UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> explain this Daniel Cormier hate?

10/24/13 11:38 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JCON
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - Racism. Phone Post
I'm white and I like DC.

At 166 his fan section was right next to me. A guy was screaming "beat that white trash!" towards Roy

It was great with all the Hispanics screaming "brown pride baby!!"

l'll probably watch the next one at home if Cain comes back to Houston Phone Post 3.0
10/24/13 11:43 AM
JStrongMMA
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen a lot of shit talk on the UG about him. It's probably because a lot of people didn't follow him in SF. Phone Post
10/24/13 11:59 AM
ranier wolfcastle
655 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothing to hate imo

10/24/13 12:05 PM
UGCTT_Bromovich
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love me some DC, sick fighter, well spoken, seems like one of the nicest guys you could wanna meet, add in the tragedies he's had to overcome and i can't not love the guy. Phone Post
10/24/13 12:06 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/24/5023012/daniel-cormier-has-problem-fighting-alexander-gustafsson-overseas-ufc-title-shot-mma

Personally, stuff like this is why I'm not a fan
10/24/13 12:20 PM
PatrickVilone
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When DC first bursted onto the scene, I hated him. But I don't talk shit and constantly troll, just my inner thoughts.

But I'll admit each fight he grows on me a little more and more. I still don't like DC. But you don't see me bitching about it.

The man is a great fighter. I could say "he talks to much" but I think it's just his personality and my personality clash.

Oh and Jon Jones and Cain beat DC.
IMO Phone Post
10/24/13 12:23 PM
Col Angus
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No hate here. Big fan. I will be cheering for him against Jones.
10/24/13 12:40 PM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DC rocks.
10/24/13 1:04 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

No hate. He's just overrated Phone Post 3.0
10/24/13 1:08 PM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Freddie Gavaria - http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/24/5023012/daniel-cormier-has-problem-fighting-alexander-gustafsson-overseas-ufc-title-shot-mma

I think he didn't want to fight gus in sweden because that's a fight they seem to want to make. If they said Canada or somewhere neutral I bet he'd say yes Phone Post
10/24/13 1:12 PM
epwar
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I started seeing the hate build from the Barnett fight:  1) he beat a guy the UG worships (for some odd reason) and 2) there was the coasting/running in the 5th round.  His UFC debut against Frank Mir didn't help matters much.

10/24/13 1:20 PM
cruedi
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - 
Freddie Gavaria - http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/24/5023012/daniel-cormier-has-problem-fighting-alexander-gustafsson-overseas-ufc-title-shot-mma

I think he didn't want to fight gus in sweden because that's a fight they seem to want to make. If they said Canada or somewhere neutral I bet he'd say yes Phone Post

He said he didn't want his FIRST fight at 205 to be oversees. He wants to be where he can control his food/sauna training better. He said the UFC was looking to have Gus fight next in Europe so he didn't want that fight.

He never said he would not fight oversees against Gus or anyone else. He had kidney problems the last time he cut weight, I think that's scaring him a little.

10/24/13 1:21 PM
mm370
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've seen all his Strikeforce and UFC fights and I find him exciting to watch(minus the Mir fight). He mixes up his wrestling and striking very well and doesn't Fitch out decisions. I believe he is going to beat Jones Phone Post 3.0
10/24/13 1:24 PM
biva
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Because he's boring. Phone Post 3.0
10/24/13 1:37 PM
zebers3
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is he banging a white girl? Because that would explain it.

10/24/13 1:41 PM
caseharts
403 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
cruedi -
caseharts - 

He said he didn't want his FIRST fight at 205 to be oversees. He wants to be where he can control his food/sauna training better. He said the UFC was looking to have Gus fight next in Europe so he didn't want that fight.

He never said he would not fight oversees against Gus or anyone else. He had kidney problems the last time he cut weight, I think that's scaring him a little.

Ya I know all that and to be honest it makes sense. The guy has had issues in the past and wants to do it right. Sounds good Phone Post
10/24/13 1:42 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
omega 2013 - i don't hate him,but don't respect fighters who don't fight "friends". i've been friends with someone for 20+ years. i've eaten and stayed at his house. i call his mom "mom". we've done almost everything together. but, i asked him would he fight me if i had the title and w/o hesitation he said "hell yes". we both agreed if we didn't, we couldn't respect each other. DC claiming he won't fight Cain b/c they're friends doesn't make any sense to me...
I think its because he'd beat him and he knows he can beat Jones so why not let both men be champs for now then fight later in a super fight Phone Post
10/24/13 1:43 PM
HolyHackZack
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain and Cormier fight all day long. That's training. It's not 'I don't want to punch my buddy in the face' it's more like 'I don't want to take money away from my friends family for years to come', and that's just to start.

10/24/13 2:20 PM
Larry The Legend

Most people hate him for the Mir fight
10/24/13 2:31 PM
Ramone8
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

omega 2013 - i don't hate him,but don't respect fighters who don't fight "friends". i've been friends with someone for 20+ years. i've eaten and stayed at his house. i call his mom "mom". we've done almost everything together. but, i asked him would he fight me if i had the title and w/o hesitation he said "hell yes". we both agreed if we didn't, we couldn't respect each other. DC claiming he won't fight Cain b/c they're friends doesn't make any sense to me...

It's his "friend" and training partner. A lot more goes into fighting a training partner than saying you'll do it.

You'll likely have to train at a different gym, or try to arrange a schedule where your respective sessions are going on during different parts of the day.

There is the matter of dividing coaches, who will corner who, etc. It's a precarious situation. Cormier found a way to avoid that: dropping down to a weigh class that is more ideal for him anyway.
10/24/13 3:28 PM
mackass

I haven't liked his last few fights because I get the feeling he's holding back and it rubs me the wrong way Phone Post 3.0
10/24/13 3:29 PM
mackass

I guess same thing a lot of people feel towards benson Phone Post 3.0
10/24/13 3:39 PM
HolyHackZack
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think he's holding back, I think he lacks confidence. He's still relatively green in this sport, fighting guys with much more experience.

10/24/13 4:40 PM
Damaynevent

DC gets a ton of love from what I've seen. That being said, I find myself disliking him at times because he was talking shit about JBJ when he was in Strikeforce and in a totally different weight class. It's like he was trying to talk himself into a title shot off his grand prix hype and that annoyed me. He also claimed to humbled, but got super offended when JBJ didn't know who he was. If he's so humble and modest why would he care is someone knows him?

Now that he has plans of moving down to 205, I think a bit of trash talking towards the champ is warranted to make the potential fight between the two of them more interesting. As impressive as he's looked in his last few fights, I still think JBJ is going to beat him.....and beat him convincingly.

Cormier is a good dude, but he doesn't have anything for JBJ inside the octagon. I wish him the best in his first fight at 205 and hope he does well so we can see him against JBJ or Glover.
10/24/13 4:46 PM
AlexinTO

Muscles82 - He came back from almost dying of kidney failure and losing a child. He is the nicest guy in the world face to face and is undefeated. He has my respect, that's for sure. Phone Post 3.0
Me too
One of my favourites Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.