UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Cain Velasquez's Spanish really that bad?

10/22/13 7:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NicolasExitBJJ - cain sounds like a gringo tourist when he speaks spanish. nothing wrong with that as he was born and raised in murica but pretty funny as they're trying to use him to connect to the mexican audience...
He does connect with the Mexican audience though. Everybody loves him and his not-so-great Spanish. Phone Post
10/22/13 7:56 AM
Bobby Lupo
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - I doubt our beloved Bobby Loops's Italiano is any better but no one would question him rocking his red/white/green pride.

My Spanish is better than Cain's. He speaks Spanish like he learned it from native English speakers, like he tries to say English phrases that don't exist.

He's better now, but he was hideous when he first started speaking with the Spanish language media.

My Italian is mad dialectical from the dirty south, but it sounds like the street, not a book.
10/22/13 8:34 AM
CANESHARP
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dong Hyun Kim hands down has the worst pound for pound Spanish in the ufc. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 8:39 AM
MillhouseMMA
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MahatmaPetey - Better Spanish: Cain or Peggy Hill? Phone Post
LOL, VU. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 8:47 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sprawl 68 - Who cares how good he speaks Spanish? How good is GSPs English? What about the rest of the Americans of Hispanic descent, do they speak perfect Spanish? Phone Post 3.0

I refuse to watch anyone fight who does not eloquently speak the language of a country they were not born in, or a language I know very little about!

10/22/13 8:51 AM
Bobby Lupo
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MillhouseMMA - 
MahatmaPetey - Better Spanish: Cain or Peggy Hill? Phone Post
LOL, VU. Phone Post 3.0

same level
10/22/13 8:52 AM
LucasBTiger
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Legendary One -
NicolasExitBJJ - cain sounds like a gringo tourist when he speaks spanish. nothing wrong with that as he was born and raised in murica but pretty funny as they're trying to use him to connect to the mexican audience...
Imagine JDS and Werdum having a conversation in Spanish and Cain tries to join in and they laugh at how crappy it is and Cain gets all sad Phone Post 3.0
...and then beats their asses. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 8:52 AM
Bobby Lupo

Big Pookie - 
Sprawl 68 - Who cares how good he speaks Spanish? How good is GSPs English? What about the rest of the Americans of Hispanic descent, do they speak perfect Spanish? Phone Post 3.0

I refuse to watch anyone fight who does not eloquently speak the language of a country they were not born in, or a language I know very little about!

when you're advertised as a Mexican Fighter, have the Mexican and not American flag, you shouldn't sound like a Gringo that took Spanish in high school. Wolf Ticket, bros.
10/22/13 8:53 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LucasBTiger - 
The Legendary One -
Imagine JDS and Werdum having a conversation in Spanish and Cain tries to join in and they laugh at how crappy it is and Cain gets all sad Phone Post 3.0
...and then beats their asses. Phone Post 3.0

LOL
10/22/13 8:53 AM
NicolasExitBJJ
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 
Big Pookie - 

when you're advertised as a Mexican Fighter, have the Mexican and not American flag, you shouldn't sound like a Gringo that took Spanish in high school. Wolf Ticket, bros.

^ also this. it's still kinda silly to me.
10/22/13 8:54 AM
AK-BJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain learned Spanish just to be more "Mexican" to ignorant fans who don't know any better. I almost feel sorry for the guy because it seems like he has a massive identity crisis going on... And of course Dana is using him like a donkey show performer so he really has no choice but to go with it.
10/22/13 8:58 AM
Kid Charlemagne
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ ppl bringing up that werdum and cigano speak better Spanish. No fucking shit

(Although i dont know) I honestly don't think cain spoke much Spanish, if at all, growing up. I remember him throwing a few lines leading up to the lesnar fight when they were promoting him as the Mexican fighter and thinking it was a bad idea. It's improved TREMENDOUSLY since then. It's clear he has been working at it. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 9:11 AM
Deputy Porker

XIITT_JBASS -
malryan -
XIITT_JBASS -
Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0
I'm half greek and live in Australia, my family speaks a funny mix of greek and English, although I don't speak greek and only hear the English. I still remember the first time telling my grandmother i had started BJJ, I had to get my mother to explain it to her as grandma's English is poor. She said something in greek, then said 'like karate'. I still don't think they have any idea what BJJ is lol Phone Post
Is it true that greeks like it in the ass? Phone Post
Why do you ask? Are most of the men that fuck you in the ass greek or something?? Phone Post
Where else would they fuck him? Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 9:13 AM
mario77
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cain,melendez,and sanchez really do not speak much spanish at all. it seems they are asked to speak it when they really do not. werdum speaks excellent spanish. Phone Post
10/22/13 9:36 AM
YorkshireManDem
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Werdum live in Spain and own an academy there? I'm also guessing being native Portuguese speakers helps greatly as they're very similar. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 9:45 AM
OGTT_Darth YOLO
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too many Mexicans in Brazil now? Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 9:55 AM
gabemadrid
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Werdum grew up in Spain. Florian is Peruvian. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 9:57 AM
Bobby Lupo

I think Florian used to own a translation service before becoming a full time fighter IIRC.
10/22/13 9:57 AM
Bobby Lupo

Cain fights on Fedor's level, and speak Spanish on Tito's level.
10/22/13 11:04 AM
palmmute
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Cain fights on Fedor's level, and speak Spanish on Tito's level.
Hahaha Phone Post
10/22/13 11:29 AM
Stea1th

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - Werdum speaks better Spanish than Cain Phone Post 3.0
This is true Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 11:30 AM
Big Pookie
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 
Big Pookie - 

You also probably shouldn't have a "brown pride" tattoo either.

10/22/13 11:45 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Yet he's a mexican patriot? Lol Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 11:47 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

Yet he's a mexican patriot? Lol Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 11:47 AM
tunaburn
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Also, not speaking perfect Spanish does not mean white America looked at Cain and his family and his kind as equals growing up. You think he wasnt called Beaner because of his shitty spanish?

you serious? He grew up in arizona and california. More mexicans than white people here. I doubt he was called beaner any more often than i get called hitler. Which sadly happens every so often out of nowhere.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.