UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage SLAPS SH@# Out of me! & Beltran Interviews

11/4/13 9:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ranier wolfcastle
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought i posted this but i cant find it

11/4/13 9:37 PM
I Wild Each It
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - Dan,

You are going to think I'm criticizing you but Ill give you my honest opinion anyway. I mean this sincerely.

You are definitely a talented interviewer. I genuinely believe you have a chance to make a career out of it. You do seem relaxed and natural in front of the camera and your questions flowed really well.

BUT...you REALLY have to stop interjecting yourself into the scene. I think the moment Rampage looked at you and said "I don't remember training with you," should have been a reminder that you aren't the story, he is. I know it seems like I'm being harsh but in my opinion the way that you make everything reek of self-promotion is the only standing in your way.

Gene LeBell says, "Let others say good things about you."

Agree with this. I've only watched two other Wolfman interviews and both times he did something similar. One was with Dana, and he basically told Dana how he would handle the Dominic Cruz injury situation. Dana literally looked at him like "WTF?". It made the interview completely awkward. The second interview was with Johnny Hendricks and he told Johnny "I think springing in with 7/8 or Russian longhooks is the way to beat GSP, and it's something I wish Ellenberger would have done more." This was also awkward.

Now, neither of those comments is necessarily wrong. Not by any means. It's just the delivery and timing that was off. It's an interview, and IMO, you ask the questions and let the person being interviewed answer it. Then talk about that other stuff off camera. Just my 2 cents.

I do think Dan has the opportunity to be successful. Just needs to make it more about who he's interviewing.
11/4/13 9:40 PM
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/04/13 9:46 PM
My interview, my choice, and Ronda, Spong, Rashad, others have opened up more about technical stuff once they realize I know my stuff and not over my head like all other media members. w Johny I had some agenda to get him to realize how high his center is on his left and hopefully bend his knees and lower his stance more. I offer more of a conversation then an interview, and most fighters seem to appreciate it, and is different than THE SAME EXACT questions from every other reporter that knows nothing about MMA. Seriously, Anderson was asked same question twice in a row at scrum. Guys don't care, because they want their footage to edit. Media listens in to interview before and asks the same damn thing. Media at Bellator just asked something they heard me privately talk about with person right before they started rolling. Dana is the only one I slightly regret, yet I feel it helps give Ammo to do exactly what was needed and is happening, Cruz Feb 1st. With Bjorn, and convo, and pressure a bit to make 3rd fight happen, as well as give Frodo his shot.
11/4/13 9:44 PM
-FC-
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - My interview, my choice, and Ronda, Spong, Rashad, others have opened up more about technical stuff once they realize I know my stuff and not over my head like all other media members. w Johny I had some agenda to get him to realize how high his center is on his left and hopefully bend his knees and lower his stance more. I offer more of a conversation then an interview, and most fighters seem to appreciate it, and is different than THE SAME EXACT questions from every other reporter that knows nothing about MMA. Seriously, Anderson was asked same question twice in a row at scrum. Guys don't care, because they want their footage to edit. Media listens in to interview before and asks the same damn thing. Media at Bellator just asked something they heard me privately talk about with person right before they started rolling.
It's this shit that makes you unlikable. You think a guy fighting for the welterweight belt in the UFC needs advice from you on how to fight? Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 9:49 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 11/04/13 9:52 PM
Yes, yes I do. If I can have a small positive effects on guys being more prepared for certain things, like calf kick defense, then I give it. Something he perhaps hasn't realized or his coaches wouldn't. Bit too overconfidence in wrestling credentials to stop takedowns vs how GSP actually gets them with MMA Irimi entering timing. Just because someone is a better athlete, doesn't mean I don't have a higher fight IQ or outside view or can break things down. Same as JDS could have used my Cage Tactics instead of thinking 3 months of wrestling would bring his level up enough to not get controlled and bashed against Cage, which I knew would happen, and tried to convey that in press conf. question. I also wrote two people close to his camps and sent them vids and offer to help. Just because you don't believe I could help, doesn't mean I wouldn't. I know my stuff, and some stuff others absolutely do not know esp when it comes to Anti-Cage Tactics

If you don't like it, shut the fuck up and smoke it, and to anyone reading, that is because FC is an asshole very often
11/4/13 9:54 PM
shaqitup
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ranier wolfcastle - 

i thought i posted this but i cant find it

pretty funny how he starts smiling as soon as he gets hit.

11/4/13 9:59 PM
EddiePain420

damn good interview, dans personality goes great with rampage. ariel aint got shit on the wolfman
11/4/13 10:01 PM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"JDS could have used my Cage Tactics instead of thinking 3 months of wrestling"

the gaul of this guy lmao

11/4/13 10:15 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 11/04/13 10:19 PM
Amazing I know, some people just speak the truth. Machida, Kathy Long, and Dennis Hallman have all seen and loved some of my Anti-Cage stuff, and it is totally different stuff than what anyone else is doing. It is true. 1 week with me would have helped a lot, been more competitive. I am not a typical fan with no training saying this, I've dedicated my life to MA. That is a difference. My claim is real, it is true. I am not saying I would beat anybody in a fight, or being a better athlete. My fight predictions on here have been damn good have they not? Did I not seem to suggest in question that it would happen again? I teach a lot of good subs others don't, but there are lots of good grappling coaches. But, my Cage stuff and my simple mount secret no one else is doing. That is fact. If I didn't feel strongly I wouldn't say it publically. I even said to Dana here and in private emails, no joke, if he let me a fighter conference I would show on fighters how effective my Cage Tactics are and mount secret and end Wall and Stall that he hates and hug surviving the round.
11/4/13 10:16 PM
Blunderhooks
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Back in 2006 I mentioned to Rampage that one way he could score on me would if in 2013 I were to interview him he could slap my face and it would be difficult to defend as I would be off guard and I would be using one hand to hold the mike.

I'm not saying I gave him the idea to do that, but I have video evidence proving it was my idea.

-- Dan the Wolfman Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 10:19 PM
ChaosOverkill
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Amazing I know, some people just speak the truth. Machida, Kathy Long, and Dennis Hallman have all seen and loved some of my Anti-Cage stuff, and it is totally different stuff than what anyone else is doing. It is true. 1 week with me would have helped a lot, been more competitive. I am not a typical fan with no training saying this, I've dedicated my life to MA. That is a difference. My claim is real, it is true. I am not saying I would beat anybody in a fight, or being a better athlete. My fight predictions on here have been damn good have they not? Did I not seem to suggest in question that it would happen again? I teach a lot of good subs others don't, but there are lots of good grappling coaches. But, my Cage stuff and my simple mount secret no one else is doing. That is fact.

So you're saying trainers out there know nothing of techniques you talk about, you're the inventor of a whole series of techniques people refuse to learn and only you hold the key?

11/4/13 10:21 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 11/04/13 10:22 PM
If they knew, someone would do. I didn't say it is not out there other places, but not filtered into the MMA world yet. And mount secret I have heard one trainer knew it, yet none of his fighters have ever done it, so I wonder if he forgot. So yes, apparently I hold the key to ending Wall and Stall and hug surviving the round in MMA.

Cage stuff Hallman is using more and more techniques successfully live in training. Some take more practice then others. So, one high level person hasn't refused to learn, or even some rare subs I teach, even if better more experienced fighter with tons of sub wins than myself.
11/4/13 10:24 PM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage howl sounded like Wolfboy howl post testicular descent.
11/4/13 10:25 PM
Gator Choke
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Fight Radio/ NBC Radio Phoenix, Cohost/Commentator
Shit I can't believe I was back stage with you and Joey Krebs at Bellator and the name completely was lost on me when you said it. Good meeting you guys!
11/4/13 10:25 PM
ChaosOverkill

DanTheWolfman - If they knew, someone would do. I didn't say it is not out there other places, but not filtered into the MMA world yet. And mount secret I have heard one trainer knew it, yet none of his fighters have ever done it, so I wonder if he forgot. So yes, apparently I hold the key to ending Wall and Stall and hug surviving the round in MMA.

Cage stuff Hallman is using more and more techniques successfully live in training. Some take more practice then others. So, one high level person hasn't refused to learn, or even some rare subs I teach, even if better more experienced fighter with tons of sub wins than myself.

Fair enough, I'm not saying you don't have something to add, I just don't know enough about the fighter's mindset and which trainers do and don't know what you talk agbout.

11/4/13 10:53 PM
MartialArtsMixed
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool vids Wolfman

11/4/13 11:00 PM
Ghost of Retard
651 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/04/13 11:01 PM
Rampage slapped me first!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Dan the Wolfmaning a Dan the Wolfman thread!!!!!

Hows it feel motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/4/13 11:56 PM
CRE
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ahaha you asked for it Dan! He wasn't going to do the Inoki slap til ya brought it up :)
11/5/13 12:31 AM
Naderhood
791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wolfman gonna Theodore Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 12:39 AM
Ramy Daoud
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Train wreck. Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 12:44 AM
I Wild Each It
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you see GSP/Hendricks playing out, Dan?
11/5/13 2:03 AM
DanTheWolfman

lol at Ghost of Retard.

Wait, you mean I am a polarizing figure? No way!

Johny Can KO GSP if he lowers his stance and or beat him up on feet and ground. If he doesn't, he can still catch him early possibly.....it is after all All timing, distance, spatial relationships....Or, GSP can "outwrestle" him using Entering Timing/Irimi he learned from Karate if Johny is too overconfident in that department. Lead stop sidekicks would be effective too.

Johny no lowered stance it is like 40% chance. Johny lowered stance it is like 80% chance. That is how big a difference it would play out. He raises Center on his leap in left hand. George will be training that entering timing all day everyday trust me. Credentialed wrestlers are too overconfident in that often....MMA is different. Johny with lowered stance beats GSP up on feet and on ground a lot. GSP has to use effective get ups, and work the hell out of his kicking game on the feet. He needs to catch Johny with some major kicks....stop sidekicks to body is great way, backside kick too. Then High kick. Everyone knows GSP does lead superman switch punch to rt low kick. Well, he also needs to be mixing it up like Rory did against BJ with Switch punch to liver kick and Switch punch to front kick,2,3, rt high kick.

Johny/Marc work on punching, moving, everything from a lowered stance, more bend in knees please and don't duck into high kicks or knees. Thanks
11/5/13 2:04 AM
DanTheWolfman

Hi Gator, not exactly sure whom you were but enjoyed talking to everyone there. Met some up and coming wrestlers coming into MMA too.
11/5/13 3:34 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 11/05/13 3:34 AM

photo DocImage000000340_zps26c33f07.jpg photo DocImage000000341_zps51cc6866.jpg photo DocImage000000374_1_zps255a98b4.jpg

Thanks guys really appreciate that, just realized I had these Rampage pics too I could have put in the vid as well. 

11/5/13 4:25 AM
Matt Phillips
622 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - Dan,

You are going to think I'm criticizing you but Ill give you my honest opinion anyway. I mean this sincerely.

You are definitely a talented interviewer. I genuinely believe you have a chance to make a career out of it. You do seem relaxed and natural in front of the camera and your questions flowed really well.

BUT...you REALLY have to stop interjecting yourself into the scene. I think the moment Rampage looked at you and said "I don't remember training with you," should have been a reminder that you aren't the story, he is. I know it seems like I'm being harsh but in my opinion the way that you make everything reek of self-promotion is the only standing in your way.

Gene LeBell says, "Let others say good things about you."

This x1000

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.