UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> List some sharp looking gi's

10/25/13 10:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
phillymmafan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking to buy a new gi. Want something nice. Can you guys name some brands that aren't the usual ones. Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 10:43 AM
uberpinscher
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kingz! Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 11:17 AM
GaspareBJJ
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Id say for what they are Bull Terrier doesn't get the credit they deserve Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 11:34 AM
MTH
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lots of threads on this, and there are a zillion gi manufacturers these days putting out quality products.

So there are really a ton of options.

I was looking at getting an Origin gi for awhile. Breakpoint are a little flashier and seem nice too. Koral's stuff is good. Lucky gis look really nice and they've got some bamboo gis that are supposed to be just awesome.

Really just a ton of options. It comes down to fit more IMO--"sharp looking" quality gis are readily available from many manufacturers, but finding the one that's got the right cut for you is the challenge. Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 12:44 PM
Easters
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like the look and feel of the CTRL Industries gis. Hoping to get one soon. Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 12:49 PM
Double Gold BJJ
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Competidor Gis look slick but I think they are closing up shop after this last gi.
CTRL gis look nice too.
10/25/13 1:01 PM
phillymmafan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I have a ctrl now. Love it , fits great, but just looking to switch it up Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 1:05 PM
Matthieu Battle
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

killerbeegi.com makes a good gi and has a plug n play customization page. some pretty cool options to toy with - i think their lead time is about a month, but don't quote me.
10/25/13 1:44 PM
krept
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a big fan of Padilla and while they are mentioned sometimes in the context of being good quality and affordable, they have a relatively new Mako Series that is priced nice and looks good.

http://www.matrat.us/matrat-store/ecom-catshow/padilla.html

The main thing I like is that they have nice touches like contrast stitching, without going overboard to make it look NASCAR-esque. It's a good place between austere and gaudy IMO. I think they are hard to beat for the quality at $135 right now.
10/25/13 1:47 PM
falsecrack
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out vandal kimonos, I have a couple, nice fit and look

10/25/13 1:52 PM
Sugarfoot
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just picked up the 93 Grey Goose, got it at BJJHQ.com for $100, they have husky and long sizes, fits great and got some complements on it.

I also recommend KillerBeeGi.com. Great high quality gis and they have custom options. Go with the Scutteltta? Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 2:25 PM
thesalfordmongoose

Progress Jiu Jitsu. Clean, simple, classy
Progressjj.com Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 2:36 PM
Sgt. Slaphead
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you like a heavier gi (models ~550-850) look at the new Adidas Jiujitsu gi. They used to have a Machado signature model but it had problems silk screening?? Now it's plain on lighter model or embroidered "Adidas" on heavy model.
10/25/13 4:45 PM
Braxmax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toro BJJ Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 6:07 PM
Shotta
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Redstar, Tatami, Under Oath Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 6:54 PM
The Ghost Of Swayze
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Killer Bee Meliponini MK III. Plain white gi for $80.00. Beautifully simple.
10/25/13 7:11 PM
RobertKipness
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kozen Fight Gear
CTRL Industries
Shoyoroll
Competidor Brand
93 Brand
Shimono Kimonos
Strike Fightwear
Ronin Brand
Do or Die
Submit One Kimonos
10/25/13 7:24 PM
von krap
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

grips athletics secret weapon 2.0

best gi ive ever worn...competed...and won in.
10/25/13 7:31 PM
TheMauler

Faixa Rua elites are really nice Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 8:08 PM
Poet of Gore

RobertKipness - Kozen Fight Gear
CTRL Industries
Shoyoroll
Competidor Brand
93 Brand
Shimono Kimonos
Strike Fightwear
Ronin Brand
Do or Die
Submit One Kimonos

hey, fuck strike fightwear. those assholes. i bought a A3L Hoth gi and they sent like an A2 size gi with a a3L label. happened tp a lot of people. they said they woudl replace months ago. nothing since then. 

so yeah, i am now on a crusade of badmouthing them until i get my shit.

10/25/13 8:14 PM
RobertKipness
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poet of Gore - 
CTRL Industries
Shoyoroll
Competidor Brand
93 Brand
Shimono Kimonos
Strike Fightwear
Ronin Brand
Do or Die
Submit One Kimonos

hey, fuck strike fightwear. those assholes. i bought a A3L Hoth gi and they sent like an A2 size gi with a a3L label. happened tp a lot of people. they said they woudl replace months ago. nothing since then. 

Haha, you're entitled to do that until they've made the situation right.

Have you heard anything back from them since?
10/25/13 8:51 PM
Shotta
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poet of Gore -
CTRL Industries
Shoyoroll
Competidor Brand
93 Brand
Shimono Kimonos
Strike Fightwear
Ronin Brand
Do or Die
Submit One Kimonos

I'll take that A2 off your hands if you still have it. Phone Post 3.0
10/25/13 9:15 PM
Poet of Gore

Edited: 10/25/13 9:15 PM
Shotta - 
Poet of Gore -
CTRL Industries
Shoyoroll
Competidor Brand
93 Brand
Shimono Kimonos
Strike Fightwear
Ronin Brand
Do or Die
Submit One Kimonos

I'll take that A2 off your hands if you still have it. Phone Post 3.0

lol, let me know how to get it to you and you can have it. it is just sitting around doing shit and smelling (still has the mothball smell they get from pakistan) i have not washed it or anthing. i tried to try it on but it was too small for me to even try on.

it is a nice fucking gi though

10/26/13 10:47 AM
Shotta

PM
10/26/13 11:35 AM
ROFL

Moya Brand
Inverted Gear
Padilla & Sons

Just ordered my second Inverted gi. Awesome product coming from those guys.

Moya Brand also makes spectacular gis.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.