UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What's with Bas?

10/27/13 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just watched DVRed WSOF. It seems like he does not realize the mic is on sometimes. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 6:40 PM
ThickS0lid N Right
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad is a madman .. He's just colorful. I remember the 1 about the decagon an a few others. The shows not as tight as ufc but was an awesome card an I like bas on the mic.. Better then the Annik/ kenflo combo Phone Post 3.0
ThickS0lid N Right
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bas* Phone Post 3.0
KnowKontrol
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was on the mic sayin "decagon decagon decagon deca deca chuka chucka pahhh pahhh" then it sounded like he was beat boxing. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 6:41 PM
KnowKontrol

I like bas on the mic also he is awesome. Its funny. Just wonderin if he realizes he didn't turn off the mic. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 6:42 PM
KnowKontrol

He was also singing along with the song during the intro of the main event. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 6:48 PM
ThickS0lid N Right

KnowKontrol - I like bas on the mic also he is awesome. Its funny. Just wonderin if he realizes he didn't turn off the mic. Phone Post 3.0
That perticular instance id say he proly didn't know Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 6:53 PM
MrAntichrist
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he's just naturally a zany dude. Have you seen the Cartoon Network commercials he did? He's just really energetic and is comfortable being himself.
I'm surprised he doesn't come up more often in GOAT conversations. I don't necessarily believe that he is, but I think a case could be made. Not to mention his contributions in commentating and his commercials/video tutorials etc bringing MMA to a more mainstream audience. Bas is fantastic for the sport, definitely a favorite of mine. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 7:09 PM
kingkoopa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like him on gta lol Phone Post
10/27/13 7:18 PM
Arzn1ck
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Him and Rogan would make the best team ever ever. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 7:26 PM
The Black Cheez

kingkoopa - I like him on gta lol Phone Post
He's on gta? Phone Post
10/27/13 7:27 PM
KnowKontrol

Gta 4 Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 7:29 PM
gage949
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He ain't got shit on Don Frye's commentating

Fact. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 7:33 PM
Warriormmd
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrAntichrist - I think he's just naturally a zany dude. Have you seen the Cartoon Network commercials he did? He's just really energetic and is comfortable being himself.
I'm surprised he doesn't come up more often in GOAT conversations. I don't necessarily believe that he is, but I think a case could be made. Not to mention his contributions in commentating and his commercials/video tutorials etc bringing MMA to a more mainstream audience. Bas is fantastic for the sport, definitely a favorite of mine. Phone Post 3.0
I'd say this is a fairy good assessment Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 7:36 PM
hackett
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KnowKontrol - He was on the mic sayin "decagon decagon decagon deca deca chuka chucka pahhh pahhh" then it sounded like he was beat boxing. Phone Post 3.0

He's mimicking the old "Transformers" cartoon that I'm guessing a good % of MMA fans are too young to remember :)

10/27/13 7:46 PM
Dead President
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 7:54 PM
OneSidedWar

Bas is just having fun... Phone Post
10/27/13 8:26 PM
The Black Cheez

KnowKontrol - Gta 4 Phone Post 3.0
Oooh ok, I think I may remember hearing him, but I didn't know it was him. Very cool. Phone Post
10/27/13 9:06 PM
KnowKontrol

The Black Cheez -
KnowKontrol - Gta 4 Phone Post 3.0
Oooh ok, I think I may remember hearing him, but I didn't know it was him. Very cool. Phone Post
He was on the tv also I think. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 9:36 PM
Johnny D

Warriormmd -
MrAntichrist - I think he's just naturally a zany dude. Have you seen the Cartoon Network commercials he did? He's just really energetic and is comfortable being himself.
I'd say this is a fairy good assessment Phone Post 3.0
Very good assessment, Bas is one of the few that is the real deal outside the sport, meaning he's a seriously bad dude, tough as they come, the type of guy you want next to you when the shit hits the fan real life. When the dust settles he would be one of the last ones standing, he is very worthy to be included in any GOAT discussion, would love to see him just once with Rogan behind the mic, it would be epic. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 9:38 PM
ChaosOverkill
562 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KnowKontrol - He was on the mic sayin "decagon decagon decagon deca deca chuka chucka pahhh pahhh" then it sounded like he was beat boxing. Phone Post 3.0

His Stem Cell treatment side effects.

J/k I have no idea, unless the stem cells were from black rapper's fetus or something maybe? lol

10/27/13 9:59 PM
mestregruber
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's just Bas. Phone Post
10/27/13 10:04 PM
Belial

KnowKontrol - Just watched DVRed WSOF. It seems like he does not realize the mic is on sometimes. Phone Post 3.0
He knows the mic is on, he just doesn't care. Bas says whatever he wants, he is an amazing color guy. Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 10:30 PM
JIMMYNAKS
325 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Banga da danga da dang! Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 10:46 PM
hackett
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/27/13 10:47 PM

I like Bas, but he generally doesn't really add a lot of insight as a commentator, and not because he isn't capable (obviously).

It's just his style.

He likes to get goofy, like the Transformers thing, which probably sounds like gibberish to anyone who didn't grow up in the 1980's. Also, Three Amigos, Scarface, etc.

In terms of technique, he can bring the attention to himself instead of the action: "Oh yeah, that punch works, I knocked a guy out in a kickboxing match in Holland in 1990 with it." But, no real detail.

I'm not doubting him, mind you. Also, he can get away with it a lot of the time because he has a certain charm, unlike, say, Ricco Rodriguez.

He's fun as a commentator, but to me he's a lot more fun to listen to in an interview setting, where they just wind him up and let him rip. His Open Mat Radio interview was classic.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.