UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Boxer Magomed Abdusalamov On Life Support

11/6/13 10:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/11/6/5072778/boxer-magomed-abdusalamov-update-condition-life-support-stroke-coma-mike-perez

As we previously reported, boxer Magomed Abdusalamov has been in a medically-induced coma since his HBO fight Saturday night with Mike Perez. The latest update to his condition is, sadly, not a good one.

BoxingScene.com reports that Abdusalamov is now on life support as his condition has worsened. Shortly after being put into the coma, his condition stabilized. However, he has since suffered a stroke, resluting in his current condition.

The boxing community has come together in their support for Abdusalamov and have set up a fund to help with his medical bills (via BoxingScene):

"We are going to do what we need to do for Magomed. He and his family are going to need our help," Sampson Lewkowicz said in a statement released Tuesday. "He is going to need financial assistance for the medical bills for his treatment, and for his family who are faced with an urgent financial crunch from this terrible accident."

"We cannot, as a boxing family, turn our backs on the brave men and women who compete in our sport when they need us most," Lewkowicz continued." We are going to do everything possible to help him get back on his feet. Magomed will never fight again, but he is a good man and a brave man with a nice family. We are going to make sure they all pull through this intact. That is the right thing to do. Every dollar will help."

Details on contributing to the fund can be found here. The WBC has already pledged $50,000 towards the fund.

Mike Perez, Abdusalamov's opponent Saturday night, released the following statement:

‘Mago' is in my thoughts and prayers and I hope he recovers quickly. He fought like a true warrior, I'm happy to be victorious but my main concern is for his health.

We will continue to update you on Abdusalamov's condition. Until then, please join us in sending your thoughts out to Mago and his family.
11/6/13 10:46 AM
Chris27

This is terrible. 

11/6/13 10:50 AM
UGCTT_EnderTL
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn. Thoughts are with his family. Hopefully he pulls through.

Scary when this happens under a comission. Phone Post
11/6/13 11:06 AM
GarlicSauce

So sad. I hope he pulls through :(

Imagine how many lives would be saved if boxing was banned. What a brutal sport.
11/6/13 11:06 AM
MarkRobinson
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man/ that's fucking horrible. I hope he pulls through. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 11:07 AM
MarkRobinson
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh man, that's fuckin terrible. I hope he pulls through. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 12:15 PM
Frames4Life

They planned to induce him into a coma whilst they performed surgery to remove a small blood clott but he suffered a stroke while he was at the hospital.

Terrible news :( Phone Post
11/6/13 12:16 PM
Frames4Life

GarlicSauce - So sad. I hope he pulls through :(

Imagine how many lives would be saved if boxing was banned. What a brutal sport.
My only wish is that it was you in that coma and not him.

Cunt. Phone Post
11/6/13 5:31 PM
MMA Playwright
745 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It's possible he could be in a coma forever. It's possible he could be in a coma for a few more weeks," Lewkowicz said. "No one knows. That's why they have to monitor the situation. You really have no clue. It's basically on the individual."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/boxing/2013/11/06/boxer-abdusalamov-suffers-stroke-on-life-support/3450885/

11/6/13 5:35 PM
Col Angus
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow. Very sad news. He fought with a great deal of heart. I hope he pulls through, and returns to good health.
11/6/13 6:24 PM
NiteProwleR
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude's face looked like he had been through a major heart attack by the 6th round. It was tough to watch. Hope he recovers he has the heart of a lion.
11/6/13 6:29 PM
endochokedme
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn I hope he recovers
11/6/13 6:38 PM
TuLegit

Frames4Life -

Cunt. Phone Post
Wow. You're an asshole. Phone Post 3.0
11/6/13 6:38 PM
TuLegit

Frames4Life -

Cunt. Phone Post
11/6/13 6:40 PM
YousHerName
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn I watched that fight. It was fucking brutal. I had no idea about this though. Sad Phone Post
11/6/13 7:26 PM
Frames4Life

TuLegit -
Frames4Life -

Cunt. Phone Post
Trolling on threads like this = Cunt. Phone Post
11/6/13 8:40 PM
NiteProwleR
1333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its hard to blame the ref or the corner since he was fighting back hard. He was not all there, I think the ringside doc should have looked a little closer. Broken jaw, concussion, closed eyes. There were many reasons to stop that fight.

11/6/13 11:07 PM
dennis5
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hope he pulls through.
11/7/13 1:32 AM
MarkRobinson

Frames4Life -
TuLegit -
Frames4Life -

Cunt. Phone Post
Trolling on threads like this = Cunt. Phone Post
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0
11/7/13 10:12 AM
GarlicSauce

TuLegit - 
Frames4Life -

Cunt. Phone Post

He indeed is. We have a guy in a coma, suffered a stroke, is very close to death, and I called for the reason he's suffering all this (i.e. lots of blows to the head) to be banned, so lives would be saved.

That offended him so much. If that means boxers should suffer and die, then so be it. Just don't take Frames4Life's entertainment, that's a lot more important than people's lives.
11/7/13 10:39 AM
Frames4Life

GarlicSauce -
TuLegit - 
Frames4Life -

Cunt. Phone Post

He indeed is. We have a guy in a coma, suffered a stroke, is very close to death, and I called for the reason he's suffering all this (i.e. lots of blows to the head) to be banned, so lives would be saved.

That offended him so much. If that means boxers should suffer and die, then so be it. Just don't take Frames4Life's entertainment, that's a lot more important than people's lives.
Stop it troll cunt. You're not fooling anyone. Phone Post
11/7/13 10:52 AM
JOB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit. I watched this fight, and didn't know this happened. Damn. Guy fought like a warrior too, took some heavy shots. Was a cracker of a fight. This is just fucked.

I love boxing, but everytime I hear one of these stories I feel guilty for getting pleasure out of the misery of others.
11/7/13 11:06 AM
latinthunder
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is why fans & fighters should never bitch about doctors stopping the fight.
11/7/13 12:44 PM
PoundforPound
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/07/13 12:49 PM
NiteProwleR - Its hard to blame the ref or the corner since he was fighting back hard.

Yeah, there were times when I thought they might stop it but then he would come back with some pretty big bombs of his own. He was never completely out of the fight so I can see why his corner was hesitant to call it off.

I don't know if the ring doctor could have done more or spotted some early signs of trouble. The broken jaw wouldn't be enough since boxers have fought through those before.
11/7/13 12:58 PM
mikedudikoff

I thought he was in stable condition?

that was a brutal fight. Im surprised John David Jackson, who is an excellent corner man didn;t stop the fight. Mago hits so fuckign hard that i think they were betting on him landing that one bomb.

sad situation.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.