UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Can any Arizona UGers help me out?

11/1/13 10:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Odins_Fleshlight
594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My 7 year old nephew has been enrolled in an MMA gym here inesa, Az for about 2 years now. He is a fucking diehard fan and eats it up. The place he is at now called Premier MMA is awesome, but he seems like he has outgrown that school. It's geared towards the kids a lot, and also tge teenagers, but almost no inbetween. So I'm trying to help find him a place he can go and really excel and be a part of a family, not just some name on the roll call sheet.

His master at Premier also left Premier, and its not the same. I can actually hear him when I talk to him and encourage him that he's losing interest. So please, anyone know of an MMA school out here in the greater Phoenix area, more so towards the east valley.

I'm googling now, but I'd rather have some advice of you with any experience out here who actually tranes UFC Phone Post
11/1/13 10:32 PM
EvilMaster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The MMA Lab in Glendale. 623-792-8543

11/1/13 10:45 PM
Odins_Fleshlight
594 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvilMaster - The MMA Lab in Glendale. 623-792-8543

Thanks bro, as soon as I can ill vtfu. Haha my nephew is next to me fuckin shadow boxing because he's so excited to have a new school, that's on the level. Phone Post
11/1/13 11:15 PM
PhoqueME
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The lab is where Bendo trains. This is a total guess but id assume the gym wouldn't spend as much time with a 7 yr old as they would with their UFC champions. Phone Post 3.0
11/1/13 11:19 PM
Odins_Fleshlight

PhoqueME - The lab is where Bendo trains. This is a total guess but id assume the gym wouldn't spend as much time with a 7 yr old as they would with their UFC champions. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah see, that's what started happening at Premier. There's plenty of schools though, and it means so much to my nephew so I'm definitely going to find him a good place. Phone Post
11/1/13 11:20 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PhoqueME - The lab is where Bendo trains. This is a total guess but id assume the gym wouldn't spend as much time with a 7 yr old as they would with their UFC champions. Phone Post 3.0
The programs will be totally different. Henderson is also the gym owner iirc.

I believe the Lab also has really reasonable prices. Definitely check it out. Phone Post
11/1/13 11:22 PM
ShanTheMan
789 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you ever get that boogeyman?
11/1/13 11:30 PM
Paramount Donkey
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShanTheMan - Did you ever get that boogeyman?
Yeah did you? Phone Post
11/1/13 11:49 PM
Odins_Fleshlight

Paramount Donkey -
ShanTheMan - Did you ever get that boogeyman?
Yeah did you? Phone Post
Yes and no. My neighbor's grand kid started saying tge same shit, so unfortunately, I think theres some fucking peeping tom or something. He somehow remembered me telling him awhile ago that that ghost bitch Peggy would watch over him, because he heard about her and got scared. All I know is if I catch this motherfucker, I'm going to go full rape rape. And take pictures and post then here. Everyone is looking out for each others house though. That asshole should know better than to fuck around like this in the hood lol, now he's got a bunch of Mexican bangers looking for him. Phone Post
11/2/13 12:42 AM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What part of town are you in? Phone Post 3.0
11/2/13 12:57 AM
AK-BJJ

Phoenix is a huge spread out city... the lab is on the complete opposite side of town than what you're talking about so travel time would be quite a bit. Lots of great places on the east side though man... ACS, Power MMA, etc.

There are also world class black belt schools down there too if he's doing BJJ...
11/2/13 1:09 AM
Shortkick
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Power MMA has a good kids program and an excellent kids Muay Thai program, they are on Gilbert/Guadalupe, they are a little pricey I believe. Great facility though Phone Post 3.0
11/2/13 1:19 AM
Odins_Fleshlight

Shortkick - Power MMA has a good kids program and an excellent kids Muay Thai program, they are on Gilbert/Guadalupe, they are a little pricey I believe. Great facility though Phone Post 3.0
Damn, I'm only a dew miles from that area. I'm gunna check it out. Thank you guys for the info... Phone Post
11/2/13 1:19 AM
Odins_Fleshlight

AK-BJJ - Phoenix is a huge spread out city... the lab is on the complete opposite side of town than what you're talking about so travel time would be quite a bit. Lots of great places on the east side though man... ACS, Power MMA, etc.

There are also world class black belt schools down there too if he's doing BJJ...
Yeah Phoenix is huge, we live in Mesa, so Glendale is real far. But if that's tge best fit, it'd be worth it for him. Phone Post
11/2/13 1:20 AM
Odins_Fleshlight

Jake Devree - What part of town are you in? Phone Post 3.0
I live in west Mesa and my nephew lives in east Mesa. Phone Post
11/2/13 3:21 AM
demonbasketball04
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in the far west valley of AZ, there's a few places around here with good kids programs. Unfortunately, they're over an hour from you. Phone Post 3.0
11/2/13 3:31 AM
RUSRedDevil
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Power mma has an awesome kids program that's very active Phone Post 3.0
11/2/13 9:52 AM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Odins_Fleshlight -
Jake Devree - What part of town are you in? Phone Post 3.0
I live in west Mesa and my nephew lives in east Mesa. Phone Post
Power MMA is where I train and it probably the closest for you. There are a couple other smaller schools around but I recommend checking out Power first. They will give him a week free to try it out. They have kids BJJ wrestling Muay Thai mma and boxing. Hopefully this helps man Phone Post 3.0
11/2/13 10:07 AM
CombatIns
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apex MMA Phone Post
11/7/13 8:56 AM
AK-BJJ

TTT Has he had a chance to check any place out yet?
11/7/13 10:45 AM
Gator Choke
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Fight Radio/ NBC Radio Phoenix, Cohost/Commentator
Issue with The Lab for OP is that depending on which part of Mesa he's in, he's looking at a 45 minute drive at minimum without traffic.. On the 10, sadly there's a fat chance of seeing traffic free roads at 5-6 PM. Apex is another great school recommendation but Tucson is over 100 miles away. Power is good and close. Also Jamie Varner just opened a school in Scottsdale on Thomas and Hayden (I believe) which may be close too. Also there's kids classes at Bambusa in Mesa.
11/7/13 1:53 PM
ajl416az

Varner's school is just getting started, they are doing discount deals right now
11/7/13 2:09 PM
RooJitsu
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Avondale, checking in. Any good BJJ school recommendation? Phone Post
11/7/13 2:17 PM
sux@bjj
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

considering distance from current gym, Arizona Combat Sports may not be too far (5 - 6 miles). it's one of the top bjj / mma schools in the state. i'm unsure of their kids program(s), but worth checking out imo.

good luck.
11/7/13 3:23 PM
ajl416az

Edited: 11/07/13 3:26 PM
we dont really have a kids program in place at ACS right now but feel free to call and see what's up (480 517 1960)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.