UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fitch: Velasquez would beat Cormier

10/21/13 10:49 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Cain Velasquez is the most dominant heavyweight in the UFC and the current champion. Daniel Cormier is one of the heavyweight division's fastest rising stars, but as a teammate of Velasquez, has opted to move to the light heavyweight division. However, should the two ever meet in the Octagon, teammate Jon Fitch believes he knows who he would favor:

"[Cormier] is not a true heavyweight. He might be 225, 230 soaking wet. He's not a heavyweight. He's so good as an athlete and a fighter that he can get away with beating heavyweights up, but he's not a true heavyweight. Just based on size, you have two guys who are equally skilled, equal work ethic, equal punching power, equal everything, you're going to put your money on the guy who weighs more."

read entire article...

10/21/13 11:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BuddyRevell
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a little surprised at Fitch's assessment considering Cain doesn't seem that much bigger than DC.

10/21/13 11:10 PM
ChaosOverkill
590 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BuddyRevell - 

I'm a little surprised at Fitch's assessment considering Cain doesn't seem that much bigger than DC.

Cain is ripped at the same weight that Cormier is chubby at though

10/21/13 11:30 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cormier could throw around Lesnar too. Cormier's has the best wrestling accolades at HW period. He is so good at wrestling that he is out there playing with these guys. You can see when Cormier commits to his takedown how effortlessly he takes these guys down and other times he is going through the motions just to get them thinking about the threat.
10/21/13 11:31 PM
InTheWeedz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LoL shutup Fitch... Phone Post
10/21/13 11:58 PM
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Cormier's style would beat jds too IMO... Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:00 AM
caseharts
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
ChaosOverkill -
BuddyRevell - 

Cain is ripped at the same weight that Cormier is chubby at though

When has Cain ever been ripped? Phone Post
10/22/13 12:01 AM
Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong

Cormier would TKO Cain

10/22/13 1:01 AM
SinCityHustler

I think Cain wears him out and stops him late. That pace is just too much
10/22/13 1:03 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC has a lot of fat too. I don't think he could keep up with Cain's pace. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:04 AM
pulsar

Not hard to believe given their last two fight results..... I mean, right?

10/22/13 1:04 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 10/22/13 1:12 AM

if cormier could beat cain he wouldnt be moving down a weight class... being bff's doesnt mean much when we're talking millions of dollars.  The only reason cormier is moving down is because it's already been settled at AKA... they already know who's the best HW.

10/22/13 1:05 AM
caseharts
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
MMALOGIC -

if cormier could beat cain he wouldnt be moving down a weight class... i dont give a crap about bff's... we're talking millions of dollars.  The only reason cormier is moving down is because it's already been settled at AKA who the best HW is.

Jones sells more ppvs. I have no idea what you're talking about. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:19 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
The Legendary One -
cyberc92 - Cormier could throw around Lesnar too. Cormier's has the best wrestling accolades at HW period. He is so good at wrestling that he is out there playing with these guys. You can see when Cormier commits to his takedown how effortlessly he takes these guys down and other times he is going through the motions just to get them thinking about the threat.
I seriously doubt a 225 Cormier could throw around a 285 Lesnar. Plus Cormier has to hurt him first like Cain did. Not saying Lesnar would beat Cormier, I'm just saying not the way Cain did. Cormier is good but Cain is just an animal Phone Post 3.0
Wait why Cant Cormier they're Lesnar around? If Cormier stayed at hw he wouldn't be losing weight he'd be in the 240s but that doesn't even matter. Cormier would put wrestle Lesnar much quicker and wouldn't need to hurt him. If they stood though Cormier would have a huge speed advantage. Cormier doesn't have to win the way Cain does he's Completely different. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:20 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
The Legendary One - But seriously guys, Jon Fitch has trained with both of them and has seen them go at it. We're making comparisons from their fights against other guys whole Fitch has seen them go against each other so unless another AKA teammate says otherwise, you gotta take Fitch's word on it cause he has a better idea then anyone here Phone Post 3.0
No. That's not how that works. One guy is the champ. One is going to lhw to fight the champ there. Why would they say Cormier beats up Cain in practice? Unless they planned on fighting they wouldn't ever do that. We will never know but no one's gob to be honest. That would be a pr night mare to say Cormier tears Cain up in practice. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:22 AM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Cain is ripped for one...

I think Fitch is being diplomatic. He has seen them train and I assume he has seen Cain get the better of it. He says Cain would win bc he is bigger is the nicest way to say it. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:22 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
The team and fighters have an agenda. That's to make Cain look as good as possible. Let's say Chris Weidman got koed a lot by costa Phillipou.. Do you think they'd say he did that? No. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:23 AM
MMALOGIC

caseharts - 
MMALOGIC -

if cormier could beat cain he wouldnt be moving down a weight class... i dont give a crap about bff's... we're talking millions of dollars.  The only reason cormier is moving down is because it's already been settled at AKA who the best HW is.

If Cormier thought he could beat cain he wouldnt be moving down in an unknown division, waiting in line while, going through an unknown weight cut, giving up his spot at HW and doing all this at the age of 34.

In all likelihood they already settled who the better fighter is at AKA and that's why he's moving down. 

10/22/13 1:37 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
MMALOGIC -
caseharts - 
MMALOGIC -

If Cormier thought he could beat cain he wouldnt be moving down in an unknown division, waiting in line while, going through an unknown weight cut, giving up his spot at HW and doing all this at the age of 34.

In all likelihood they already settled who the better fighter is at AKA and that's why he's moving down. 

That's not true... Wtf. Chad Mendes could probably go down to bw and beat Barao and be champion but he's got two team Mates there faber and tj. He doesn't do it it's disrespectful and he has other options.

Its all speculation and opinion you can't Justify it with 'they probably settled it this way' no they probably didn't.

This is a similar situation to Kos Fitch. When Fitch fought gsp he said he'd go to mw if Fitch win even though most would agree Fitch would lose to Kos In a fight. Its a respect thing not than anyone knowing whose better or willing to admit it. The fact it Cormier is cains wrestling coach. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:40 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
CapnKindBud - Let's say that you guys are full of shit and these guys are very even in skill and Cain is bigger and stronger and would win ok ? Good cause thats what it is. Fucking people make up shit just to start bullshit topics.
Cormier is a much more physically strong and athletic guy I'm comparison to Cain. That's one of the things that looks pretty clear. As much as I could see Cain finishing Barnett he'd never be able to flip him like Cormier did. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:42 AM
Il Duce
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - The team and fighters have an agenda. That's to make Cain look as good as possible. Let's say Chris Weidman got koed a lot by costa Phillipou.. Do you think they'd say he did that? No. Phone Post
You're reaching. The man expressed his opinion, no need to discredit him because it differs from yours. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:45 AM
BuddyRevell
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce - 
caseharts - The team and fighters have an agenda. That's to make Cain look as good as possible. Let's say Chris Weidman got koed a lot by costa Phillipou.. Do you think they'd say he did that? No. Phone Post
You're reaching. The man expressed his opinion, no need to discredit him because it differs from yours. Phone Post 3.0

Well said, Il Duce. VU.

10/22/13 1:49 AM
jimbonice

Fitch knows his shit. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:50 AM
Gregg Roach
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce - 

Seriously.
10/22/13 1:57 AM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Il Duce -
I'm trying to put context in to this. There's an agenda in a team they can shape public perception. A team Mates opinion on wise better is not a clear indicator. This is something we'd need to see. I'm not trying to discredit Fitch so much as I see him as compromised Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.