UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Arm got hurt from arm bar.

10/22/13 2:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
iHazpoopz
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm new to bjj. I didn't hyper extend it I think, at least there was no pop. But today while doing kickboxing and holding pads for a partner the inside of my elbow was killing me.

Do I just let this heal? Or is there anything I can do to help it? Like an elbow sleeve or something? Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 2:50 AM
akb62
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ice. Tap alot quicker Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 3:48 AM
BJJBuster
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And quit holding pads for a bit Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 7:27 AM
Ray Blackburn
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Months ago I was sparring and got arm barred. Nothing unusual, it wasn't cranked, I didn't delay to work an escape.

My elbow has hurt ever since. My 48 years may have something to do with that. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 5:10 PM
JRockwell
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Blackburn - Months ago I was sparring and got arm barred. Nothing unusual, it wasn't cranked, I didn't delay to work an escape.

My elbow has hurt ever since. My 48 years may have something to do with that. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, I am learning the older I get, the faster I need to tap when I get caught. Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 5:21 PM
Subzero90

I got arm barred almost 2 years a go and it hasn't felt the same.  This sport is very hard on your body, you'll learn that in time.

10/22/13 7:57 PM
Bjjudo

Subzero90 -

I got arm barred almost 2 years a go and it hasn't felt the same.  This sport is very hard on your body, you'll learn that in time.

This ^
Kimura/ straight arm bar I wish I had tapped from when he put it on.
Been over a year and it hurts every training session. Phone Post
10/23/13 1:05 AM
markus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yea, boxing does not work after getting armbarred. the ligaments got stretched. now your pounding the cartlidge back together...gonna hurt for sure.
10/28/13 1:47 AM
The Popeye
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to BJJ, you may also experience some of these things.

Sweat
Finger bruises on the inside of your upper arm
Bruises all over
Busted lips
Black eyes
head buts
cramps
knee injuries
shoulder injuries
and unquenchable desire to keep training despite all of these things.

Have fun my friend.
10/28/13 2:12 AM
athsportsnutrition
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Recovery Shakes for Combat Athletes

Always tap too early than too late. If you're injured, you can't train. RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation). Basically just ice it and rest it. You can do some forearm/tricep exercises as well.

10/29/13 12:24 AM
iHazpoopz
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did tap fast. The Asian dude I was sparring with just slapped it on fast and cranked it.

Must of been a dick move if anything, never have a problem with other partners and tapping, my only guess is little mans syndrome. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 10:33 AM
BigEyedFish
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

armbar injuries are usually not too bad. A couple weeks recovery. Tap sooner.
10/29/13 3:18 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if it hurts, you should've tapped already.

Tap to position, not to pain. Once you concede the position to your partner, then you can work on your escape or you can back up and work on not getting in the position.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.