UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Cain Velasquez's Spanish really that bad?

10/22/13 11:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - 
Big Pookie - 
Sprawl 68 - Who cares how good he speaks Spanish? How good is GSPs English? What about the rest of the Americans of Hispanic descent, do they speak perfect Spanish? Phone Post 3.0

I refuse to watch anyone fight who does not eloquently speak the language of a country they were not born in, or a language I know very little about!

when you're advertised as a Mexican Fighter, have the Mexican and not American flag, you shouldn't sound like a Gringo that took Spanish in high school. Wolf Ticket, bros.

You dummies don't get it. The people he appeals to are just like that. 2nd, 3rd and so on, generations of Mexicans. They themselves don't speak Spanish or their kids don't speak Spanish. People in Mexico also don't give a fuck, as long as he's beating up the non-Mexican. Yes, as long as the opponent is non-Latino, they'll always root for the "somewhat" Mexican. It's true, especially in boxing.
10/22/13 12:02 PM
Bobby Lupo
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get it. He's less Mexican than Marcus Davis is Irish, and Marcus Davis isn't Irish, but he at least had a connection to Ireland and has an MMA school there.

Pandering gimmickry. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:34 PM
ShaqNoob
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed - "Brown Pride", does not speak Spanish.

Awesome.

He speaks it just like one would expect someone with a "Brown Pride" tattoo to speak it.
10/22/13 12:42 PM
n3m
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MahatmaPetey -  Better Spanish: Cain or Peggy Hill? Phone Post

VU...this had me rolling.

Werdum Mom is from Spain afaik.

Cain doesn't even sound like a mexican american. He sounds like he just learned it a couple of years ago. wolf tickets as bobby lupo said.
10/22/13 12:44 PM
Rubitsu
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tunaburn -
Wasa-B - Also, not speaking perfect Spanish does not mean white America looked at Cain and his family and his kind as equals growing up. You think he wasnt called Beaner because of his shitty spanish?

you serious? He grew up in arizona and california. More mexicans than white people here. I doubt he was called beaner any more often than i get called hitler. Which sadly happens every so often out of nowhere.
I grew up in San Diego and used to be called little bean by a school teacher. Also gotten wetback and spic. Racist assholes are racist assholes no matter where u are. I'm 37 and had a guy tell me to take my beaner tortilla eating ass back across the border about a month ago. He heard me speak Spanish to a cashier because she addressed me in Spanish. Phone Post
10/22/13 12:46 PM
Abrtitans
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Also, not speaking perfect Spanish does not mean white America looked at Cain and his family and his kind as equals growing up. You think he wasnt called Beaner because of his shitty spanish?
His dad is Caucasian Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:49 PM
Abrtitans
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Abrtitans -
Wasa-B - Also, not speaking perfect Spanish does not mean white America looked at Cain and his family and his kind as equals growing up. You think he wasnt called Beaner because of his shitty spanish?
His dad is Caucasian Phone Post 3.0
Nevermind he's clearly African American

http://imageshack.us/a/img198/1088/pcyi.jpg Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 12:50 PM
UGCTT_AlexE
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, Cain's Spanish seriously makes me cringe, considering how proud he is of his heritage and how they call him the Mexican Patriot lol. I think this is why Werdum keeps calling for a TUF Mexico, because he knows how bad Cain will look. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:04 PM
Rubitsu
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's sad is these types of posts slowed down when be lost the tittle. It seems there's some underlying racism when it comes to Latino fighters. He speaks good enough Spanish to be huge in Mexico, so maybe he inspires people in a country dominated by boxing to start training mma? Having this guy promoted as a Mexican fighter can only help mma. But all the closet racists can't see that.
And whether you admit it or not, criticizing him for having pride in his heritage and not speaking proper Spanish is racist. English is my second language and my Spanish sucks compared to my cousins who grew up in Mexico. I guess I'm not Mexican then. Even though I was born there.

The guy is a fucken monster, dominates his competition, isn't out making as ass of himself or talking shit. He's not getting popped for doping. This guy is all good for mma. That's what people should focus on. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:07 PM
Abrtitans

Rubitsu - What's sad is these types of posts slowed down when be lost the tittle. It seems there's some underlying racism when it comes to Latino fighters. He speaks good enough Spanish to be huge in Mexico, so maybe he inspires people in a country dominated by boxing to start training mma? Having this guy promoted as a Mexican fighter can only help mma. But all the closet racists can't see that.
And whether you admit it or not, criticizing him for having pride in his heritage and not speaking proper Spanish is racist. English is my second language and my Spanish sucks compared to my cousins who grew up in Mexico. I guess I'm not Mexican then. Even though I was born there.

The guy is a fucken monster, dominates his competition, isn't out making as ass of himself or talking shit. He's not getting popped for doping. This guy is all good for mma. That's what people should focus on. Phone Post
So what is it called when Europeans take offense to an American claiming they're Irish or British or whatever just because they had ancestors from that country? Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:17 PM
Rubitsu

Abrtitans -
Rubitsu - What's sad is these types of posts slowed down when be lost the tittle. It seems there's some underlying racism when it comes to Latino fighters. He speaks good enough Spanish to be huge in Mexico, so maybe he inspires people in a country dominated by boxing to start training mma? Having this guy promoted as a Mexican fighter can only help mma. But all the closet racists can't see that.

So what is it called when Europeans take offense to an American claiming they're Irish or British or whatever just because they had ancestors from that country? Phone Post 3.0
That's not the same thing. Mexicans in Mexico aren't upset about Cain being sold as a Mexican fighter. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:26 PM
imontoya
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like most tijanos of 2nd or 3rd generation, his Spanish is close to zero. I assumed he understands it but because lack of practice don't expect him to have a fluent conversation.
10/22/13 1:30 PM
Abrtitans

Rubitsu -
Abrtitans -

That's not the same thing. Mexicans in Mexico aren't upset about Cain being sold as a Mexican fighter. Phone Post
My friend who is from El Salvador thinks he's a poser. Always makes fun of his Spanish. But then again all if those countries have there own totally different identities, the only thing they share in common is that they speak the same language. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:31 PM
teabagexpress
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who gives a mierda!!!
10/22/13 1:31 PM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's gotten better. Sounded pretty good at the press conference. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:36 PM
Rubitsu

Abrtitans -
Rubitsu -
Abrtitans -

My friend who is from El Salvador thinks he's a poser. Always makes fun of his Spanish. But then again all if those countries have there own totally different identities, the only thing they share in common is that they speak the same language. Phone Post 3.0
I think his Spanish is shit. Worse than mine. I just think it's silly to focus on that instead of his accomplishments. Imagine a TUF Mexico, it wouldn't just be Mexicans, it would draw fighters from all over Latin America. Phone Post
10/22/13 1:39 PM
JJSFC
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not a fan of Cain at all and this accentuates the stupidity of his brown pride tattoo. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:41 PM
ajl416az
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/22/13 1:42 PM
if you got called a beaner growing up, you can rock brown pride

no white person will understand, and the dumb ones never have the grace to just keep their mouths shut about it
10/22/13 1:50 PM
GR33K 13
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

malryan -
XIITT_JBASS -
Lex_o - Like most us Mexican Americans the language we speak with our parents is its own language. It might sound like great Spanish to those who don't speak it but its crap in the real world. Phone Post 3.0
I'm half greek and live in Australia, my family speaks a funny mix of greek and English, although I don't speak greek and only hear the English. I still remember the first time telling my grandmother i had started BJJ, I had to get my mother to explain it to her as grandma's English is poor. She said something in greek, then said 'like karate'. I still don't think they have any idea what BJJ is lol Phone Post
Is it true that greeks like it in the ass? Phone Post
There are people from all walks of life who prefer a good ole ass pounding. Greeks like it no more or no less than anyone else. No homo. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:58 PM
ShaqNoob

Abrtitans - 
Rubitsu -
Abrtitans -

A cerote making fun of a Mexican. What else is new...
10/22/13 1:58 PM
Bobby Lupo
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His fighting speaks for itself. He doesn't need to come out with a flag of a country he isn't from and barely speaks the language of and that Mexican hat dance music? C'mon with that. Cain looks like a rock fan, he's not listening to that accordion nonsense.

Plastico Mexicano like Davis was a plastic Paddy Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 1:59 PM
JimmersonzGlove
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain can roll along with me to Adelitas and brush up on his espanol if he wants.

10/22/13 2:04 PM
J2C1
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well said. Phone Post
10/22/13 2:09 PM
Rubitsu

Bobby Lupo - His fighting speaks for itself. He doesn't need to come out with a flag of a country he isn't from and barely speaks the language of and that Mexican hat dance music? C'mon with that. Cain looks like a rock fan, he's not listening to that accordion nonsense.

Plastico Mexicano like Davis was a plastic Paddy Phone Post 3.0
Lol at Mexican hat dance. Yeah I'm gonna take everything you say serious.

Why do you care? Are u mexican? Born in mexico? Does it offend your national pride cause your far more Mexican than him? Or none of the above? You just don't like him because he's Mexican and he's at the top? Phone Post
10/22/13 2:34 PM
greentrousers
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

even brock lesnar can speak better spanish than that velascooes guy.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.