UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Machida camp doubtful Belfort will accept fight

10/30/13 11:47 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

After making his spectacular debut in the UFC's middleweight division this weekend, Lyoto Machida made it known immediately who he wanted next. However, Machida's camp doesn't believe Belfort will step up to the challenge:

According to Ariel Helwani, Machida's manager Jorge Guimaraes believes the match-up won't take place, simply because Belfort won't accept the fight.

Belfort has turned down fights in the past, with the most recent example being a proposed match-up against Tim Kennedy. It's largely the reason he's fighting Henderson at light heavyweight, as Belfort voiced hesitance about relinquishing his status as No. 1 middleweight contender, much to the displeasure of UFC President Dana White, who recently said that the Brazilian "drives me crazy."

read entire article... 

10/30/13 11:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Of course he'll agree, he'll get to fight in Brazil yet again. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 12:07 AM
ShanTheMan
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think if he avoids 185 for more than 1-2 fights he can't be a legit #1 contender for too long.
10/31/13 12:42 AM
da Vinci 81
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/31/13 12:43 AM
Well Belfort said he won't take any more fights at 185 unless it's for a title so who knows
10/31/13 1:07 AM
Subfighter90
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShanTheMan - I think if he avoids 185 for more than 1-2 fights he can't be a legit #1 contender for too long.
Not that I disagree with the champ getting an immediate rematch as far as I'm concerned its the ufcs fault always clogging up the div Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 1:54 AM
ShanTheMan
629 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subfighter90 - 
ShanTheMan - I think if he avoids 185 for more than 1-2 fights he can't be a legit #1 contender for too long.
Not that I disagree with the champ getting an immediate rematch as far as I'm concerned its the ufcs fault always clogging up the div Phone Post 3.0

I feel ya, but it's not like they were going to make Weidman defend the belt in brazil just because homeslice needs to fight there. With Anderson it would be a no brainer.
10/31/13 2:42 AM
Panda head
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully they can make that fight for a shot at who ever is the champ at that time. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 3:20 AM
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After Vitor's short loss, he KO'd Akiyama, finished Rumble, took on Jon Jones, KO's Michael Bisping(Bisping gets title shot if he wins) KO's next guy in line keeping #1 contendership status for a fourth straight fight, while Andy fights an underdog and clowns himself to defeat, get's immediate rematch.

Cain got KO'd in 1 minute, put it on Bigfoot for 75 seconds and got his rematch. Likewise, JDS loses, beats Mark Hunt, and get's his rematch.
Duh he doesn't want Machida. Machida doesn't have the belt.
IF Vitor get's past Dan, and doesn't get the title fight, it's the biggest snub in UFC history.
That's what could be talked about, not Machida's Blackhouse proxy war after one fight at 185.

Mousasi calls out Machida. Where's that response?

Should read: "Mousasi camp doubtful Machida will accept fight".

-10/10
10/31/13 3:33 AM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Machida vs Jacare? Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 3:53 AM
insomnia

sparkuri - After Vitor's short loss, he KO'd Akiyama, finished Rumble, took on Jon Jones, KO's Michael Bisping(Bisping gets title shot if he wins) KO's next guy in line keeping #1 contendership status for a fourth straight fight, while Andy fights an underdog and clowns himself to defeat, get's immediate rematch.

Cain got KO'd in 1 minute, put it on Bigfoot for 75 seconds and got his rematch. Likewise, JDS loses, beats Mark Hunt, and get's his rematch.
IF Vitor get's past Dan, and doesn't get the title fight, it's the biggest snub in UFC history.
That's what could be talked about, not Machida's Blackhouse proxy war after one fight at 185.

-10/10

Mousasi hasn't earned Machida
10/31/13 5:18 AM
MMALOGIC

if belfort beats Hendo he's going to want his title shot.

10/31/13 5:25 AM
5pointer

How about Machida camp and everyone else let Vitor focus on Hendo
10/31/13 7:20 AM
Arecsa
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri - After Vitor's short loss, he KO'd Akiyama, finished Rumble, took on Jon Jones, KO's Michael Bisping(Bisping gets title shot if he wins) KO's next guy in line keeping #1 contendership status for a fourth straight fight, while Andy fights an underdog and clowns himself to defeat, get's immediate rematch.

-10/10

Vitor gets a title shot once he is able to fight somewhere other than Brazil.
10/31/13 8:14 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 10/31/13 8:14 AM

TTT
10/31/13 8:16 AM
Lazer MMA

-10/10

LMFAO

Each fighter is doing what exactly WTF they should be doing and what anyone with a half a brain should expect them to do too FFS!

Trying to fight as high a rated fighter as possible in their next fight.

Posters can't see that clear as day?

Belfort wants a title fight
Sonnen wants Belfort
Machida wants Belfort
Mousasi wants Machida

This is worth the effort of the post above? Or the thread even? Well I guess who gets the most attention may get their way, that's who gets fights today so maybe it is! LOL

BTW frankly Sonnen is not talking about Machida at all is he? That was only when they both wanted to fight in different divisions that he called Machida a joke correct?!!
10/31/13 1:04 PM
sniper1026

Dana, Make it SO!!!!
10/31/13 4:43 PM
Dogman
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

super nintendo - 
insomnia -

-10/10

Mousasi hasn't earned Machida
Machida hasn't earned Vitor then. Phone Post 3.0

Wrong if you look at Machida's career he most certainly has earned the right....Who is this moose you talk about and what has he done in MMA?
10/31/13 4:51 PM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Muscles82 - I guess Machida (rightfully) disagrees w his boy Silva's opinion that Brazilians shouldn't fight each other. Phone Post 3.0

The other day I saw an article that quoted Machida as saying he would fight Anderson if it meant fighting for the title. So indeed, he does not share the same opinion about fighting other Brazilians. Still Silva fought Belfort and Maia so its not like hes that firm on the opinion.
10/31/13 5:37 PM
Another Foob
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't matter. I think Vitor is the toughest fight for Machida in the division. If Vitor doesn't want it, it probably yields an easier path to the title for Machida.
10/31/13 6:43 PM
sparkuri

Lazer MMA - 

-10/10

LMFAO

Each fighter is doing what exactly WTF they should be doing and what anyone with a half a brain should expect them to do too FFS!

Sonnen wants Belfort
Machida wants Belfort
Mousasi wants Machida

This is worth the effort of the post above? Or the thread even? Well I guess who gets the most attention may get their way, that's who gets fights today so maybe it is! LOL

BTW frankly Sonnen is not talking about Machida at all is he? That was only when they both wanted to fight in different divisions that he called Machida a joke correct?!!

And each poster is doing what they're supposed to be doing to participate in a forum.
Giving their opinion.

It took you as much effort to write your post as it did me mine.
None.
Each fighter is doing as you say. My contention is that mma has turned into a joke that way.
Fighters shouldn't have to WWE their way into a fight, no?

Regarding a previous post on what Mousasi has done in mma, well, that's just ridiculous.
34-3 is what he's done.
The stats should read 36-2 if scoring was done properly, but that's another issue.
His last clear defeat was 7 years ago, and he'd be able to do more if the UFC would pull it's head out of it's collective ass and have these guys get injured in the cage instead of in training FFS ;-)

I recall Royce fighting 11 times a year. We don't even see that in 4 years anymore.

#progress?

10/31/13 6:51 PM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 10/31/13 6:51 PM

TTT
10/31/13 6:52 PM
Lazer MMA

sparkuri - 
Lazer MMA - 

-10/10

LMFAO

Sonnen wants Belfort
Machida wants Belfort
Mousasi wants Machida

And each poster is doing what they're supposed to be doing to participate in a forum.
Giving their opinion.

It took you as much effort to write your post as it did me mine.
None.
Each fighter is doing as you say. My contention is that mma has turned into a joke that way.
Fighters shouldn't have to WWE their way into a fight, no?

Regarding a previous post on what Mousasi has done in mma, well, that's just ridiculous.
34-3 is what he's done.
The stats should read 36-2 if scoring was done properly, but that's another issue.
His last clear defeat was 7 years ago, and he'd be able to do more if the UFC would pull it's head out of it's collective ass and have these guys get injured in the cage instead of in training FFS ;-)

I recall Royce fighting 11 times a year. We don't even see that in 4 years anymore.

#progress?

As far as that goes you have a 10/10 (Fighters shouldn't have to WWE their way into a fight)

I mean it was clown shoe fight night when Sonnen fought JBJ FFS. I even disagree with the lesser evils as would be the case here but it is what it is and it's far from progress. All we can do is watch LOL.

I never commented on Mousasi's record BTW
10/31/13 9:38 PM
Rantuckjr
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 

-10/10

LMFAO

Sonnen wants Belfort
Machida wants Belfort
Mousasi wants Machida

Actually, Sonnen moved up to Machida's weight and what did Machida do? He ran.
10/31/13 10:09 PM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr -
Lazer MMA - 

-10/10

LMFAO

Sonnen wants Belfort
Machida wants Belfort
Mousasi wants Machida

Actually, Sonnen moved up to Machida's weight and what did Machida do? He ran.
Lol @ Machida running from anybody. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.