UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: I didn't want to piss off anybody

10/28/13 11:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

GSP has publicly stated that he would be submitting to a voluntary anti-doping program prior to his UFC 167 bout with Johny Hendricks. Originally Hendricks had agreed to the same program, but then withdrew and GSP aired his grievance not only with Hendricks, but also his employeer, the UFC with their unwilligness to work with the program. St-Pierre recently spoke again to the issue, giving his side to MMAJunkie.com:

"I didn't want to piss off anybody," St-Pierre said. "I didn't want to piss off the UFC or the athletic commission, I just wanted to do something good for the sport. I never wanted to make people angry.

"I thought everything was going to go well and Johny was going to come and we would do it together and it would be good and would be a new thing in the sport. It will make the sport go higher, so to speak."

Many wonder why St-Pierre would go out of his way for additional testing when he already has a lifestyle filled with distractions.

The extra burden is admittedly a nuisance for the 32-year-old, but ultimately, he's willing to make the sacrifice to benefit MMA as a whole, even if Hendricks isn't, he said.

"I'm the one who fights in the cage; of course I care about testing," St-Pierre said. "I want to have a fair fight. I don't want to fight a guy who's on steroids.

"I said I was going to do it, and I'm a man of my word, so I did it. Johny said he was going to do it, but he didn't do it. I don't accuse nobody [of cheating], but if you want to know why he didn't do it, you'll have to ask him."

read entire article...

10/28/13 11:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Family Jules
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So fucked up and hypocritical how UFC completely turned their backs on GSP. And don't even mention that paranoid conspiracy bullshit how GSP is sponsored by vada etc... Phone Post 3.0
10/28/13 11:45 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Family Jules - So fucked up and hypocritical how UFC completely turned their backs on GSP. And don't even mention that paranoid conspiracy bullshit how GSP is sponsored by vada etc... Phone Post 3.0
They're worried about it becoming the norm for champs to do this I guess. Don't want title fights getting scrapped. It was sad to see the clear lack of support though. GSP doesn't deserve to be vilified for this at all Phone Post
10/28/13 11:47 PM
Kerouac
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pretty sad that GSP has to apologize...for nothing.

10/28/13 11:54 PM
2JupitersTooMany
1751 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Post dark-place GSP.

The politely apologetic GSP, aka the Golly GSP, aka the contrite GSP, aka the reconciliation GSP era has begun. Phone Post 3.0
10/28/13 11:56 PM
MadmanGadman
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This whole situation is really sad. UFC should have supported this for GSP. Also it's crazy that no one is all over Hendricks for not sticking to his word. I can't help to think that if it was GSP who didn't do the testing everyone would be saying he's on steroids. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 12:02 AM
JStrongMMA

This is bullshit. GSP can't win regardless of what he does to appease fans and the media. And now Zuffa is giving their biggest draw a hard time because he wanted to dismiss the critics who make comments about his alleged steroid use all while trying to set an example and further legitimize the sport. Phone Post
10/29/13 12:11 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

I can understand why he wasn't cool with GSP being sponsored by them. Phone Post
10/29/13 12:11 AM
HarryPalms
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

only because the UFC recognize theres a good chance they will have a new champ after this fight and don't want to paint themselves into a corner by badmouthing him now.

Hedging their bets.
10/29/13 12:17 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the people saying Georges was sponsored by VADA - are you serious?

Sponsored would imply he's being paid by VADA to undergo its drug testing, which he's absolutely not.... All that's happening is that he is being recognized by the institution for participating in their anti-PED efforts, which is the exact same thing that would've happened to Johny if he decided to undergo the testing that he originally agreed to.

10/29/13 12:21 AM
Richard Tuck
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wasn't expecting this, I read the title and assumed he was talking about not pronouncing poutine "putzin".
10/29/13 12:21 AM
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you check the VADA homepage right now, you'll see Edwin Rodriguez, Nonito Donaire, and Ruslan Provodnikov plastered on the website. Are they all being sponsored by VADA as well? Are they all aligning themselves with VADA and accepting cash so that...what?  VADA can be better recognized as an anti-doping organization?

I'm not seeing the motive.

10/29/13 12:31 AM
Mexican Janitor
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't please everyone, Georges.

Keep on dominating. Fuck the haters Phone Post
10/29/13 12:35 AM
R1WARRIOR

I'm from Montreal and GSP is our hometown champ. As time goes George is loosing fans here, first because he became a boring points fighter. But also because many came to the conclusion that he's trying to clean his past with this VADA obsession. He's body and face changed in a weird way in the last 6-7 years. Some people say there's clear signs of HGH. I hope not because he's a real hero and a figure of motivation for the kids in Quebec, but i wouldn't be surprised. Anyway, how many fighters are on peds..... Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 12:37 AM
FlyingKnee44

GSP is a cheater that hasn't been caught that's it. He doesn't want to fight anyone juiced because he's the one juiced! VADA is in his back pocket has the money to pay the right people if so adamant about weaning out juicers why not go with the flow and have WADA do the test! Simple he didn't have the people payed off in that agency. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 12:38 AM
SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu

Better to be pissed off than pissed on.
10/29/13 12:39 AM
Team GDP
391 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was so happy when gsp said he wanted to do supplemental testing. the whole thing with JH made me sad. i would love to see random enhanced testing be implemented all over combat sports

10/29/13 12:40 AM
Kerouac

FlyingKnee44 - GSP is a cheater that hasn't been caught that's it. He doesn't want to fight anyone juiced because he's the one juiced! VADA is in his back pocket has the money to pay the right people if so adamant about weaning out juicers why not go with the flow and have WADA do the test! Simple he didn't have the people payed off in that agency. Phone Post 3.0

" LOW INFORMED VOTER! " -Dolfan
10/29/13 12:51 AM
Ronin_jutsuka
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FlyingKnee44 - GSP is a cheater that hasn't been caught that's it. He doesn't want to fight anyone juiced because he's the one juiced! VADA is in his back pocket has the money to pay the right people if so adamant about weaning out juicers why not go with the flow and have WADA do the test! Simple he didn't have the people payed off in that agency. Phone Post 3.0
I could be completely wrong here, but I don't think that WADA actually tests. I think they simply set the guidelines of how to test, what to test for, and how much of each substance is legal. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 12:54 AM
Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong

Hendricks wanted the tougher Olympic style (WADA)  tests and Georgie wanted the VADA tests.

10/29/13 12:59 AM
MarkRobinson
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong -

Hendricks wanted the tougher Olympic style (WADA)  tests and Georgie wanted the VADA tests.

You are misinformed. Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 1:00 AM
razrtyrone

Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong - 

Hendricks:
- Wants Olympic style (WADA)tests

- Doesn't know WADA is not an organization that tests people (if he'd bother to go to their website he'd know)

- Ends up doing no additional testing
10/29/13 1:02 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 10/29/13 1:09 AM

So many ignorant and uninformed tards, just happy to hate on anything GSP does

10/29/13 1:04 AM
ChaosOverkill

When athletes themselves aren't up to date on organizations, what they do and which ones test and which ones just certify places and which ones have special guidelines, that tells you all you need to know how much they really think or care about this stuff.

10/29/13 2:00 AM

Augustus Caesar_Stun Gun'd_My_Dong - 

Derp

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.