UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Belfort would stop TRT for a title shot if necessa

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

10/31/13 10:40 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Vitor Belfort has been the most talked about athlete surronding the TRT controversey. At 35 years old he has looked phenomonal in his latest outings, although he has been on TRT for three years. Should it be necessary for him to stop TRT for a world title fight, he would, but Belfort doesn't think it's necessary:

Belfort wants to fight the winner or Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva, who meet at UFC 168, and he would accept to stop using TRT if that’s one of the conditions on him earning the shot at the gold.

"I’ve already said that, if they agree with it, I would (stop doing TRT)," he said. "No problem at all. If they want me to get there in a disadvantage, that’s ok.

"But they already told me that’s not the problem," he continued. "UFC told me ‘you can’t get in there in disadvantage.’ The thing is, I’m in normal testosterone levels with TRT. That’s the treatment. People don’t seem to understand that I’m the only guy that does blood tests. Many fighters don’t do this, many use illegal stuff and are not tested like I am. I’m tested all the time. Week after week, month after month. I have to keep the levels normal to make it fair."

read entire article... 

10/31/13 10:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vikingknee
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he's really being tested like he claims there is nothing wrong with it. Every fighter should get their total test levels checked. If it's normal then good to go. Doesn't matter if natural or trt. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 10:55 PM
ShanTheMan
1240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Normal for a wild lion
11/1/13 4:59 AM
Teddy KGB
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont buy this crap that his levels are normal, Hes a total beast now that hes on TRT, plus he only fights in Brazil???

Total BS if you ask me.
11/1/13 5:10 AM
Devlin
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesnt that mean he's admitting he doesnt really need it? i mean if he really needed it he wouldnt be able to train hard without it.
11/1/13 5:10 AM
Devlin
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesnt that mean he's admitting he doesnt really need it? i mean if he really needed it he wouldnt be able to train hard without it.
11/1/13 5:11 AM
SuPeRkEwL ELECTRIC bleu

Trtitor at it again. If his TRT was legit, he would have fought in the states by now. The Nevada and Cali commissions aren't down with Vitor's TRT as he got popped in the past for roiding. His wins over Bisping and Rockhold are BS IMO. He could be TRT'd to the gills and no one would give a fuck down in brazil. Fucking bullshit.
11/1/13 5:12 AM
Team GDP
489 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devlin - Doesnt that mean he's admitting he doesnt really need it? i mean if he really needed it he wouldnt be able to train hard without it.

i had the exact same thought. like when hendo went off trt or marquardt. if you are on trt it's supposed to be for life

11/1/13 5:39 AM
Teddy KGB
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing that pisses me off about the Bisping fight is Bisping is 34 and Belfort is 36. Total bullshit that Vitor is allowed to get his levels up to that of a 20 year old while Bisping is 34 and his lvls were no doubt way lower than the older Vitor.
11/1/13 5:41 AM
glassjawed
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But would he stay off it to defend the title? Or would middleweight become the Brazilian Fighting Championship? Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 5:48 AM
Gilbosh
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm confused, I thought he took TRT for medical condition and if he didn't it would affect his health.

But it seems he's taking it for an advantage not for medical reasons.

I'm sorry, but Fuck that shit, yes he's a beast but I can't support him now, I respect him as a fighter but I will never route for him to win. If he's ok health wise without TRT he SHOULD NOT be on TRT.

If this is the case from what I read, having Belfort as the face and champion of UFC would be one the worse things to happen to the UFC.

Shit, I used to defend him because I thought he genuinely had a medical condition. Phone Post
11/1/13 5:49 AM
Y2JB

He's a drug cheat and his definition of 'normal' testosterone level is at least 6x that of an actual 'normal' person.

The guys who compete and yet go into the back room after training & inject testosterone into their ass are cheats, I don't care what their doctor says. It's pretty simple when you think about it in those terms.
11/1/13 5:59 AM
Dead President
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's Brazilian - if he gets off TRT and fights, he's fighting at a DISADVANTAGE - he's got his EXCUSE locked and loaded. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 6:02 AM
BeatonHauff
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teddy KGB - I dont buy this crap that his levels are normal, Hes a total beast now that hes on TRT, plus he only fights in Brazil???

Total BS if you ask me.
Good thing nobody asked you shit. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 7:58 AM
mancabbage
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

look at him ffs, who is he kidding? Someone post the pic of him above bisping or the recent one with hasad.
11/1/13 9:24 AM
Teddy KGB

BeatonHauff - 
Teddy KGB - I dont buy this crap that his levels are normal, Hes a total beast now that hes on TRT, plus he only fights in Brazil???

Total BS if you ask me.
Good thing nobody asked you shit. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry what was that you said I couldnt hear you with Vitor's Tiny TRT balls are in your mounth.
11/1/13 9:34 AM
Card
2838 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/1/13 9:51 AM
MTH
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even taking him at his word, the problem is that "normal levels" of testosterone is a huge swing. 

I expect he's got blood tests that show he's in the 99th percentile of all human males for testosterone levels.  Pre-TRT, he was probably tested in the 20th percentile.  And before getting his levels tested at all, nobody knows what he was obviously. 

So where does that leave you?  Does that mean it's "fair" for him to supplement into the upper echelons of human males?  I don't think so. 

11/1/13 10:04 AM
DragonWrath
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/13 10:05 AM
Disagree. It is still an advantage even if his dosage puts him within normal ranges. Because his testosterone is coming from an external source, his hormone level is constant & unwaivering, making his training easier.

If a natural fighter is getting stressed out, gets a bad night of sleep, is on a strict diet to cut weight, etc, their body's testosterone levels can & do drop, affecting their mood & energy levels.

Natural fighters have to just tough out these flucations & do the best they can to keep training, which Vitor doesn't have to deal with them at all.
11/1/13 10:04 AM
MTH
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/13 10:07 AM
Pitbull3744 - 

If he was using trt the right way and his levels came out to be around 300-500 every 3 months then he is doing ti the right way and will have no advantage over other fighters, but if he is around 700 and up then its not fair at all.  

That's the theory, yes.

But he doesn't give numbers, just that his levels are "normal."  The charts that I've seen put about 80% of the population between 300-500, but there are 10% or so on either side that have extreme values. 

Based on Vitor's physical appearance and dramatic uptick in performance, I think it's reasonably likely his definition of "normal" includes the entire spectrum and that so long as he's in the realm of POSSIBLE human levels and the UFC will accept that, he's going to say that's "normal."

And I think that's what a lot of the TRT guys in the UFC are doing.

The reality is that nothing stops these guys from releasing a portion of their medical records.  Vitor could hand Ben Fowlkes redacted printouts of a few of his tests showing that he's routinely between 300 and 500.  Most doctors, even if they themselves are opposed to TRT and/or don't have Vitor's pre-TRT tests to judge whether they think he's truly a candidate, they would at least agree that 300 to 500 is reasonably "normal."

And yet Vitor doesn't do that.  None of the TRT guys do. 

I think that's because they're all at levels that most doctors would opine in THEORY are "normal" in the sense that they're humanly possible, but that the levels are in all likelihood much higher than the athletes ever had naturally. 

In other words, these guys aren't supplementing to where they were prior to developing "hypogonadism," but, rather, are supplementing to were they wish they could be. 

11/1/13 10:29 AM
hendofanforlife
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - 
Vikingknee - If he's really being tested like he claims there is nothing wrong with it. Every fighter should get their total test levels checked. If it's normal then good to go. Doesn't matter if natural or trt. Phone Post 3.0

Well let me clear this up for you.  He is very much lying.  When you are on TRT which i am you get blood work down every 3 months.  Getting it done every week is bullshit every month is bullshit because your levels dont change that quickly.  So if he really does that then that means he is being even more fucking sneaky because then you can play with your shot right before your blood test.  .  

Not sure if serious....
11/1/13 10:30 AM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

Im sure a lot of you still dont understand that testosterone depletion is a serious medical issue for a man, even more so if you have been a professional fighter since a teenager, and have a lowered natural level of testosterone due to being an athlete in a sport where you get punched in the face a lot. 

If anything Vitor would use the minimal levels of TRT to not feel lethargic all the time, or to have sex with his beautiful wife without going limp, to keep the stress away from kidneys and to keep congitive function norm.

No way he is taking more than 7mgs a week, he would be a fucking mountain if he was taking it for an advantage.

Belfort has to take TRT all the time, not just for fights, you idiots make it sound like he is cycling like a maniac before fights, when in a reality he is taking a minimal dosage and is tested more regularly to make sure his levels are normal. 

What more do you mouthbreathers want the guy to do? Retire him right now and be done with it because the risk of his long term health would be too great with out normal test levels?

11/1/13 10:42 AM
Vikingknee

Never fails where someone says "6x the amount of a normal person". Full fucking retard.

And there is no way 300-500 is the norm for high level athletes. Our national obesity is surely screwing that range. I test between 800-890 and have used testosterone for a few years cycling properly. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 10:54 AM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

Pitbull3744 - 

7mgs a week wtf where the hell did you get that number lolol.  TRT doses are 100mgs a week or 200 if you get a crazy doctor lol.  

there was a thread a while back where dolce was talking about it, and he said athletes do not get the same dosage as normal people. A lot of normal people do take advantage of testosterone and take more than the body needs, athletes cannot do this because of restrictions that are placed on their levels.

you are talking from your own shitty experience, you think its exactly the same for Belfort? Get over yourself.

11/1/13 11:10 AM
8flat
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This might be lip service, he's gotta be worried about looking like Overeem in the cage if he's off the juice...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.