UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendo: TRT use doesn't matter that much

11/4/13 6:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Henderson fights Vitor Belfort at UFC Fight Night 32, on Nov 9, 2013, in Goiania Arena, Goiania, Goias, Brazil. The pair fought at Pride 32 in 2006, with Henderson taking a unanimous decision. Further, it will be the first time Hendo has fought in Brazil since 1997.

Both Henderson and Belfort have been issued Testosterone Use Exemptions by the regulating body in Brazil, Comissao Atletica Brasileira de MMA (CABMMA). Belfort has been subject to pointed and protracted fan criticism for his use of TRT, while Henderson has received litle, something Helwani asked him address.

"I think it all has to do with him not getting an exemption to fight outside of Brazil," said Hendo. "Based on him testing positive before they won’t give him an exemption in the States."

Henderson said he wasn’t overly worried about what Belfort was up to in terms of TRT or otherwise. Heading into Saturday’s bout, he says that he’s been tested regularly about every two weeks to check his levels. In his last fight against Evans at UFC 161 in Winnipeg, the Manitoba commission didn’t allow Henderson a therapeutic use exemption.

Though he lost the bout, "Hendo" said he didn’t notice the difference. Therefore, when Belfort recently mentioned that he would go off of TRT if it meant a title shot, Henderson didn’t see anything overly remarkable in the statement. Even with the claims that once you’re on TRT that you’ll need it for the rest of your life.

"I don’t take that much, and I didn’t take it for the Canada fight my last fight, and I really didn’t notice a change," he said. "It wouldn’t matter that much to me whether I was on it or not, especially just for one fight. It’s a matter of being healthier, just as a lifestyle for me, and what the doctors prescribe to be healthier as a person. So it’s not anything that a few months is going to matter."

Read entire article...
Listen to entire interview...

11/4/13 7:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BTT-RyannVonDoom
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chaelismyhero - Old man Dan is going to KO Vitor...Bet on it.
Hope so Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 7:07 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
Chaelismyhero - Old man Dan is going to KO Vitor...Bet on it.
Hope so Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
11/4/13 7:08 PM
Vote me down

WAR DAN
11/4/13 7:58 PM
Team GDP
425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if he didn't notice much difference when he went off TRT, then does he really need TRT?

and why would he go back on it?

11/4/13 8:06 PM
teamquestnorth
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP -

if he didn't notice much difference when he went off TRT, then does he really need TRT?

and why would he go back on it?

To have normal T levels Phone Post
11/4/13 8:07 PM
Poet of Gore

he didn't notice the difference but still takes it.

says the doctor's are doing it to make him healthier. ok.

i don't feel like being the next skooter so i will just leave now.

11/4/13 8:17 PM
brahmabull81
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What part of, doctors say its bad to stop taking it once youve started didnt you understand, PoG?

Seriously? Just go ahead and read things and take only part of the information to keep molding your reality, bro. Seems to work for you.
11/4/13 8:23 PM
ramit upper

Battle of the juice-heads!! Wooooo!

May the juicier man win!
11/4/13 8:32 PM
Wasa-B
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it just me or did anyone else see a world of difference between Dan's speed and strength vs Machida and vs Rashad. He looked slow and weak vs Rashad, like a noticeable change in 1 fight.
11/4/13 8:37 PM
44 Magnum
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish they would just outlaw TRT. It is always a factor that is brought up in a fight even before skill sets are even mentioned... Not "He has great take-down ability, or excellent stand-up," it's, "He was been on TRT for 2+ years."

It makes the sport look bad.
11/4/13 8:45 PM
ramit upper

"TRT doesn`t matter that much"

-Still takes TRT
11/4/13 10:40 PM
Zekolas

So if testosterone does not make a difference why are lots of older fighters on TRT?

Why do some younger fighters take the risk of taking testosterone illegally (and we know they do cause some get caught)

If testosterone does not make a difference no one would go on TRT and they sure would not risk getting caught/suspended and take it illegally.

Truth is testosterone does make a difference, it allows you to train harder, recover faster; so you can train more.

That being said I think everyone regardless of age or even if they "need" it should get a TRT exemption as long as their levels do not exceed a set maximum.

for example set the limit at 900(ng/dl)(maybe higher maybe lower but pick a limit)

No matter if you are 23 or 45 make it legal to take test as long as you do not exceed the limit. I believe this is the only fair way to administer it.

So either allow TRT for everyone regardless of age/need, or ban it from everyone.
11/5/13 3:51 PM
lars_schifinkter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Is it just me or did anyone else see a world of difference between Dan's speed and strength vs Machida and vs Rashad. He looked slow and weak vs Rashad, like a noticeable change in 1 fight.

Oh it was very apparent to many brother Wasa.

TRT is making the sport look like a sideshow IMO. :(
11/5/13 4:19 PM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ramit upper - "TRT doesn`t matter that much"

-Still takes TRT
He says it won't matter for 2 months. He stays on it for health reasons.
How about read the whole article dipshit Phone Post
11/5/13 4:33 PM
Lobo8

Taking it only for health reasons, lol. Is Getting old a health issue now. Been seeing alot of Testorene commercials, and more talk about it in the media. Its becoming quite popular and no way all of these cases are legitimate. TRT is clearly meant to be anti aging drug. As you get older its natural to not have as much energy, endurance, muscle. Trt is suppose to reverse that and get you back to "normal levels". But we all know it ends doing much more.
11/5/13 4:37 PM
hendofanforlife
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is the big difference: One of them has changed massively in size over the years, going from a jacked HW to a MW. Dans always been the same size. never looked roided. Vitor however looked super roidy to begin his career, then popped, had a huge drop in his career and now is mr trt but only in brazil.
11/5/13 4:39 PM
Lazer MMA

Wasa-B - Is it just me or did anyone else see a world of difference between Dan's speed and strength vs Machida and vs Rashad. He looked slow and weak vs Rashad, like a noticeable change in 1 fight.

I'd say in RD.3

Machida just ran FFS. Shad engaged much more. Frankly with BOTH Shad and Hendo failing to get a TD they BOTH were breathing very deep even after RD.1. Hendo though could hardly move in the 3rd. No Td's = no rest & he says he does not plan to try to get TD's on Saturday either.
11/5/13 5:07 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ramit upper - "TRT doesn`t matter that much"

-Still takes TRT

I chuckled.

11/5/13 5:15 PM
Lazer MMA

Read and you'll stop YCHMR. Hendo not taking for fighting he says.
11/5/13 7:09 PM
donkey guard
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor by arm bar Phone Post 3.0
11/5/13 7:20 PM
UGCTT croy_00
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter - 
ramit upper - "TRT doesn`t matter that much"

-Still takes TRT
He says it won't matter for 2 months. He stays on it for health reasons.
How about read the whole article dipshit Phone Post

11/5/13 10:55 PM
lars_schifinkter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
Read and you'll stop YCHMR. Hendo not taking for fighting he says.

Just because he SAYS one thing doesn't mean we have to believe it or approve fren.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.