UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UG No Longer A MMA Site

11/1/13 2:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's officially over. You have 2 of the unquestionably best lightweights on earth fighting this Saturday on Spike ....FREE Television.

You have a Top 10 Fighter in King Mo seeking Revenge from one of the biggest upsets in recent MMA for a Interim Title.

AND...

You have another Top 10 fighter in Curran defending his featherweight Title against a great number 1 contender.

NOT ONE FUCKING STORY ABOUT ANY OF IT

FUCK YOU UG NEWS... ID Say it right to your Disgusting Face Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 2:43 PM
JROTT
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's because nobody has asked Chael or Ronda their opinions about this.. Front page is reserved for them, duh! Phone Post
11/1/13 2:46 PM
neonbelly
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's generally just links to stories on other sites anyhow, go straight to the source.
11/1/13 2:47 PM
Kazp306

Dude, they did write about all those things. There were just a few spelling and grammar mistakes. Phone Post
11/1/13 2:49 PM
InTheWeedz

Bleacher Report Phone Post
11/1/13 2:50 PM
KOckyGOAT

PrettyBoy - It's officially over. You have 2 of the unquestionably best lightweights on earth fighting this Saturday on Spike ....FREE Television.

You have a Top 10 Fighter in King Mo seeking Revenge from one of the biggest upsets in recent MMA for a Interim Title.

AND...

You have another Top 10 fighter in Curran defending his featherweight Title against a great number 1 contender.

Vtfu Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 2:52 PM
caposa
1423 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the lack of Bellator news is pretty disgusting

11/1/13 2:57 PM
Darup

PrettyBoy - It's officially over. You have 2 of the unquestionably best lightweights on earth fighting this Saturday on Spike ....FREE Television.

AND...

King Mo is not top ten
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

The threads always get derailed by stupid Bellator vs UFC discussion. Phone Post
Kirik
1380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
PrettyBoy - It's officially over. You have 2 of the unquestionably best lightweights on earth fighting this Saturday on Spike ....FREE Television.

AND...

The first and last stories are both about Bellator figures. The top story doesn't show on your phone as the format they use is not iPhone compatible. But it is there. Time stamp is 11/1/13 11:31 AM, it is not like it was put up in response to your factually incorrect post.

There will def be a King Mo piece. Not sure about Curran.

Of the top 4 stories since noon, one is on UFC.

So simmer down until what you are saying is right, and then pipe up again :-)

11/1/13 2:58 PM
Nick Diaz Fan

Yea its really bad i agree, chandler vs alvarez is a huge fight in mma two amazing fighters Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 3:00 PM
Team GDP
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just posted a  bellator thread

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=2245416&page=1

11/1/13 3:03 PM
epwar
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JROTT -  It's because nobody has asked Chael or Ronda their opinions about this.. Front page is reserved for them, duh! Phone Post

LOL, voted up.

11/1/13 3:07 PM
Chaelismyhero

Well...None of that stuff has anything to do with Chael P.

Chael is MMA.
11/1/13 3:13 PM
hendofanforlife

No bellator sticky til just before the event starts or a half hour in they finally make a thread.lol. But hey, at least we found out assassins creed is sponsoring Ufn whatever.

Last week they put it up early, stickied it and left it up all night. Please please do that every week.
11/1/13 3:14 PM
RJJH

I agree with everyone here.

for shame UG peeps.

11/1/13 3:14 PM
Kirik
1380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
caposa - 

If you want to be disgusted, I guess get finicky that people on the UG are not very excited about Bellator pieces. We put up what you guys are interested in, not what Chris and I are interested in. Chris and I both like pieces on techniques for example, but the UG doesn't much at all. CP and I are in a contest each month, to see who can generate the most eyeballs. That is the main driving force.

I do put up stuff on regulation because I think it is important and not because anyone reads it. We don't whore it out either - people love street fighting and crime and injury vids, but we minimize that. So there is some balance there between what is ethical and what is demanded. But I don't feel a great compulsion or responsibility to put up content on Bellator if people are not interested in it.

If I am wrong, there could be a great, missed opportunity for someone. If there is a big demand for an aggregation of news about Bellator, spend half a day with a free wp site, read everything that the sport generates about Bellator via rss, news sites survey, google news alerts, and Twitter, then filter in the best Bellator content, and wait for the dollars to roll in from your google ad spots.

Chris and I ARE ON YOUR SIDE. I am a records keeper, I am a coach, I am a ref, I have been completely dedicated to this sport for now 20 years. I don't go to my gym and teach "UFC," this site is not IdoUFC.com, it is mixedmartialarts.com. Chris and I regularly bitch at each other that that the UG Blog is all about the UFC, and make an effort to broaden it. But here is the truth. MMA is not big, UFC is big.

Blog is just the messenger.

In closing, I have met the enemy, and he is us.

11/1/13 3:17 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always love the Kirik spin on this threads

Carry on...
11/1/13 3:21 PM
Mix6APlix

Darup -

AND...

King Mo is not top ten
He is top 10, in Bellator. Phone Post
11/1/13 3:22 PM
Kirik

The UnderGround, Mayor

Here are the views:

Chandler vs Alvarez II preview     667
Fight for the Forgotten begins     2773
Sonnen: JDS' corner should be suspended & fined
MMA Halloween 2013 gallery     8207
UFC Primetime: St-Pierre vs. Hendricks - Episode 1     5269 

Top two pieces were published 14 mins apart, which is functionally speaking identical. Justin Wren saving pygmies is way bigger news than preview. I guarantee that tomorrow, the lowest viewed piece of the day will be the Bellator preview. Never the less, we still put it up.

However, it is not reasonable to kvetch that there should be way more of it.

11/1/13 3:24 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UG is the TMZ of MMA news
11/1/13 3:24 PM
caseharts
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Kirik -

AND...

The first and last stories are both about Bellator figures. The top story doesn't show on your phone as the format they use is not iPhone compatible. But it is there. Time stamp is 11/1/13 11:31 AM, it is not like it was put up in response to your factually incorrect post.

Op just got shut down Phone Post
11/1/13 3:25 PM
UGCTT_CloudStrife
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who cares about the front page stories? 

Create a thread on the fights and discuss it with other Bellator fans. It is a forum after all. If people want to talk about it they will in the thread. If the thread only gets a page or 2 of discussion then it is for lack of interest and not the UGs fault for not stuffing it down everyones throat.

11/1/13 3:30 PM
Brigham
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King Mo is not top 10 Phone Post
11/1/13 3:33 PM
PrettyBoy
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kirik -

AND...

Well I can certainly appreciate the UG finally throwing up a piece at almost noon the day before an event of this magnitude but wtf happened this whole week Kirk? Where is the buildup?

If the enemy at the gate is us then why does it have to be you and Chris as well? Why can't this site just follow the best athletes in MMA and post relevant content about the current events in MMA without always looking for a TMZ click happy headline.

Why do athletes have to be in the UFC or Invicta before we can read about them here? Perhaps the lack of interest can be directly correlated to the lack of exposure and stickys they are provided here?

Again while greatly appreciated the fact that a 11:30 story went up doesn't really bridge the gap of the problem we are addressing here. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.