UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Where to train in Houston TX?

11/9/13 2:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Muggler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec -
Wade5000 - www.GoldteamTX.com
Yesss you know whats up :) Gold Team Houston is awesome and where I'm training atm :) Phone Post
You're at Macaco's? That's awesome I usually stay with him when I'm in that area. He's a great dude Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:14 PM
ilovetortillas
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Macaco is fighting next weekend at Legacy vs Carlos Diego. See y'all there!! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 5:25 PM
sly fox
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/10/13 5:30 PM
ilovetortillas - 
Zapruder - Prof Travis Tooke is a GB bb and has a FANTASTIC school. He is further north so it really matters where you are in Houston since it is so ridiculously huge

I work at the Spring location :P

Good reason to not go, I loved the houston scene until Missy came back :(

Travis is a good teacher... theres tons of options in Houston, you cant swing a cat without hitting a BJJ blackbelt... the last count when we stopped the site on thecagedoor.net was something like 82 mma/bjj gyms in the houston area

11/10/13 6:49 PM
ilovetortillas
247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks a lot, jerk! LMAO!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 7:12 PM
Lurkdaddy316
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces - Elite MMA is really good too. They have 2-3 in Houston. Phone Post 3.0

My two oldest boys train at one of the Elite MMA schools. Can't speak for the adult classes, but they're great with the kids.
11/10/13 8:28 PM
sly fox
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RowdyBec - 
Wade5000 - www.GoldteamTX.com
Yesss you know whats up :) Gold Team Houston is awesome and where I'm training atm :) Phone Post

Macacos a cool guy, soa re bobby and jeremy, Im surprised Macaco can understand you though, he has real trouble with my accent

11/10/13 8:29 PM
sly fox

ilovetortillas - Thanks a lot, jerk! LMAO!!! Phone Post 3.0

:) see you at legacy

11/11/13 10:39 AM
cswhitey321
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sly fox -
ilovetortillas - 
Zapruder - Prof Travis Tooke is a GB bb and has a FANTASTIC school. He is further north so it really matters where you are in Houston since it is so ridiculously huge

Travis is a good teacher... theres tons of options in Houston, you cant swing a cat without hitting a BJJ blackbelt... the last count when we stopped the site on thecagedoor.net was something like 82 mma/bjj gyms in the houston area

Yeah that's how Dallas was before I left. Sounds like I won't have a problem finding a place in Houston, I got real spoiled here in Albuquerque with the huge fight scene... Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 1:31 PM
sly fox

cswhitey321 - 
sly fox -
ilovetortillas - 

Yeah that's how Dallas was before I left. Sounds like I won't have a problem finding a place in Houston, I got real spoiled here in Albuquerque with the huge fight scene... Phone Post 3.0

I actually think the fight scene is bigger in Houston than Dallas... Legacy started from here, there are some decent ammy promotions, and Fury has just started which Missy (ILT) is involved in, plus IXFA is based out of here...pretty crazy really and there are a few BJJ schools with 400+ members... Muay Thai has started to get a  following here finally... Rillion spends a fair bit of time at his school thats here

11/11/13 2:02 PM
ilovetortillas

sly fox - 
ilovetortillas - Thanks a lot, jerk! LMAO!!! Phone Post 3.0

:) see you at legacy

see you there, mate! ;)
11/11/13 2:04 PM
ilovetortillas

sly fox - 
cswhitey321 - 
sly fox -
ilovetortillas - 

I actually think the fight scene is bigger in Houston than Dallas... Legacy started from here, there are some decent ammy promotions, and Fury has just started which Missy (ILT) is involved in, plus IXFA is based out of here...pretty crazy really and there are a few BJJ schools with 400+ members... Muay Thai has started to get a  following here finally... Rillion spends a fair bit of time at his school thats here

Thanks for the love, bro. The first Fury show went pretty damn good. Jace has a list of things we need to improve on going into the next one, so expect an even better second event!! :)
11/11/13 2:54 PM
donedat34
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces - 
donedat34 - I trained at Ulpianos yesterday, man he is so techinacal and liek others have said there are several BB running through there.

My home Gym is GB Katy and professor Ted and Professor Pat are super great.

both teach at a super techinacl rate.

like sly fox said in Houston you just need a home gym, you can go to all of the gym in the area.

i go to ulpianos at lunch and my gym at night.

you cant go wrong at either place.
Your right next to me Phone Post 3.0

where is right next to me? a fellow ug'er near by is always good.
11/11/13 2:55 PM
donedat34
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IIAces - 
donedat34 - I trained at Ulpianos yesterday, man he is so techinacal and liek others have said there are several BB running through there.

My home Gym is GB Katy and professor Ted and Professor Pat are super great.

both teach at a super techinacl rate.

like sly fox said in Houston you just need a home gym, you can go to all of the gym in the area.

i go to ulpianos at lunch and my gym at night.

you cant go wrong at either place.
GB Katy just had a girl in legacy fighting not long ago also. Phone Post 3.0

actually the young lady that fought Holm was from GB alaska, she was just traiing with us till fight time. for only ahving 2 fights she did great against holms.
11/23/13 5:03 PM
cswhitey321
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok the job transfer went through! we'll be hitting the ground in Houston in January. After exploring all our options it looks like we will be renting an apartment by the Garden Oaks area at 34th and N. Shepherd. What is the best for BJJ close to there?! Phone Post 3.0
11/23/13 5:11 PM
Liyon
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Off the top of my head, probably Jeff Messina at Revolution BJJ
11/23/13 6:08 PM
cswhitey321

Liyon - Off the top of my head, probably Jeff Messina at Revolution BJJ
Cool I will check them out. Thanks bro, VU! Phone Post 3.0
11/25/13 5:33 PM
ilovetortillas

Team Tooke Main location is about 20 minutes from there too.
11/25/13 6:44 PM
cswhitey321

ilovetortillas - Team Tooke Main location is about 20 minutes from there too.
Cool ill have to check them out too. They're in spring right? Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad. I'd like to find a place to do early AM BJJ for a change... That's always hit or miss though Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 2:23 PM
ilovetortillas

cswhitey321 -
Cool ill have to check them out too. They're in spring right? Hopefully the traffic won't be too bad. I'd like to find a place to do early AM BJJ for a change... That's always hit or miss though Phone Post 3.0
There is one in Spring (I work there) the main location is off 249. My bf teaches at several of the locations and was thinking about doing an early morning class at the main one. If he does, I will let you know. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 2:47 PM
IIAces
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lurkdaddy316 -
IIAces - Elite MMA is really good too. They have 2-3 in Houston. Phone Post 3.0

My two oldest boys train at one of the Elite MMA schools. Can't speak for the adult classes, but they're great with the kids.
They have a few. I know Baytown has great adult classes. My cousin trains there. 4oz is where Derrick Lewis trains. That's towards the cypress area. Phone Post 3.0
11/30/13 2:56 PM
cswhitey321

ilovetortillas -
cswhitey321 -
There is one in Spring (I work there) the main location is off 249. My bf teaches at several of the locations and was thinking about doing an early morning class at the main one. If he does, I will let you know. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe I'm retarded but I couldn't find the schedule on their website... Phone Post 3.0
12/2/13 2:18 PM
ilovetortillas

Good news... you're not retarded! Something is wrong with the website. Thanks for the heads up. I'll post the scheduled when I get to the gym tonight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.