UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fight for the Forgotten begins

11/1/13 5:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
justinthevikingwren
1186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DonFreedomFrye - Justin, can you please expand on the the role of you trying to convert these enslaved people to Christianity?

I know that you've partnered up with a Christian Bible college there and a Christian missionary group for this trip.

From your website, it states (http://www.justinthevikingwren.com/):

"His mission is to share Jesus' love with a semi-nomadic group in Congo, the Mbuti Pygmies where only 1% have heard of Jesus."
In Uganda... Poor Internet... I can respond more maybe later Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 5:09 PM
LucasBTiger
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a guy. God bless you, JW. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 5:15 PM
DonFreedomFrye
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren - 
DonFreedomFrye - Justin, can you please expand on the the role of you trying to convert these enslaved people to Christianity?

I know that you've partnered up with a Christian Bible college there and a Christian missionary group for this trip.

"His mission is to share Jesus' love with a semi-nomadic group in Congo, the Mbuti Pygmies where only 1% have heard of Jesus."

The internet allowed you to respond on this thread and another one.

I have asked this question on a few of your threads with absolutely no response.

Either way, thanks for taking the time and I hope to hear your response.
11/1/13 5:48 PM
Kirik
1783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
DonFreedomFrye - 
justinthevikingwren - 

I have asked this question on a few of your threads with absolutely no response.

Why do you necessarily equate share love with converting? The guy is in the middle of Central Africa at great cost and risk, saving lives, and you are badgering him on the UG? Is there literally no shame any more?

11/1/13 5:51 PM
Qannebiss
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/13 5:56 PM

Justin is a good man.  I'm not crazy about  the missionary part, but the man's doing enough good to offset any proselytizing that may be going on.  All my best to you, sir.

11/1/13 5:52 PM
Let me bang bro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

get this done son
11/1/13 6:03 PM
Ridgeback
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Qannebiss - 

Justin is a good man.  I'm not crazy about  the missionary part, but the man's doing enough good to offset any proselytizing that may be going on.  All my best to you, sir.

How is your secular work in the Congo teaching them western consumerism, individualism and militarism going?  

11/1/13 6:20 PM
DonFreedomFrye

Kirik - 
DonFreedomFrye - 
justinthevikingwren - 

Why do you necessarily equate share love with converting? The guy is in the middle of Central Africa at great cost and risk, saving lives, and you are badgering him on the UG? Is there literally no shame any more?

Badgering him? Seriously, Kirik?

I think it's an extremely valid question considering the historical implications of going to remote parts of the world to spread religion to the helpless. I'm definitely not criticizing him in any way.

From my understanding (Justin can better explain), a central part of his mission is in relation to converting people to Christianity yet he never brings it up on here and won't answer questions regarding it.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about what he's doing but I believe people who are using their hard-earned money to support his cause should be aware of that side of his mission if it's true, should they not?
11/1/13 6:26 PM
Mmanizzle

there's tons of people that get famous off of what ever they did and did nothing for the world. Justin used his notoriety from fighting professionally to go free slaves in Africa. Nothing but respect.

-mmanizzle
11/1/13 6:33 PM
Mmanizzle

DonFreedomFrye - 
Kirik - 
DonFreedomFrye - 
justinthevikingwren - 

Badgering him? Seriously, Kirik?

I think it's an extremely valid question considering the historical implications of going to remote parts of the world to spread religion to the helpless. I'm definitely not criticizing him in any way.

From my understanding (Justin can better explain), a central part of his mission is in relation to converting people to Christianity yet he never brings it up on here and won't answer questions regarding it.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about what he's doing but I believe people who are using their hard-earned money to support his cause should be aware of that side of his mission if it's true, should they not?

DFF,

I don't know Justin but I think your question to him requires more than just a few sentences and a brief reply. The brother wrote back to you and said more later and you have no patience. Ease up dog. Who are you to demand such an in depth response from him while he's in the middle of the bush?

-mmanizzle
11/1/13 6:40 PM
DonFreedomFrye

I'm not demanding anything. I would just like an answer to a question I've asked on multiple occasions but I completely understand if he's too busy to give one.

Am I not allowed to ask questions on here?
11/1/13 6:41 PM
Chromium
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@Justin Wren: don't forget some thread seal tape (aka Teflon tape, aka plumber's tape). People always forget that stuff.

Anyway, you're doing great things man, makes me proud you were an MMA fighter.

11/1/13 6:44 PM
Qannebiss
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ridgeback -
Qannebiss - 

How is your secular work in the Congo teaching them western consumerism, individualism and militarism going?  

Wild and baseless assumptions, much? Phone Post
11/1/13 7:04 PM
youarewhatiswrong
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DonFreedomFrye - 
justinthevikingwren - 

The man traveled across the globe to a hostile war torn continent in order to help people to whom he owes nothing to free themselves, feed themselves and educate themselves. Why would it bother you if he wants to share with any of them who will listen the faith that, in his eyes, has instilled in him the strength and benevolence to perform these acts?
11/1/13 7:13 PM
DonFreedomFrye

It doesn't bother me whatsoever. I just believe that people who are giving him money should be aware of it. I know someone on this board who was trying to raise money for Justin's cause but when he found out about his missionary work, he didn't feel comfortable contributing.

It seems safe to say that Justin is doing good work either way.

11/1/13 7:30 PM
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

justinthevikingwren -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Gd luck bud... Hope you have a great time and make a tremendous difference in the lives of Millions!!

#Stud Phone Post 3.0
I could only hope to affect the lives of millions... Right now I'm focused on changing the lives of my family, the Pygmies (and maybe thinking about changing my name to my Pygmy name, Efèosa, ha).

The way to impact many (instead of impress the masses) is the probably more simple than most think... One life at a time. Phone Post 3.0
I have no doubt by the time your journey on this Earth is over that you will have directly or indirectly helped millions n millions of People! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 7:52 PM
Ridgeback

Qannebiss - 
Ridgeback -
Qannebiss - 

It isn't an assumption. It is a sarcastic illustration that the other forces working in Africa that are secular in nature are primarily working to exploit the continent.  While the missionaries may not be perfect, they are at least constrained by something greater than the profit motive.   When two cultures meet there is no such thing as a neturality of world view between them.  

11/1/13 8:24 PM
FETT_DiscipleDojo
628 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Praying for you, brother! Keep up the fight!

11/1/13 8:53 PM
Qannebiss

Edited: 11/01/13 10:21 PM
Ridgeback -
Qannebiss - 
Ridgeback -
Qannebiss - 

It isn't an assumption. It is a sarcastic illustration that the other forces working in Africa that are secular in nature are primarily working to exploit the continent.  While the missionaries may not be perfect, they are at least constrained by something greater than the profit motive.   When two cultures meet there is no such thing as a neturality of world view between them.  

So you believe that the exploitation of the continent is the work of secular groups? I mean, I suppose corporations are secular in that they're not religious organizations, but that's a rather odd way to look at it. There are plenty of non-religious charitable organizations around the world. This idea that secularism is behind the exploitation of a continent while religion is behind most of the attempts to save the lives of its people is a bit absurd.

Also, as far as what I wrote about Mr. Wren's work goes, my post was far more laudatory than critical. The passive-aggressive reply you wrote was uncalled for, but whatever.  I'm going to let this go because I don't want this thread to be about bickering over religion.  Justin Wren is helping people, and that's what really matters.

11/1/13 8:54 PM
TempestPrime15
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 9:56 PM
Chromium
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

@JustinWren: one low cost item that has been shown to save a lot of lives in sub-Saharan Africa is simple mosquito netting, to reduce the transmission of malaria. If malaria is at all a problem, I think it might be worth looking into.

Good farming tools are also pretty vital, of course, but I have no idea about specifics there. A lot of societies in rural central Africa are so poor that they actually plow by hand, instead of having even a goat or something to help them (having a work animal to help with plowing tends to help crop production quite a bit).

Setting up infrastructure in these forsaken communities can be a very big challenge, but it helps, so, so much, as I'm sure you're finding out.

11/1/13 10:15 PM
TheLionAteMyDancingToyRobot
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justin Wren is a good man. Great work you are doing there!!!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 10:17 PM
PUBLICnoose

Qannebiss -
Ridgeback -
Qannebiss - 

do tell us how youve helped Phone Post
11/1/13 10:27 PM
BackAndLeft
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt Phone Post
11/2/13 12:14 AM
sfish4862
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good vibes being sent your way

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.