UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fight for the Forgotten begins

11/1/13 12:53 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Justin Wren left for the Congo on Tuesday. and will spend the next year trying to free 1,000 Mbuti Pygmy slaves at great physical peril. His Fight for the Forgotten project aims to barter their freedom, move them onto already-purchased land, and teach them self-sustainable skills.

Wren's story is being being chronicled by SI MMA writer and New York Times bestselling author Loretta Hunt. Howard Books, the Christian imprint of Simon & Schuster, has bought the book, which will be titled Fight for the Forgotten.

Wren just arrived in Uganda (via Bagdad and Qatar) and was able to post on Facebook:
•Made it safe! In Uganda shopping for enough PVC & Steel pipe to drill 8 water wells! That is 50, 20 foot long pipes! #FightForTheForgotten
•Excited to have made two great new friends in a short two days in Uganda. They are helping me over and above in acquiring everything I need for Congo. I love this continent! With Thomas Cox from Water4 & Ugandan music/TV star Maurice Kirya. If this reaches anyone in Uganda, come out to the grand opening of The Sound Cup Coffeehouse in Garden City.

Justin plans to leave Uganda after the weekend and drive into the Congo rainforest to begin implementing the plan.

For more information, please check out fightfortheforgotten.com/

DONATION LINK

11/1/13 1:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2920 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gd luck bud... Hope you have a great time and make a tremendous difference in the lives of Millions!!

#Stud Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 1:07 PM
Letibleu
1697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:)

11/1/13 1:18 PM
NFABeeJay
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's so awesome!!

Great job Justin! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 1:39 PM
Oppsicrappedmypants
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very cool. Is there a donation page? Phone Post
11/1/13 1:45 PM
torquemada
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's amazing on so many levels. Phone Post
11/1/13 1:52 PM
staygreenponyboy
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/1/13 1:55 PM
pennviachoke
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin is the man! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 2:09 PM
TX_432
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin your a beautiful human being. No homo. Well kinda. Phone Post
11/1/13 2:10 PM
Humboldt
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pennviachoke - Justin is the man! Phone Post 3.0
Came to post this. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 2:22 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best of luck Justin. Phone Post
11/1/13 2:23 PM
The Black Cheez
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Much respect Mr. Wren. Good luck. Phone Post
11/1/13 2:39 PM
The_KoJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Take luck! Phone Post
11/1/13 3:05 PM
newbie2013
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck viking!! Phone Post
11/1/13 3:48 PM
CHiLLEN
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well done man, all the best! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 3:54 PM
SJax
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oppsicrappedmypants -  Very cool. Is there a donation page? Phone Post

There is a donation link at the bottom of the story or

http://www.fightfortheforgotten.com/blog/current-donation-link
11/1/13 3:57 PM
jasonhightower
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quite possibly one of the most admirable acts I've ever seen. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 4:11 PM
Lil 303

It's very impressive to see somebody who talks the talk AND walks the walk. Too often do we hear about people we should be helping or things we should be doing. Justin doesn't just talk about it but actually does something. Much respect you're a good man. (Also my comment isn't meant as an insult to others, it is simply a compliment to Justin) Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 4:16 PM
DonFreedomFrye
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin, can you please expand on the the role of you trying to convert these enslaved people to Christianity?

I know that you've partnered up with a Christian Bible college there and a Christian missionary group for this trip.

From your website, it states (http://www.justinthevikingwren.com/):

"His mission is to share Jesus' love with a semi-nomadic group in Congo, the Mbuti Pygmies where only 1% have heard of Jesus."
11/1/13 4:25 PM
GregNoActionJackson
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin is an awesome guy and a class act. I fully support you and your cause. The world needs more men like you.
11/1/13 4:27 PM
CrocopPleaseRetire
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome guy, will donate as soon as I get to a computer. Best of luck on this. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 4:50 PM
FlyingKnee44

Got to train with him right before he went on TUF. He was a completely different person the next time I seen him 3 years later! He is awesome going out of his way to help people in need! True inspiration! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 4:58 PM
justinthevikingwren
1347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Gd luck bud... Hope you have a great time and make a tremendous difference in the lives of Millions!!

#Stud Phone Post 3.0
I could only hope to affect the lives of millions... Right now I'm focused on changing the lives of my family, the Pygmies (and maybe thinking about changing my name to my Pygmy name, Efèosa, ha).

The way to impact many (instead of impress the masses) is the probably more simple than most think... One life at a time. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 4:58 PM
justinthevikingwren
1347 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GregNoActionJackson - Justin is an awesome guy and a class act. I fully support you and your cause. The world needs more men like you.
Thanks for all the support everyone! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 4:59 PM
justinthevikingwren

Lil 303 - It's very impressive to see somebody who talks the talk AND walks the walk. Too often do we hear about people we should be helping or things we should be doing. Justin doesn't just talk about it but actually does something. Much respect you're a good man. (Also my comment isn't meant as an insult to others, it is simply a compliment to Justin) Phone Post 3.0
Slavery is more rampant and more prevalent than ever.

An estimated 27 million slaves today! More than ever Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.