UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain didn't like idea of video game fan vote

11/6/13 7:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3356 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/06/13 7:18 AM

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/technology/boss+Dana+White+says+Cain+Velasquez+didnt+like+idea+video+game+vote/9129168/story.html

UFC boss Dana White says Cain Velasquez didn't like idea of video game fan vote

TORONTO - UFC boss Dana White says Cain Velasquez opted not to be part of the cover vote for the UFC's new video game because, as heavyweight champion, he didn't think he needed to be voted onto the cover.

Velasquez was been left off the list of 16 fan vote fighters vying to join light-heavyweight title-holder Jon (Bones) Jones on the cover of "EA Sports UFC" after failing to come to terms with video game developer Electronic Arts.

"I just think that Cain felt he's the heavyweight champion and he doesn't want to be in a vote to see if he should be on the cover," White told a conference call Tuesday.

"I can't blame him for that," he added.

The UFC's eight other champions did sign the dotted line: Jones, Demetrious Johnson (flyweight), Dominick Cruz (bantamweight), Jose Aldo (featherweight), Anthony Pettis (lightweight), Montreal's Georges St-Pierre (welterweight), Chris Weidman (middleweight) and Ronda Rousey (women's bantamweight).

The other candidates are Michael Bisping, Daniel Cormier, Ben Henderson, Johny Hendricks, Urijah Faber, Alex Gustafsson, Junior Dos Santos, Chael Sonnen and Miesha Tate.

The cover vote will run through Dec. 1, via a weekly head-to-head elimination tournament. Fans can make their picks at www.UFC.com/covervote.

Previous versions of the UFC video game were made by THQ, which featured Forrest Griffin, heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva and St-Pierre on its game covers.

The video game, currently under development at EA Canada in Vancouver, is slated for release in the spring for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
11/6/13 7:23 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
501 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bratty of him IMO. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 7:33 AM
Authority Figure
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Weird. In the old days he would have had no choice in the matter.

Also, it sounds like someone forgot what its like to be broke and struggling. Phone Post
11/6/13 8:25 AM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, tats have to be the reason. I can't wait until a program like Photoshop is available to EA. Maybe they can borrow the UFC's Photoshop they used to remove Dan Hardy's tattoo when he fought GSP.
11/6/13 8:28 AM
deadlyonetwo3
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's the heavyweight champion of the world... The alpha in all of sports. Cain Velasquez is the man. I don't find this bratty etc we don't know all the details behind it. Bottom line, he's the man. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 8:31 AM
AMartinez20

Had to be the tattoos. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 8:54 AM
Big Pookie
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It wouldn't matter anyway... he's not winning the vote with guys like GSP and Sonnen on there.
11/6/13 8:54 AM
zebers3
563 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So wait, why did he do this? Is he embarrassed that he might not get as many votes as a lighter champ? Or did he feel disrespected and that he should have got the cover over Bones?

11/6/13 8:59 AM
shaqitup
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ miesha even being mentioned Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 9:00 AM
ferox13
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomas Andersson - 
studiocamp - Yeah, tats have to be the reason. I can't wait until a program like Photoshop is available to EA. Maybe they can borrow the UFC's Photoshop they used to remove Dan Hardy's tattoo when he fought GSP.

lol @ having someone on the cover without his main tattoo

Well the 2nd one had Brock posed so you couldn't see this penile sword tattoo:

11/6/13 9:10 AM
Authority Figure

studiocamp - Yeah, tats have to be the reason. I can't wait until a program like Photoshop is available to EA. Maybe they can borrow the UFC's Photoshop they used to remove Dan Hardy's tattoo when he fought GSP.
Legit lol Phone Post
11/6/13 10:12 AM
Chris27

Joshua King - That's the biggest load of bs damage control I ever heard.

This is not real.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY'D HAVE AN ODD COMBO OF BONES AND TATE?BISPING?

it's the stupidest thing ever and Douchey to hold a fan vote as a guise for viral marketing.

Bones Vs Gus on the cover is the only logical choice as that fight happened and was a shining jewel of what UFC has to offer.

If it is anyone other than that, say honda or gsp it will be the mma equivalent to a tiger beat teeny bop mag. Phone Post 3.0

Why would Gus be on the cover?

It should be Jones and Ronda and thats probably what it will end up being.  The two new UFC stars of the future, one male and one female. 

11/6/13 10:15 AM
Devlin
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how funny would it be if bisping ends up on the cover over the champs. Phone Post
11/6/13 10:17 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

GayGuardMooseSaucy - Bratty of him IMO. Phone Post 3.0
At first I thought this. Then I remembered his retarded tattoo. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 10:33 AM
dirtymonkey22
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well fuck Cain i like to watch him fight and all but hes always seemed a little off to me Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 11:24 AM
Heroic Rise
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My brain hurts from reading this thread Phone Post
11/6/13 11:29 AM
Don_Dada
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait, Miesha Tait is on the shortlist but Cat isn't? lol

11/6/13 11:31 AM
I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN
363 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King - That's the biggest load of bs damage control I ever heard.

This is not real.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY'D HAVE AN ODD COMBO OF BONES AND TATE?BISPING?

it's the stupidest thing ever and Douchey to hold a fan vote as a guise for viral marketing.

Bones Vs Gus on the cover is the only logical choice as that fight happened and was a shining jewel of what UFC has to offer.

If it is anyone other than that, say honda or gsp it will be the mma equivalent to a tiger beat teeny bop mag. Phone Post 3.0

i'd give miesha the bone....

11/6/13 11:37 AM
NerveBlock
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely because of the dumbass tattoo. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 11:38 AM
NerveBlock
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely because of the dumbass tattoo. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 11:47 AM
Rob San Soo

Tattoo !!!! Lmao Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 11:55 AM
TARRat
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Voted - why not?

Rousey
Bisping
Pettis
GSP
Cruz
Aldo
Cormier
JDS

In theory, it "feels" like it should be either GSP or Ronda.
11/6/13 12:02 PM
MexiCain AmeriCain
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should put all the champs on the damn cover Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 12:03 PM
-Im Pimped out to Dodger by King Cain-

Tomas Andersson - Nice cover up story for the tattoo issues thats for sure.
. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 12:04 PM
-Im Pimped out to Dodger by King Cain-

Tomas Andersson - Nice cover up story for the tattoo issues thats for sure.
. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.