UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP: I can overpower Hendricks if I want to

11/4/13 1:14 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre figths #1 contender Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 on Nov. 16. In a pre-fight interview, St-Pierre says how he is feeling, and what he believes. To Anderson Silva's reflexive "It's normal" line, we can now add the Canadian's "I believe it."

"I'm the best in the world," said GSP. "I believe it. And I've got to prove it again to everybody."

"I'm very excited fighting Johny Hendricks, the #1 guy right now. A lot of people believe he has the style to beat me.  I'm better than him everywhere. I believe it."

"I respect his power, but I'm not afraid of it. People don't realize I'm the best at not getting hit, not getting damaged. I can take a punch. I don't know what's going to happen in the fight. It's like playing cards - you don't show your hands."

"I'm better than him everywhere. I can wrestle him, overpower him if I want to. I'm not scared... We'll put his chin, his wrestling, his jiu-jitsu to the test. It's a fine line sometimes between arrogance and confidence. I'm very confident. I think I'm going to win, he thinks he's going to win. So, we're going clash, and find out."

Do you believe it?

11/4/13 1:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kyle223
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe it!

GSP!
11/4/13 1:19 PM
the islander
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP is going to school him. Phone Post
11/4/13 1:20 PM
MikeHavik
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe it gsp is a beast and always dominates! Phone Post
11/4/13 1:27 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

I think GSP will get knocked out,at least I hope he gets knocked out!
11/4/13 1:41 PM
universalflow
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Go GSP!
11/4/13 1:47 PM
Domingo
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"the best at not getting hit" .... I'm not so sure about that. He rarely gets blasted, but it seems like he gets tagged by one thing or another in most fights. That's usually why he tends to coast in later rounds. Once he gets hit, he turns to the early 2000's Ricardo Arona playbook.
11/4/13 1:57 PM
guardbr8kr

the most dominate and complete fighter we've seen on this journey.
11/4/13 1:59 PM
Theory of Everything
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Domingo - "the best at not getting hit" .... I'm not so sure about that. He rarely gets blasted, but it seems like he gets tagged by one thing or another in most fights. That's usually why he tends to coast in later rounds. Once he gets hit, he turns to the early 2000's Ricardo Arona playbook.
In most fights? He's barely been touched relative to the rest of his weight class. Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 2:08 PM
PrettyBoy
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sounds like a Champion talking. Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 2:10 PM
whoabro

Theory of Everything -
Domingo - "the best at not getting hit" .... I'm not so sure about that. He rarely gets blasted, but it seems like he gets tagged by one thing or another in most fights. That's usually why he tends to coast in later rounds. Once he gets hit, he turns to the early 2000's Ricardo Arona playbook.
In most fights? He's barely been touched relative to the rest of his weight class. Phone Post 3.0
Other than eyepokes he rarely gets hit with anything significant Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 2:12 PM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yeah Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 2:17 PM
chooah
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It sounds a lot at 1 min mark ("We'll put his chin, his wrestling, his jiu-jitsu to the test.") like it's spliced together... like they've mixed samples from completely different sentences.

Maybe they just cut out moments of silence to make the sentence quicker, but it sounds odd.
jfw jr
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Absolutely. I believe GSP beats Hendricks, handily.
DreamSTi

Marketing at its finest...
DreamSTi

Edited: 11/04/13 2:17 PM
double post fail
11/4/13 2:36 PM
colubrid1

jfw jr - Absolutely. I believe GSP beats Hendricks, handily.

Yep! Another bore fest and we will see it in the first round.
11/4/13 2:37 PM
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nevermind the words, his demeanor in that clip says it all. He looks focused and ready.

War GSP!

11/4/13 2:45 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

duckhuntgangsta - 
PeaceThroughStrength - I think GSP will get knocked out,at least I hope he gets knocked out!
Won't happen. GSP is way to smart.

Fight will go like this:

Jab, jab, faint superman punch, jab, jab, get Johnny to swing big out of frustration, take down, elbow, elbow...

Rinse and repeat Phone Post 3.0

I'm not buying the argument that GSP is "way to smart" to get knocked out? I don't doubt the fact that he is a smart guy and a great fighter but he cant out smart losing consciousness if Hendricks lands a big shot. No need to rinse and repeat if Hendricks is able to hit GSP.

Maybe the fight will go down the way you think and GSP does what he normal does or maybe Hendricks will do what he does and crack GSP upside the head with a big left hand.
Either way I think it will be a good fight.
11/4/13 2:45 PM
chaplinshouse
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i wish he believed in himself as much as he acts like he does.  he'd be a finishing machine.  

11/4/13 2:53 PM
MMALOGIC

Hendricks lack of cardio is GSP's saving grace.

11/4/13 3:03 PM
8flat
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry, but I'm predicting a jab-a-dabba-do fest.
11/4/13 3:04 PM
sincitydc
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always get excited wen GSP talks like this. I think most would agree that GSP has the potential to do all the stuff he says. Let's fucking see it now. Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 3:09 PM
Aaron Becker

I am so sick of GSP always talking like he is gonna do anything different than his previous fights
11/4/13 3:10 PM
Aaron Becker

sincitydc - I always get excited wen GSP talks like this. I think most would agree that GSP has the potential to do all the stuff he says. Let's fucking see it now. Phone Post 3.0

just like every other fight, he says he's gonna do one thing and never does it. It's always the same safe gameplan

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.