UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendo: I'll consider retirement, in two years

11/7/13 8:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The UFC has 395 fighters under contract,  which is "nearly 400 fighters" as UFC announcer Mike Goldberg Goldie helpfully explained. The oldest fighter of them all is Dan Henderson, 43. An obvious question is when he might retire? However, ahead of his UFC Fight Night 32 rematch with Vitor Belfort, Hendo told MMAJunkie that it will be years.

"I've never, ever said I was going to stop fighting," said Henderson, who has never been knocked out. "Win or lose, I'm still going to fight."

"I feel great, and for me that's a big part of being able to perform well is how I feel. I feel great for this fight.

"I feel good and I know I'm able to compete with the top guys in the sport. I'm thinking it will be at least two years before I talk about retiring."

"[My goal is] try to be the best guy out there, which means getting a belt or having a title shot. Those are the goals and that's what I'm striving toward achieving."

Henderson expanded on the retirement remarks in an interview with MMAFighting.

"At least five fights," said Henderson. "We’ll see what happens, but my body is feeling good. As long as I can get that going, I’ll be fine. But I don’t see myself fighting for more than five or six fights."

What do you think UG? Randy Couture won a UFC world title at age 43. Can Hendo do it too?

11/7/13 8:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RicGillespie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably wants another shot at Silva. No doubt that loss is one that haunts him a bit more then others.
11/7/13 8:20 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMO Server Files, The Cook

its amazing how TRT is progressing the careers of fighters. Whilst people say its bad but when it comes to fighter such as Hendo, Belfort and people alike, don't you wan't to see them compete longer? 

11/7/13 8:26 PM
DoomFarmer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MentaL -

its amazing how TRT is progressing the careers of fighters. Whilst people say its bad but when it comes to fighter such as Hendo, Belfort and people alike, don't you wan't to see them compete longer? 

Exactly.

It's a good thing Phone Post 3.0
11/7/13 8:36 PM
Ironhouse
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wrestlers from Hendo's era and before are a different breed of tough.

WAR HENDO!
11/7/13 9:02 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see it, but, wish him the absolute best. He's had a remarkable career.

11/7/13 10:43 PM
newtotheinterweb
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's realistically only 3 or 4 more fights. His chin hasn't showed any signs of going yet so he could do it easily. Especially if its marque fights against other big name vets instead of up and comers. Phone Post 3.0
11/7/13 11:01 PM
JROTT
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a fast slide down though.. If he gets knocked out in this fight he'll probably get knocked out again in the next fight Phone Post
11/7/13 11:09 PM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Hendo

80% no homo Phone Post 3.0
11/7/13 11:14 PM
J2C1
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just like seeing exciting fights and Hendo and Vitor usually deliver just that. The longer both fight the better for me. Phone Post
11/7/13 11:19 PM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J2C1 - I just like seeing exciting fights and Hendo and Vitor usually deliver just that. The longer both fight the better for me. Phone Post
My people Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.