UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cain didn't like idea of video game fan vote

11/6/13 3:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah Dana White said it so of course it must be true. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 3:17 PM
-D0DG3R D0GG13-
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WTF?!!

Stupid phone. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 3:17 PM
-D0DG3R D0GG13-

WTF?!!

Stupid phone. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 3:20 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tomas Andersson - Nice cover up story for the tattoo issues thats for sure.

The tattoo doesn't bother me personally, but it's obvious that's what this is... just avoiding the "Brown Pride" drama.

11/6/13 4:49 PM
tenchu
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, screw the democratic process and having fans choose who should be on the cover.
11/6/13 5:16 PM
Thacommish
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meisha? Bisping? no barao?
11/6/13 6:32 PM
WMnax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm kinda with Cain here. He is the HW champ seems like a no brainer. Was Jones voted on? Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 6:32 PM
WMnax

Was jones voted on? I'm think I'm with Cain here Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 6:33 PM
GaryColeman

Of course it's because of the tattoo... They know people are idiots and would cause a big fuss about having a violent Mexican that may or may not hate white people on the cover of something they created.

All of this could have been avoided if they picked their own god damn cover. anyone actually cares who is on the cover of a video game is probably going to die a virgin. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 6:35 PM
GaryColeman

Of course it's because of the tattoo... They know people are idiots and would cause a big fuss about having a violent Mexican that may or may not hate white people on the cover of something they created.

All of this could have been avoided if they picked their own god damn cover. anyone actually cares who is on the cover of a video game is probably going to die a virgin. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 6:44 PM
Meohfumado
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well EA is being sued for using tattoos on athletes already...
11/6/13 8:43 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

Brown Pride has a big ego, can't wait for someone to beat him.
11/6/13 9:00 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda and Jonny Bones on the cover is likely.

Add Miesha and it'll look like the cover of a DVD I used to really enjoy watching. Phone Post
11/6/13 9:36 PM
sillypants
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes, I'm sure that it has NOTHING to do with him having a tattoo across his chest that could easily be considered racist.

Not saying it is or isn't, but if a white fighter had a tattoo that said, "White Pride", i'm confident it would be interpreted as racist.

11/6/13 9:44 PM
ApolloRD
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cain might be one of the best heavyweights we have ever seen, but he's not winning any popularity contests with casual fans outside of Mexico. I think that annoys him, he wouldn't want to see how few votes he would get..

And I don't think the tat is an issue, he's got plenty of sponsorship deals in the past. Phone Post
11/6/13 9:51 PM
KingOfFighters

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
GSP24 - Brown Pride isn't like Brown Power. FFS. Phone Post 3.0
What about like "white pride"? Because I guarantee you that if I had "white pride" tattooed across my chest, I would be widely considered racist. Phone Post
go ahead and get it you pansy, instead of whining.about it in every thread. rep your white pride, it's a free country Phone Post
11/6/13 10:48 PM
thatkidrichard91

Jesus Christ people bitch about everything! Its a tattoo for crying out loud, what's it matter to you? When you wake up tomorrow, is your life going to change in any way because Cain has Brown Pride tattooed on him? People watch a sport where guys get their faces smashed in and limbs snapped, but cry about a tattoo. Give me a break Phone Post
11/7/13 4:27 AM
Y2JB

I'm guessing that they didn't want a racist tattoo on the cover of the videogame.
11/7/13 4:47 AM
MMALOGIC

the cover should be bones, cain and ronda.  You essentially cover every demographic with those 3.

11/7/13 5:05 AM
RollHighAllDay

Good, because I didn't like the idea of brown pride being printed on the front of any video game I buy. Phone Post 3.0
11/7/13 5:18 AM
Jack_Bauer
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

the cover should be bones, cain and ronda.  You essentially cover every demographic with those 3.

Except for White land owning males

11/7/13 5:53 AM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is definitely precedence for Cain feeling this way. Dana alludes to it himself and says he doesn't blame him for how he feels, though it does seem out of character for the usually humble Cain to say that and seems more like spin from Dana.

In the glory days of boxing, being the heavyweight champ was the most prestigious title in all of sports. In the original olympics during the days of ancient Greece, combat sports were known as "the heavy events" because there were no weight classes and the bigger guys dominated. It's only with the invention of weight classes that all these light fighters can be in a position to gain greater recognition than the heavyweights.

Cain is the best fighter in the world. Pound for pound be damned. Throw them all in a cage and he'd be tossing midgets around until only he's left.

Now if both spots on the cover had to be voted in it wouldn't be as bad, but the LHW champ Jon Jones got a free ticket in. The guy that many criticize for cutting weight and using his size advantage to pick on the smaller guys gets the automatic spot instead of the champ from the weight class that Jones is running away from? If you're the HW champ, you might feel like the promotion doesn't hold you and your weight class in the same regard that it was due historically and feel a bit slighted.
11/7/13 6:43 AM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it will 100% be Jones and Rousey

no other pairing makes sense in terms of the game's cover dynamic and shelf-life

unless the guys at Anonymous get together and make a huge push for Demetrious Johnson and EA/UFC think its legit and representative of market want
11/7/13 6:49 AM
Tolstolobic

I think that that would be most obvious choice to pick champions on the cover and that's how Cain sees it Phone Post
11/7/13 1:10 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

KingOfFighters -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -
GSP24 - Brown Pride isn't like Brown Power. FFS. Phone Post 3.0
What about like "white pride"? Because I guarantee you that if I had "white pride" tattooed across my chest, I would be widely considered racist. Phone Post
go ahead and get it you pansy, instead of whining.about it in every thread. rep your white pride, it's a free country Phone Post
Please show me any other thread where I've even discussed Cain's tattoo. Or you could just continue to completely make shit up. Until then, please go fuck yourself. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.