UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cody Bollinger signs a 6 figure contract with WSOF

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/31/13 2:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
4356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

https://twitter.com/codybollinger/status/395740661120368640

10/31/13 2:31 AM
caseharts
680 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Wasn't he on tuf? Phone Post
10/31/13 2:41 AM
The Acorn
182 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him, hopefully he can make weight and eventually comeback to the ufc. He's got some solid talent.
10/31/13 2:41 AM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good for him. He looked impressive in his first TUF fight. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 2:48 AM
JimmersonzGlove
645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6 figures over how many fights?

10/31/13 2:50 AM
Yun
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100k for 24 fights??

10/31/13 2:53 AM
ChaosOverkill
839 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yun - 

100k for 24 fights??

yeah I'm thinking somewhere close to this

10/31/13 3:02 AM
Hong Kong Phooey
1322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

been in the game a long time

10/31/13 3:03 AM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hong Kong Phooey -

been in the game a long time

... Phone Post
10/31/13 3:05 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
548 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not bad, wonder how it compares to the TUF contract. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 3:36 AM
nostripewhite

Will this be in the Cody weight division? Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 4:13 AM
Vulva Fabulous
1146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This might sound harsh, but I don't feel bad for him. He's a good fighter and in my opinion he was the best male fighter in the house...or at least 1 of the fighters that would be in the discussion.

Now just because I don't feel sorry for him, it doesn't mean I hate him or lost all respect. Here's the way I saw everything play out.

In my opinion, it seemed that missing his family as much as he did got him legitimately depressed. Not sad or homesick, but clinically depressed. Being depressed like that only to coming it with the physical and mental stress that a tough weight cut carries, topped with the added pressure of being a number 1 pick in a tournament that if he won could've changed him and his family's life....I can see why he ended up quitting like he did.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not giving him a free pass or saying that him giving up when he was only 5lbs away from his goal was justified, I'm saying that when you step back and look at the whole story, I can understand it.

When you factor in everything I listed, he was only 1 small issue away from having a breakdown, and after spending all that time in the sauna and seeing no weight loss....it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. All that emotional baggage he was carrying when he stepped on the scale and saw no change probably fucked him up so bad that it hit him 1000x harder than it normally would. That's why I can understand him quitting like he did. Where he was mentally at that particular time, you really have to throw rational thinking out of the window because all those emotions and stressed clouded his mind. Phone Post
10/31/13 4:13 AM
WizeKraker

10/31/13 4:22 AM
jmont

Vulva Fabulous - This might sound harsh, but I don't feel bad for him. He's a good fighter and in my opinion he was the best male fighter in the house...or at least 1 of the fighters that would be in the discussion.

Now just because I don't feel sorry for him, it doesn't mean I hate him or lost all respect. Here's the way I saw everything play out.

In my opinion, it seemed that missing his family as much as he did got him legitimately depressed. Not sad or homesick, but clinically depressed. Being depressed like that only to coming it with the physical and mental stress that a tough weight cut carries, topped with the added pressure of being a number 1 pick in a tournament that if he won could've changed him and his family's life....I can see why he ended up quitting like he did.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not giving him a free pass or saying that him giving up when he was only 5lbs away from his goal was justified, I'm saying that when you step back and look at the whole story, I can understand it.

When you factor in everything I listed, he was only 1 small issue away from having a breakdown, and after spending all that time in the sauna and seeing no weight loss....it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. All that emotional baggage he was carrying when he stepped on the scale and saw no change probably fucked him up so bad that it hit him 1000x harder than it normally would. That's why I can understand him quitting like he did. Where he was mentally at that particular time, you really have to throw rational thinking out of the window because all those emotions and stressed clouded his mind. Phone Post
cool starry bra Phone Post
10/31/13 4:28 AM
Vulva Fabulous
1146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Not bad, wonder how it compares to the TUF contract. Phone Post 3.0
As for him getting a 6 figure deal with the WSOF....Ib totally believe that. However, they are figuring in the 2 digits to the right of the decimal point in order to get to 6 figures.

*For those that don't understand what I mean when I said he ends up getting 6 figures because they're factoring in the 2 digits to the right of the decimal point, I'm talking about the change.

** For those of you still having a difficult time understanding the joke and REALLY don't get it, when I said the 2 spots to the right of the decimal is the change......the change I speak of is the money left over that doesn't add up to a full dollar. It's the pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.

***For those of you still confused, let me really simplify this for you and break it down this way......

Potato.

I hope that helps. Phone Post
10/31/13 4:30 AM
brahmabull81
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva, youre probably right. Im also one of those types. Every time I have everything going perfectly and a giant opportunity opens up for me that could drastically improve my life, I seem to have a way of destroying everything, as if im scared/allergic to success. :( I hate myself. lol
10/31/13 5:08 AM
pegson123

I think tuf contracts starts at 8 and 8. I don't see where they are different to any other contract Phone Post
10/31/13 5:11 AM
CompanyBlue

I know a relative unknown who was offered 7 and 7 for a main card fight by wsof... I know people are joking about Cody's 6 figure deal but there is no way he's getting just 5k to show and 5 more to win for a world series debut.
10/31/13 5:25 AM
pegson123

The bloke who fought nick Newell got pad 2 and 2. Phone Post
10/31/13 8:30 AM
GRYAN
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous - 
GayGuardMooseSaucy - Not bad, wonder how it compares to the TUF contract. Phone Post 3.0
As for him getting a 6 figure deal with the WSOF....Ib totally believe that. However, they are figuring in the 2 digits to the right of the decimal point in order to get to 6 figures.

*For those that don't understand what I mean when I said he ends up getting 6 figures because they're factoring in the 2 digits to the right of the decimal point, I'm talking about the change.

** For those of you still having a difficult time understanding the joke and REALLY don't get it, when I said the 2 spots to the right of the decimal is the change......the change I speak of is the money left over that doesn't add up to a full dollar. It's the pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.

***For those of you still confused, let me really simplify this for you and break it down this way......

Potato.

I hope that helps. Phone Post

he'll still be a thousandaire !

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.