UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rampage SLAPS SH@# Out of me! & Beltran Interviews

11/5/13 4:42 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CanadianCouture - Andre-

I think the reason why you hate Dan so much is because he reminds you too much of yourself, only a cooler and funnier version. You too have trained with many Oleg, Gokor, Machados, Diogo and you too have done your share of name dropping.
Yes, you're right. Thank you for keeping me in check. Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 4:58 AM
latinthunder
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/05/13 4:59 AM
Great job Wolfman! I bet Wolfman is a great coach he been around the sport forever. I think people are unjustly dissing Dan b/c he was a journeyman fighter who never made the UFC. This is bogus b/c his MMA credentials are superior to most MMA reporters & coaches. For instance who Greg Jackson ever fight in MMA? But Jackson is considered one of the best coaches in MMA. I think JDS should listen to Dan. He has nothing to lose & what he been doing isn't working.

Also a lot of good fighters don't always make the best coaches. They often not very technical either but they win b/c they're able overwhelm their opponents due to their superior athleticism.
11/5/13 6:13 AM
JediJitsu
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great stuff. I like your style. Relaxed and fluid. It's actually a casual relief from the usual type of interview. Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 7:33 AM
-FC-
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Yes, yes I do. If I can have a small positive effects on guys being more prepared for certain things, like calf kick defense, then I give it. Something he perhaps hasn't realized or his coaches wouldn't. Bit too overconfidence in wrestling credentials to stop takedowns vs how GSP actually gets them with MMA Irimi entering timing. Just because someone is a better athlete, doesn't mean I don't have a higher fight IQ or outside view or can break things down. Same as JDS could have used my Cage Tactics instead of thinking 3 months of wrestling would bring his level up enough to not get controlled and bashed against Cage, which I knew would happen, and tried to convey that in press conf. question. I also wrote two people close to his camps and sent them vids and offer to help. Just because you don't believe I could help, doesn't mean I wouldn't. I know my stuff, and some stuff others absolutely do not know esp when it comes to Anti-Cage Tactics

If you don't like it, shut the fuck up and smoke it, and to anyone reading, that is because FC is an asshole very often
That's your problem, you're trying to give advice to a guys who's at a level you never will or could get to.

He doesn't need your advice so why don't you do yourself a favor and shut the fuck up already. Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 9:57 AM
john joe
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - My interview, my choice, and Ronda, Spong, Rashad, others have opened up more about technical stuff once they realize I know my stuff and not over my head like all other media members. w Johny I had some agenda to get him to realize how high his center is on his left and hopefully bend his knees and lower his stance more. I offer more of a conversation then an interview, and most fighters seem to appreciate it, and is different than THE SAME EXACT questions from every other reporter that knows nothing about MMA. Seriously, Anderson was asked same question twice in a row at scrum. Guys don't care, because they want their footage to edit. Media listens in to interview before and asks the same damn thing. Media at Bellator just asked something they heard me privately talk about with person right before they started rolling. Dana is the only one I slightly regret, yet I feel it helps give Ammo to do exactly what was needed and is happening, Cruz Feb 1st. With Bjorn, and convo, and pressure a bit to make 3rd fight happen, as well as give Frodo his shot.

dude, what agenda?

You're not his coach man. Dont start trying to coach the guy in an interview, wtf?

if youre gonna do interviews, do interviews and be an interviewer. Like everyone else is saying, all your interviews seem like youre just tryna make them a platform for your own stories and injecting yourself into the pro-fighter brohood

your technical knowledge is great, so ask technical questions. You can pre-frame them perfectly adequately without going into these self-reverential anecdotes where the interviewee doesnt give a shit/doesnt remember and the viewer is like "why is this guy giving his ego a ride out?"

like you say, your interview, your choice, but there are numerous decent people on this thread telling you that should tone down the ego considerably. So, its up to you what you do with that info and your interviews, its up to them what they do about watching your interviews in the future
11/5/13 9:59 AM
john joe
378 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Yes, yes I do. If I can have a small positive effects on guys being more prepared for certain things, like calf kick defense, then I give it. Something he perhaps hasn't realized or his coaches wouldn't. Bit too overconfidence in wrestling credentials to stop takedowns vs how GSP actually gets them with MMA Irimi entering timing. Just because someone is a better athlete, doesn't mean I don't have a higher fight IQ or outside view or can break things down. Same as JDS could have used my Cage Tactics instead of thinking 3 months of wrestling would bring his level up enough to not get controlled and bashed against Cage, which I knew would happen, and tried to convey that in press conf. question. I also wrote two people close to his camps and sent them vids and offer to help. Just because you don't believe I could help, doesn't mean I wouldn't. I know my stuff, and some stuff others absolutely do not know esp when it comes to Anti-Cage Tactics

If you don't like it, shut the fuck up and smoke it, and to anyone reading, that is because FC is an asshole very often

you want to be a personality and a superstar coach?

fine, train some standout fighters, get yourself one or two prospects out there and then start telling JDS and Hendricks about your Cage System and all that

you did some stuff with some high level guys back in the day; for whatever reason, nobody remembers that. You fell off. You need to train some guys up, get that rep back, then start being the celebrity coach

seriously dude its annoying as fuck. People are NOT persecuting you they are just trying to tell you that its COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL for an interviewer to start trying to kick game to the championship level fighters he is interviewing. ITS NOT ABOUT YOU
11/5/13 10:17 AM
OGT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For later Phone Post
11/5/13 1:27 PM
DanTheWolfman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/05/13 1:34 PM
Hey John Joe why don't you go to your boss and tell them you are harassing me again, or perhaps tell me you will handle things and not do it like you did before over and over. Thanks

FC and Joe that used to kiss my ass before public company problems, can go ahead and not watch my interviews anymore, I don't care you goofs. Funny, Joe was such a fan until I made it public he had said he would take care of things multiple times and never did. Also, I think it should be pretty obvious Rampage is busting me and obviously does remember training together for 4 months and being in same house in big bear for a week or he wouldn't have brought his entire entourage to do an interview before going out. JJ why don't you get your jaded opinion to yourself from now on.

The majority of the rest seem to appreciate something a bit different. I dare to be different, and I am ok with that. A bit of a small voice representing the educated fan as well.
11/5/13 1:48 PM
john joe

Edited: 11/05/13 2:15 PM

DanTheWolfman - Hey John Joe why don't you go to your boss and tell them you are harassing me again, or perhaps tell me you will handle things and not do it like you did before over and over.

really Dan??

you hounded me for ages to get involved in a situation which predated my work for the company. I did it out of UG brotherhood and it turned into a nightmare. Never again. I harrassed you?

Return to Inbox | Reply | Mark Unread | Send Friend Request | Delete

john joe to DanTheWolfman (Nov 8)
all sorted now?

DanTheWolfman to john joe (Nov 8)
enough to my satisfaction yes, paid on 2 of the 3 articles since that is what they published

11/5/13 1:50 PM
john joe

oh and - your interviews are good when you dont constantly try and insert yourself into the narrative

you come off like you're desperate to be famous

carry on doing what you're doing and ignoring all the constructive advice from people who care enough to actually bother offering it

theres like seven people in this thread alone saying the same thing but obviously its all a personal attack on you and its all 'haters' --- whatever

good luck

and give me the yes or no on whether i got you paid or not.
11/5/13 1:54 PM
john joe

Edited: 11/05/13 2:16 PM

DanTheWolfman - Hey John Joe why don't you go to your boss and tell them you are harassing me again, or perhaps tell me you will handle things and not do it like you did before over and over.

really Dan??

you hounded me for ages to get involved in a situation which predated my work for the company. I did it out of UG brotherhood and it turned into a nightmare. Never again. I harrassed you?

all sorted now?
enough to my satisfaction yes, paid on 2 of the 3 articles since that is what they published
11/5/13 2:00 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 11/05/13 2:10 PM
lol, yes it was all you after the first few times you said so, right then, you did so much due diligence. Absolutely lol at "i didn't get you paid?". That's a funny way of looking at it. JJ who is being Unprofessional now? I don't work for you or anybody, you might want to keep that in mind. Keep your personal crap to yourself or maybe you won't be working for anyone soon either. Oh yeah, also been doing interviews much longer than you and just about everybody else (not Eddie Goldman....hmmmm, not sure whom else? Full Contact Fighter/Joe Gold too. Maybe that Gracie BB/ADCC guy. Who else in MMA media started doing interviews before I did in 1998?).

"The Ultimate Fighting Magazine" ---Professional. Dana loved that. I helped with that situation, which could have been strongly avoided had my early advise been taken to offer adding in the word Mixed at the very least off the bat between Ultimate and Fighting instead of legalities. Glad everyone made up years later. Hell, I am the one that gave all Pride and Zuffa contact info badly needed and started getting permission for photos, interviews during fight week, and such.

But JJ, this isn't supposed to be your personal grievance sounding board. The "professional" thing to do would be to msg me if you feel so strongly.

By the way everyone, just as an aside about my favorite MMA magazine, Fighters Only magazine is fine indeed, lovely layouts and such. I have no qualms with them whatsoever at this point. Go buy one at your local news stand. Just an employee named John Joe who is now taking on his own to do public personal attacks. Also, Steven Seagal is a fine actor.
11/5/13 2:09 PM
john joe

Edited: 11/05/13 2:17 PM

really Dan??

all sorted now?
11/5/13 2:12 PM
tokoros haircut
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan has gone into full free-form, stream-of-consciousness jazz-poet writing style.

Stand by, full meltdown imminent.
11/5/13 2:15 PM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 11/05/13 2:46 PM
Jazz-poet writing sty1e! I like it, you Egg! :)

Holy backtracking Edits Batman on 2 posts! LMFAO!
11/5/13 6:33 PM
-FC-

Dan gets owned time and time again, usually he whines to a mod and they delete the thread, guess his mod got tired of his whining too. Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 6:34 PM
-FC-

DanTheWolfman - Jazz-poet writing sty1e! I like it, you Egg! :)

You're the last person who should be calling out others for editing posts.

Let's get Danger's Daddy in here to confirm your edits about teaching Randy Couture fight tactics. Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 6:42 PM
Danger'sDaddy
184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

-FC- -
DanTheWolfman - Jazz-poet writing sty1e! I like it, you Egg! :)

You're the last person who should be calling out others for editing posts.

Let's get Danger's Daddy in here to confirm your edits about teaching Randy Couture fight tactics. Phone Post 3.0
Should I post the screen caps or just say he edited his posts to delete incriminating evidence? Backed off quick about his claim though. Guess it wasn't that legit. Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 8:22 PM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andre - Dan,

You are going to think I'm criticizing you but Ill give you my honest opinion anyway. I mean this sincerely.

You are definitely a talented interviewer. I genuinely believe you have a chance to make a career out of it. You do seem relaxed and natural in front of the camera and your questions flowed really well.

BUT...you REALLY have to stop interjecting yourself into the scene. I think the moment Rampage looked at you and said "I don't remember training with you," should have been a reminder that you aren't the story, he is. I know it seems like I'm being harsh but in my opinion the way that you make everything reek of self-promotion is the only standing in your way.

Gene LeBell says, "Let others say good things about you."

I mean doing that shit worked for Helwani, but not only do I agree it's not the best method, it works for Helwani because he purposely sets himself up as a wussy

I agree it might not be the best approach for Dan...

But great audio Dan and good questions. You also took the slap well lol
11/5/13 9:24 PM
hedfunk
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus christ. That was a good interview, then you come here and write a shit ton of garbage. Classic wolfman. Phone Post
11/6/13 12:41 AM
Funky Bacteria Productions
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You will be infected™, funkybacteria.com

Haha that was a cool interview. I have one interesting observation.

I've seen rapage slap plenty of people in interviews.

I've never seend rampage slap someone and then run away, until today.

I'm not saying rampage is scared or anything, but clearly he expected some type of retaliation.

Food for thought!

Don't mess with DTW or you can expect a swift and firm ridgehand to the 'BEEP'.

VTFU Dan, don't change who you are for anybody, they just can't except your fighter lifestyle dude.

11/6/13 12:43 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 11/06/13 12:58 AM
LMFAO, thanks for cheering me up. I do me, and I am ok with that. Most assuredly the forum is more interesting with me here the last 15 yrs no? Sell out and be "more professional" and be bland cookie cutter copy and paste interviewer to go along with the Generic Fighters......I don't think so, unless someone pays me to be more professional, then of course I will. I have been going out of my way to go work, pay for gas, pay for parking, HD cards, and bring interviews to people, so I think I deserve to have a little fun with it too after 16 yrs involved in the sport. Bland, is well, bland. And that get's old.

I don't think anyone wants to take one of my back of the hand overhead pimp slaps
11/6/13 12:54 AM
DanTheWolfman

Or the first Whip Strike pimp slap here
11/6/13 12:55 AM
DanTheWolfman

Or a Russian Fedor like long hook
11/6/13 1:52 AM
DanTheWolfman

The criticism is from the complaints about me on here, not so much the vids really. And many people that see the vids on youtube do not spend their lives gossiping on here.

Thank you MMA. It is a 2D world with no tone or intonation.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.