UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida would fight Silva for title

10/27/13 10:45 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

A natural middleweight, Lyoto Machida has competed in the UFC's light heavyweight division to avoid fighting good friend and training partner Anderson Silva. With Silva having lost his title, Machida has moved to the middleweight division to chase a title, and now would fight Silva should he regain the title in December:

Here's what he told Gareth Davies on the post-fight show:

"I don't know, it's very hard to say, but I for sure want to be champion. I want the belt, but I don't know. I'll just (leave it) in Dana White's hands. ... Even if he asks me to fight at 205 pounds, I can do that."

What a sickeningly safe and standard reply, right?

There is good news, though.

Indeed, when Davies pressed and asked if that meant fighting the winner of Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman at UFC 168 on Dec. 28 later this year, after a brief moment of hesitation Machida replied in the affirmative:

"Yes. If it's for the belt, I said I want the belt. I have to chase the belt."

read entire article...

10/27/13 10:49 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CheckinHose
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 10:50 AM
shaqitup
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anderson won't do it imo.

He won't even fight belfort again because he's brasilian.

10/27/13 10:58 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida would whoop Anderson. Unfortunately, Anderson will never fight him. Phone Post
10/27/13 11:54 AM
Kneeblock
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Munoz is not enough to be #1 contender imo. He needs one more MW fight. Phone Post
10/27/13 11:58 AM
danggook
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no hespect Phone Post
10/27/13 12:08 PM
TuLegit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida would KO Anderson. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 12:13 PM
xsrg95
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silva would KO Machida.
10/27/13 12:19 PM
tempus

Machida would KO Anderson.
10/27/13 12:20 PM
crumbs
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KO would machida silva.
10/27/13 12:21 PM
kevsh
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida would KO Anderson
10/27/13 12:28 PM
HenryO

Im afraid if it did happen it would be a 5 round tentative decision.

I'd still like to see it because there's a possibility of something amazing happening.

I doubt it ever happens though, GSP, Anderson and to some extent Cain all looking at teammates who are true top contenders but the fights won't happen.(Rory, Machida, Cormier)
10/27/13 1:04 PM
You're a Good Boy

Anderson KO's machida. Deep down machida knows this. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 1:07 PM
hubris
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no more Brazilian on Brazilian violence brosefs!!!
10/27/13 1:22 PM
Stephen Holder

I kinda got the vibe that Machida would be game. I think both have a chance at beating the other at 205 and 185 also. To people knocking Silva, realize Anderson could have easily added to his legacy and stepped up to 205 and taken the strap EASILY before Jones had it and arguably even from Jones perhaps.
10/27/13 1:36 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Anderson by brutal moo tie. No can defend. Phone Post
10/27/13 1:42 PM
ender852
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dragon vs Spider? Truly these are dark, troubling times. Phone Post
10/27/13 1:58 PM
MisterHawkeMMA

HenryO - Im afraid if it did happen it would be a 5 round tentative decision.

I'd still like to see it because there's a possibility of something amazing happening.

I doubt it ever happens though, GSP, Anderson and to some extent Cain all looking at teammates who are true top contenders but the fights won't happen.(Rory, Machida, Cormier)

I literally just said that to my girlfriend lol. The only difference is I would love to see that chess match.
10/27/13 2:00 PM
XFactah416
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People would be amped up for this fight (and rightfully so), and then what happens is a 25 minute staring contest where the MMA world goes ballistic due to a lack of action and how it was like a "sparring" contest.
10/27/13 2:37 PM
da Vinci 81
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't believe him. If it comes to it they'll both say they won't fight each other like always.
10/27/13 3:03 PM
slowdiver
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Machida has made a choice to get that belt. His loyalty has been proven by fighting a bunch of monsters for years. I think it sounds like he's calling in that favor.
And because of his martial spirit, he has even found a way for brotherly competition to exist. Him and Mark just proved it. Phone Post
10/27/13 3:07 PM
HenryO

Stephen Holder - I kinda got the vibe that Machida would be game. I think both have a chance at beating the other at 205 and 185 also. To people knocking Silva, realize Anderson could have easily added to his legacy and stepped up to 205 and taken the strap EASILY before Jones had it and arguably even from Jones perhaps.

Oh come on, if it was that easy he would have done it. Forrest was far as he was willing to step at 205, then there was the Bonnar joke.

Prime Anderson in bouts with some of Shogun, Rashad, Rampage should have happened.
10/27/13 3:34 PM
Stephen Holder

super nintendo - 
Stephen Holder - I kinda got the vibe that Machida would be game. I think both have a chance at beating the other at 205 and 185 also. To people knocking Silva, realize Anderson could have easily added to his legacy and stepped up to 205 and taken the strap EASILY before Jones had it and arguably even from Jones perhaps.
No Anderson didn't want to get in the way of his teammates like Machida who was closing in on a title shot at the time. Phone Post 3.0

That's exactly my point. He coulda been a legit contender at 205 both prior to Jones and even with Jones as champ. Having the 185 and 205 belts simultaneously woulda been huge. If Jones and GSP incur another loss in their career and never hold belts simultaneously in another weight class, some might argue that Silva had he done so would cement him as the p4p king, even taking the weidman loss into consideration. He didn't 'chase' the 205 title at that point in his career out of his respect/friendship for Machida. Guess Machida doesn't feel the same way?
10/27/13 4:19 PM
You're a Good Boy

MisterHawkeMMA -
HenryO - Im afraid if it did happen it would be a 5 round tentative decision.

I literally just said that to my girlfriend lol. The only difference is I would love to see that chess match.
Did ur girl actually give a shit? Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 4:27 PM
DamnSevern
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fap fap fap 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.