UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Honeymoon in Brazil. Bad time of year?

10/26/13 9:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
A_Butler
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Question to you all you guys that have spent time in Brazil. My fiancee and I are planning to honeymoon at the end of May next year. Of course, I'd love to go to Brazil, but I've read some weather reports and hanging at the beach all day doesn't seem possible during this time of year. Anybody got any info for me?
10/26/13 10:08 PM
FlowWithTheGo
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What part of Brazil? The World Cup is next summer in Brazil and you're going to have a hard time finding a hotel. Why did your search say about being on the beach all day? Phone Post 3.0
10/26/13 10:49 PM
nogidavid
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

depends if it's pre/during or post carnival
10/26/13 11:05 PM
nogidavid
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

world cup begins june 12 and lasts a month according to google. also i expect quite a bit of civil unrest in rio especially
10/26/13 11:35 PM
FlowWithTheGo
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nogidavid, can you expand on the civil unrest you suspect?

I made a thread earlier this year. I'm headed to Porto Alegre in December to see my girlfriend. I'll be in Rio for a week over New Years. Excited as fuck. Phone Post 3.0
10/26/13 11:49 PM
nogidavid

FlowWithTheGo - Nogidavid, can you expand on the civil unrest you suspect?

I made a thread earlier this year. I'm headed to Porto Alegre in December to see my girlfriend. I'll be in Rio for a week over New Years. Excited as fuck. Phone Post 3.0

well, there's been sporadic demonstrations, civil disobedience and a heavy handed police response here in rio. mainly its been centred on the centre of town/financial district. but i expect more of these during the world cup as it;s a focus point of people's ire. there's even been protesting in middle class barra a couple of weeks ago
10/26/13 11:55 PM
nogidavid

english language pages:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-23/brazil-world-cup-disruption-seen-outcome-of-rio-violent-protests.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/video-1049826/Violent-demonstrations-Rio-Janeiro-week-row.html

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/16/violence-rio-de-janeiro-protests

this was the one in barra with tear gas and rubber bullets:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-24605389

wiki page for the protests:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_protests_in_Brazil
10/27/13 10:14 AM
Tarado Safado
463 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it will be very expensive to book accomodation in Rio around the World Cup time

given your timing, perhaps another place might be a better choice?
10/27/13 1:57 PM
judoinmotion
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

May is the end of fall. So the temperature starts to drop. You can go to the north east part of Brazil that have the most beautiful beaches in the world and they are usually sunny year round.
10/27/13 7:55 PM
A_Butler
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks guys. Mainly concerned with the weather. All inclusives have been in our price range and it's not that expensive. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 10:35 PM
nogidavid

judoinmotion - May is the end of fall. So the temperature starts to drop. You can go to the north east part of Brazil that have the most beautiful beaches in the world and they are usually sunny year round.

this
10/28/13 6:58 AM
Hywel Teague
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJJ Hacks, free Arte Suave videos, Direct from Rio
May in Rio is good weather, cooler than Jan-Feb when it goes over 40deg C. Temps range from 22deg c on a "chilly" day to 30 on a nice one. Night time it'll be about 16-18 deg C. Probably higher though as it starts getting colder around June-Aug.

You're guaranteed to have beach weather in Rio, I've never seen it longer than about a week to 10 days where there wasn't at least a couple of days of good weather. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.