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should've done this after instead of the lies and bullshit Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 11:35 PM
sincitydc
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap -
sincitydc - Sounds like someone desperately trying to save a career Phone Post 3.0
So? Phone Post
Didn't say there was anything wrong with it. We all know the guy is skilled but when organizations don't want him and fighters don't want to fight him it's a tough spot. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 11:39 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/21/13 11:49 PM

His rep is too entrenched in people's minds right now. He's going to have to prove in a smaller org that he can submit people in a more controlled manner in multiple fights before going to Bellator or back to the UFC.

10/21/13 11:41 PM
sincitydc

I wonder if this might cause him to change up his style at all. Perhaps stand up a little more. I imagine the guy could kick hard as shit. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 11:52 PM
TexLadue
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belcher finished him fellas, and that Limey britt who can't beat a top ten guy beat him. Get off his nuts already, he's done, let him slip into obscurity. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:44 AM
Kimbos Lice
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the same exact thing. He's pretty much begging now. And for a good reason. IMO, I doubt we'll ever see him hold on to any submission too long again. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:53 AM
jimbonice

Rousimar is sorry, so let him fight. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:56 AM
Pick it up Brad Pickett

Bring him back. Last chance
10/22/13 2:52 AM
goldenboyart

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

Fuck him, he's hurt too many people. He had his one last chance when he got suspended and he's also a known cheater caught juicing. There's way more deserving people that need to be in the UFC besides this GOOF.

WORD................
10/22/13 2:59 AM
MMAFAN167

Glad he got the boot for life Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 3:02 AM
Swayze Express

He'll be back
10/22/13 3:30 AM
Oontyex

goldenboyart - TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

Fuck him, he's hurt too many people. He had his one last chance when he got suspended and he's also a known cheater caught juicing. There's way more deserving people that need to be in the UFC besides this GOOF.

WORD................
Would much rather watch him fight than so many of the point fighters in the UFC.
Who has he really hurt anyway Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 4:14 AM
GelderdEnd

TexLadue - Belcher finished him fellas, and that Limey britt who can't beat a top ten guy beat him. Get off his nuts already, he's done, let him slip into obscurity. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah but Belcher was supposed to be the second coming and would beat all comers and could beat that "Limey Brit" anywhere it went and was easily top 10....but but yeah, but........oh Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 5:21 AM
jonpall

That's right - who has he really hurt?
10/22/13 5:32 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

jonpall - That's right - who has he really hurt?
That isn't the point.

If you drink drive once and don't hurt/kill anyone is that license to carry on? Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 5:55 AM
jaime kingslayer lannister

He said he held on too long finally, where are all his defenders now, filthy bottomfeeding worms. Phone Post
10/22/13 5:58 AM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The reason I hope Dana White is just being dramatic when he says lifetime ban, is I honestly think Palhares is just oblivious. He doesn't only have a history of holding on to subs to long, but for being whacky and getting carried away in the cage.

Stopping mid sub attempt to start pointing at your opponent and scream greasing only to get KOed, or stopping mid-fight to celebrate on the cage, only to be forced down and nearly uppercutted to sleep shows shades of Filho.

I think he deserved a cut for doing this in BJJ comps then twice in the UFC, and around the time of a PED suspension, but I don't think he's irredeemable. Let him get a few years of wins without any controversy and I think he'd deserve another go... Only problem is his age, he's at least 30 already
10/22/13 6:35 AM
BrunoMcGyver
243 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TexLadue - Belcher finished him fellas, and that Limey britt who can't beat a top ten guy beat him. Get off his nuts already, he's done, let him slip into obscurity. Phone Post 3.0

True. However, he also finished a fighter whose only UFC losses are razor thin decisions to the division's top fighters and who had never been finished in his career before that.

10/22/13 6:41 AM
Authority Figure

Don't trust an adult who basically can't be held accountable for his own actions. Phone Post
10/22/13 11:25 AM
TARRat
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LET ME CRANK, BRO!!!
10/22/13 11:30 AM
Arlovskis Chin
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care.
It's boring now. The right decision was made it's no longer news. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 11:53 AM
jimbonice

I watch a combat sport to be entertained. People get hurt in combat sports. Arms and limbs get snapped, skulls fractured and ligaments trashed. Palhares is a legitimate contender in any division and has incredible skills in submissions, which is something not on display as much as it should be. He makes for entertaining fights. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.