UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> McGregor: I'd like no time limits, no rounds

11/8/13 5:25 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Connor McGregor has quickly made a name for himself amongst UFC featherweights, but more so with his comments outside the cage, although he is 2-0 since debuting in the UFC. McGregor is one of those guys that just loves to fight and loves to talk shit, but what he'd really like is to just fight man to man until one man breaks:

UFC featherweight Conor McGregor would like to turn back the clock to the early days of the sport and eliminate rounds and time limits.

“Me, personally, I’d love to scratch it all and do no time limit, not separation, no nothing. Let the contest go, and it’s over when it’s over,” said the Irishman during a recent question and answer session in Manchester, England.

“People say, ‘we want a finish.’ Trust me, someone will break. No time, a man will break,” added the outspoken 25-year-old.

read entire article...

11/8/13 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Connor is a warrior! Phone Post
11/8/13 10:33 PM
D241

That's what I have BEEN talking about!

Fight to finish, and don't be afraid to call fights draws if their is any doubt.

11/8/13 10:37 PM
brahmabull81
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well then honestly with his busted leg wouldnt Max Holloway have eventually fucked him up if that was the case in his last fight?

He sure was thankful for the time limit there.

Still, I see what hes saying and I agree.
11/8/13 11:00 PM
ausgepicht

Would be a wonderful way to shove the incompetent and corrupt judges up Kizer's pompous ass.

11/9/13 12:16 AM
Yussarian
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - 

Would be a wonderful way to shove the incompetent and corrupt judges up Kizer's pompous ass.

11/9/13 6:34 PM
ausgepicht

MARC BULGER -  Somebody is becoming a whiney Cunt like Ronda. Phone Post

Problem is no one has heard of you.

11/9/13 6:41 PM
Fresh Prince
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP said something along the same lines on JRE. Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:21 PM
D241

LibraryCard -  I want this as well.

You could always do a 20-30 minute time limit and call a fight a draw if no one finished within that time.

I don't want mma to be a 'sport' as much as I want it to be a 'fight'. Too many guys winning rounds and not going for the win. 20-30 mins should be enough for a wrestler to grind out a win unlike all the decisions they rack up with the 3x5 format.

It's more realistic towards what a fight really is, which is what drew me to mma in the first place.

If an mma organization implements this like Bellator or one overseas it could change the game. Phone Post

And then I read comments like this that totally restores my faith in mma fans. LibraryCard gets it.

Card=awesome contributer for news and weigh in pics, etc....

Card5=great OG afterdark contributor

LibraryCard=gets it. Understands what UFC was built on.  Please, with your mindset anytime you have an opportunity to tell it like it is, please don't waste that opportunity. Power of words my friend.

11/9/13 7:22 PM
D241

MARC BULGER -  Somebody is becoming a whiney Cunt like Ronda. Phone Post

It's always funny to read a comment like this and not think the author is coming off the exact same way :)
11/9/13 7:28 PM
Buck 65

hopefully the ufc stops sitting around with their thumb up their butts and actually implements this. It's the obvious next step to take for this sport.
11/9/13 8:48 PM
SQUEEZIE

i completely concur.
11/9/13 10:40 PM
flemingo
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sakuraba vs royce rules maybe 90 minutes of solid ass kicking would be fun to see maybe to settle contentious championship decisions like jones vs gustaffson

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.