UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Joey Beltran cut by the UFC

10/23/13 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you to @ufc @danawhite @lorenzofertitta & #JoeSilva for the opportunities you have given me. Time for a new chapter in my fight life.

— joey beltran (@mexicutioner760) October 22, 2013

10/23/13 1:14 PM
Brabatross
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit. I hate seeing guys get cut after they were screwed by the judges. Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 1:15 PM
Card
1907 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/23/13 1:17 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit! Well, with a few wins hopefully he can get back. Phone Post
10/23/13 1:18 PM
MartialArtsMixed
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why cut guys when they bring it like you want Dana ? Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 1:24 PM
caseharts
405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
I love beltran maybe this motivates him to go local get a few weeks and come back. I don't like how he started working a ton in the clinch though. I wish him the best Phone Post
10/23/13 1:29 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bullshit! Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 1:33 PM
mr1709

MartialArtsMixed - Why cut guys when they bring it like you want Dana ? Phone Post 3.0

except he doesnt. HEs quite boring to watch
10/23/13 1:35 PM
DaemonDragon
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atkinson - Merging the WEC with the UFC has ended up fucking a lot of great fighters. Phone Post 3.0

And making the really great WEC fighters a lot of money.

I'm sure Aldo, Barao, Cerrone, Pettis, Benson are making much more bank in the UFC than they were in the WEC.
10/23/13 1:39 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did I miss something??!? He brings it every time yes, but he missed more punches in that fight than any fight I've ever seen. What were the stats?? I thought it was pretty unanimous that Maldonado won. Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 1:41 PM
Zed Wayne Zed
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fabio "The Spider" Maldonado wowing the crowds!!

Put him against Vitor so we can see a front kick KO!!!

10/23/13 1:43 PM
Card

MasterofMartialArts - Did I miss something??!? He brings it every time yes, but he missed more punches in that fight than any fight I've ever seen. What were the stats?? I thought it was pretty unanimous that Maldonado won. Phone Post 3.0

10/23/13 1:43 PM
Willin
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both guys should have been cut. Sloppy as hell. Phone Post
10/23/13 1:44 PM
AMartinez20

mr1709 -
MartialArtsMixed - Why cut guys when they bring it like you want Dana ? Phone Post 3.0

You're a fuking retard. Go kill your self Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 1:58 PM
showtime SNAPPED my toothpick
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MartialArtsMixed - Why cut guys when they bring it like you want Dana ? Phone Post 3.0
He has not been bringing it lately just Dana's least favorite technique cage pushing Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 2:03 PM
HITMAN DAN DIAZ
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck you guys are stupid sometimes.

in a staked division sometimes the best thing they can do if they like somebody is cut them so they can go fight and make money. 

if they dont like you they will keep you on the bench. one ufc contract i saw said they only have to offer you a fight every 18 months to keep the contract in place. that means on a 2 or 3 fight deal they could stretch it out for almost 5 years.

wake up man sometimes they are doing the right thing by cutting a guy right away when their name in known and they can get another fight and make some money right away. 

10/23/13 2:05 PM
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AMartinez20 -
mr1709 -

His last few fights he attempted to fight very boring. Just because he had some amazing brawls back in the day doesn't change this Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 2:06 PM

showtime SNAPPED my toothpick -
AMartinez20 -
mr1709 -

His last few fights he attempted to fight very boring. Just because he had some amazing brawls back in the day doesn't change this Phone Post 3.0
Also he tested positive Phone Post 3.0
10/23/13 2:09 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

See you in 10 ufcs, at middleweight, Joey. Phone Post
10/23/13 7:46 PM
DWTF
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wont buy the GSP card because of this. damn you dana
10/23/13 7:48 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His fights are sloppy. He failed a drug test. This isn't a guy fans should be complaininf about getting cut. Phone Post
10/23/13 8:28 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/23/13 9:28 PM

I felt he won his last fight against Maldanado. It's gotta hurt being cut after a fight you legitimately felt you won.

10/24/13 8:42 AM
MisterHawkeMMA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone has to put together a UFC sponsored (or at least co-signed) developmental league. If all the young fighters like Lil Pettis had somewhere they could fight and get their fights shown on FB like the prelims, than that would leave a lot of spots open for veterans.

And how awesome would it be to have free (cheap) cards full of all of the young fighters who aren't quite ready to be in the UFC yet. When Gerald Harris got cut, I had the hardest time finding his fights. If his fights would've been even on UFC.com for $5 a card, I'd of been happy to follow his career. And that would've made it a lot easier for him to make it back to the big show.

This system is working for MLB, and now the NBA very well. UFC should be next.
10/24/13 9:16 AM
luctaro
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisterHawkeMMA - Someone has to put together a UFC sponsored (or at least co-signed) developmental league. If all the young fighters like Lil Pettis had somewhere they could fight and get their fights shown on FB like the prelims, than that would leave a lot of spots open for veterans.

And how awesome would it be to have free (cheap) cards full of all of the young fighters who aren't quite ready to be in the UFC yet. When Gerald Harris got cut, I had the hardest time finding his fights. If his fights would've been even on UFC.com for $5 a card, I'd of been happy to follow his career. And that would've made it a lot easier for him to make it back to the big show.

This system is working for MLB, and now the NBA very well. UFC should be next.

why fight in facebook when he could fight on TV (AXS TV) in the RFA. Or in WSOF. Or in Bellator.

Veterans have a ton of options outside the UFC I dont want ZUFFA to monopolize the market of used up worn out fighters (those guys are the ones that can get hurt bad or develop trauma issues, they dont want to get anywhere near them really).

You have a bunch of cards full of young fighters who arent quite ready yet for UFC. Its called every other promotion in the World, and its headed by RFA, Jungle Fights, Shooto, BAMMA, etc etc.

If you couldnt watch Harris fights around its because the promoter didnt wanted them out in youtube, he fought in televised cards.
10/24/13 9:25 AM
Authority Figure

He has  5 other UFC losses in 3 years.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.