UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Marina Shafir hits Uriah Hall in the liver

10/31/13 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wish someone could change up this video and have a "Falcon-Punch!" sfx added when she throws that punch. She looks like she hits very very hard. I've seen her in person and her legs are super muscular. Probably where her power is generated from.
10/31/13 11:53 AM
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGHO2tzpXfg

10/31/13 12:13 PM
Vaginal Tear
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UG has run out of thing to talk about if this is thread worthy. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 12:25 PM
likatiga
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear - UG has run out of thing to talk about if this is thread worthy. Phone Post 3.0

It actually shows an interesting dynamic that people who train regularly would have had experience with.

Being taught or shown something that's fundamentally different from what you've been taught in the past. If you've just started working with somebody and they're showing you something different, how do you react? Stick with what you know (which is what Marina was trying to do) or give the new thing a shot (which is what Uriah was asking her to do).

I found it cool to watch.
10/31/13 1:55 PM
tikmovado
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - 
Vaginal Tear - UG has run out of thing to talk about if this is thread worthy. Phone Post 3.0

It actually shows an interesting dynamic that people who train regularly would have had experience with.

Being taught or shown something that's fundamentally different from what you've been taught in the past. If you've just started working with somebody and they're showing you something different, how do you react? Stick with what you know (which is what Marina was trying to do) or give the new thing a shot (which is what Uriah was asking her to do).

I am sure you would also like to watch the guys take the cage down and then watch their interview on fights.

Some of you fans are dumb.
10/31/13 2:02 PM
subwrassler
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
wtf?

that shit was funny as hell with no sound!
10/31/13 2:22 PM
Poet of Gore
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh man, count chocula is gonna be pissed off at marina cheating on him

10/31/13 2:37 PM
likatiga

tikmovado -
likatiga - 

I am sure you would also like to watch the guys take the cage down and then watch their interview on fights.

Some of you fans are dumb.
I didn't watch it as a fan, I watched it as somebody who has studied and practiced martial arts all over the world for two decades. I found the exchange very interesting.

Now quiet down angry little man. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 2:40 PM
SBogar
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She fighting at 45 or 35? Her hands looks pretty damn good!
10/31/13 3:01 PM
subwrassler
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfortunately..
10/31/13 3:18 PM
Powerful DJH
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomas Andersson - So she fails to lean back 4 times in a row and rewards Uriah with a livershot for trying to teach it to her?

makes sense
Yea she def wasn't getting the idea of the lean back he was showing. She was doing it to fast. Your supposed to simulate slipping the counter then firing back. She told him "that's what I was taught". I know they're friends but most instructors aren't gonna allow a debate while they're showing you something. If someone holds pads for me its a compromise and I try yo give them what there looking for..I don't slip and punch them in the body when I feel like it... Phone Post
10/31/13 3:19 PM
subwrassler

y she do that?

lol

everybody fuckin with Uriah
10/31/13 3:20 PM
subwrassler

y she do that?

lol

he'll get pissed/mean sooner or later
10/31/13 3:32 PM
Vaginal Tear

subwrassler - y she do that?

lol

he'll get pissed/mean sooner or later
She went further than mayhem in my opinion. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 4:20 PM
Virginio
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about the technique? Straight pull or shoulder roll?

Let's hear what you guys think is the more intelligent and efficient movement. If you have striking experience (especially boxing, since that's what they're working) please mention it. And please provide a reason for your opinion. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 4:44 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if Uriah is smashing that. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 4:47 PM
Vaginal Tear

GayGuardMooseSaucy - I wonder if Uriah is smashing that. Phone Post 3.0
Not enough unibrow for the likes of a member of the Honda posse Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 4:51 PM
Chromium
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, this is the woman who actually manages to be a bad influence on Ronda Rousey?

She really needs to make her pro-debut and go fight in Invicta already.

10/31/13 5:01 PM
Kyle Cooley
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leaning back like he was showing her is more common in Muay Thai, so you don't bob and weave your head right into a kick.
10/31/13 5:14 PM
likatiga

Kyle Cooley - Leaning back like he was showing her is more common in Muay Thai, so you don't bob and weave your head right into a kick.
Yep.

Fact is, he was showing her something different to "what she's been taught".

If you only have one method of avoiding a counter, you become predictable and easy to hit. Even worse, you are susceptible to being set up. Something an experienced striker will relish.

She should be much more open to learning new things. MMA at the highest level, any sport for that matter, is a game of millimeters, subtleties and most importantly variation. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 5:20 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
695 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
10/31/13 5:22 PM
BigEyedFish
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
10/31/13 5:49 PM
Kostakio
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall is in the media a lot lately. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 5:52 PM
MrAntichrist
124 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not sure I would have kept holding pads for her after that.

Side note, how the fuck do they train with that obnoxious bullshit blaring over the speakers? Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 6:51 PM
BravoPUA
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomas Andersson - So she fails to lean back 4 times in a row and rewards Uriah with a livershot for trying to teach it to her?

makes sense

hate dumb fucks who train like that

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.