UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The night I partied with DAN HENDERSON!!!!! - Pics

11/9/13 5:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sgotwalks
922 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/13 6:14 AM

Have you ever had some pictures of yourself that you would like to throw away because you forgot to wear a hat on your big white bald head before that early summer tan has an opportunity to work itself into your skin tone, but you can't throw them away because fucking Dan Henderson has gone and brought his coolness to the image? Well I have.......and I've been hiding them from the internets ever since.

Anyhow, I consider boasting about my good times with Dan every time he fights, but then I don't because I am not drunk on Rye enough to do so. Well, it just so happens that tonight I have had enough Canadian Rye not to give a fuck. With Dan's big fight tomorrow I am in the mood to tell my story.

I was in Montreal with some good compadres whom I work with. It was UFC 83, Canada's first ever UFC event featuring GSP, when he won his title back from Matt Serra, and it was the night before the fights, maybe two nights I don't recall. Early in the evening Dan is attenting some event at a bar we were in and I found my way over for this picture with him. As if that wasn't cool enough..........

.........as it turned out that bar sucked so we moved around the corner to Wanda's Strip Club where we were hanging out in the VIP room (Not what it seems, more about having couches and a little section to yourself upstairs), and who shows up shortly after we arrive..........none other than Hollywood himself. He recognizes us from the previous bar and decides to join us. Being tied into the industry in some respect we were able to talk more than the usual annoying fanfare gibberish with him, which may have kept him around for the long haul. Regardless, how can you not be consumed by his coolness while devouring drinks with him over a 2 to 3 hour period. 

As the beautiful skanks were getting ready to call it a night and the bouncers were calling for everybody to hit the bricks, we decided we were going to jump in a cab and head to The Circus (montreal's infamous after hours club), and low and behold.........doesn't Dan (and the two cuties who had joined us) decide to jump into the cab and join the party. Unfucking believable, less than three months after driving an hour to the nearest town from my home in the middle of mountainous buttfuck nowhere (British Columbia) to watch his fight with Anderson at a bar, here I was riding shotgun while Hendo was in the back seat of our cab.........heading across the city to party into the wee hours of the morning in Montreal with Dan henderson.

We did just that, and we danced and partied until about 6:30 am. I am sorry that the pics stopped where they did, but it is probably for the best. I did not own a cell phone at the time so any pictures I have were thanks to my buddy who is trying to tongue Dan's ear. That friend was pretty fucking drunk, and I remember at one point in the night (after he had annoyed the fuck out of the Champ, he was telling Dan that he needs to see his Harley, He should go for a ride on his bike, to which Dan responded "I don't wanna ride your bike......your bike has no seat!"

That was awesome!

11/9/13 5:49 AM
sgotwalks
922 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luckily enough, I was working at the MMA Expo in Toronto a couple months later and guess who was there? Yepper! Knowing he was going to be at the event I was smart enough to print off an 8x10 picture of my night with him in the hope of getting it signed. At the same time, I was able to grab another goofy fucking picture with him that is no easier to show than the original because for some inexplicable reason I had my tongue out like I was hoping for a kiss. Not sure what that was about, but again.......because the picture was with Hendo I cannot hide it forever!

11/9/13 5:50 AM
sgotwalks

Oh ya, and here is the signed pic that I was able to bring home after my second encounter with the Champ!

11/9/13 5:55 AM
sgotwalks

Needless to say, as if Dan wasn't already legendary enough in my mind, he shot to the top of the list. Now when he fights it is as if I am screaming at my own brother on the TV. Ya, we're that close now..........at least in my mind. Sure we haven't spoke since, and he kinda seemed like he didn't remember me the second time we met.......I know he is just playing it cool, and he wonders how I am doing the same as I do him. Good guy! We'll connect again someday and talk about the good times gone bye, I'm sure.

In the meantime, if Dan beats Vitor tomorrow I am blowing my 8X10 up to a 12 x 14 and getting a new frame for my wall of fame!

11/9/13 6:07 AM
MirkoWasRapedLikePerfectSoldierImTouched
1645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/13 6:07 AM

No shit, we may have met in 2008 (not pulling your leg). Small world!

Very very sweet story!

11/9/13 6:11 AM
My gi is my sword
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why the fuck didn't you tell this story sooner! Phone Post
11/9/13 6:18 AM
sgotwalks

MirkoWasRapedLikePerfectSoldierImTouched - 

Very very sweet story!

Is it possible that you are Letibleu (or something like that) with a new handle? Signature bet loss perhaps?

11/9/13 6:20 AM
the incredible hogan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

confirms what I had always suspected - hendo is fucken awesome

11/9/13 6:24 AM
Edelweiss
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great story! I'm glad you finally shared it. Phone Post
11/9/13 6:33 AM
sgotwalks

One of the two hotties can barely be seen in the picture ^^^^^ up there with Dan at our table, she was brunette, and don't let the nose you can barely see fool you, her ass made up for any possible short comings, which really weren't short in coming at all.

Anyhow, the other hottie is seen in the pic below with my buddy. The best part is, after we got back to our hotel at about 7am, my friend was genuinely pissed because he swears Dan cock blocked him from getting this sweet thing back to the room. He still thinks this is the case...........that's why I love this guy. He is delusional, and fun to party with!

She was a sweetheart!

11/9/13 6:48 AM
1645 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks - 
MirkoWasRapedLikePerfectSoldierImTouched - 

Very very sweet story!

Is it possible that you are Letibleu (or something like that) with a new handle? Signature bet loss perhaps?

No, I am 

11/9/13 6:54 AM
sgotwalks

^ Lol. We may well have met, but to be honest I am lucky I remembered meeting Dan Henderson in the state I ended the night(s) in Montreal.

11/9/13 7:00 AM
sgotwalks

Another very cool person I was fortunate enough to meet early in the evening was none other than legenday trainer, the late, great Shawn Tompkins. This was one extremely humble and endearing dude and I am happy to have had the brief encounter with him that I did.

Too bad about the bright lights on my fat head once again............I haven't been lit up like that since I was cuffed to a table in the interrogation room by Peel's finest many years ago. 

11/9/13 7:01 AM
Swooper
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could just be Ed Kowalczyk's doppelgänger. Great story mate. Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:10 AM
ShanTheMan
656 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome Phone Post
11/9/13 7:10 AM
sgotwalks

Swooper - You could just be Ed Kowalczyk's doppelgänger. Great story mate. Phone Post 3.0

Holy fuck, I had to google the name and.............

.............that's kinda weird to look at. Good call man, I hope this guy's not a jerkoff. If I pretend to be him will it get me laid? Joking, I'm happily married. Would it get me free drinks?

11/9/13 7:11 AM
ghost of KVR
633 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHomeSteadingBoards.com, Owner

source?

j/k, great story man

11/9/13 7:11 AM
garrote
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:15 AM
Swooper
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck Yeah he's the lead singer of Live Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:20 AM
TEN10TEN
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chick is hot. Isn't Dan married? Phone Post
11/9/13 7:24 AM
Brabo Ben
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, a legend in and out of the cage Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:29 AM

Edited: 11/09/13 7:30 AM
sgotwalks - 
Swooper - You could just be Ed Kowalczyk's doppelgänger. Great story mate. Phone Post 3.0

Holy fuck, I had to google the name and.............

.............that's kinda weird to look at. Good call man, I hope this guy's not a jerkoff. If I pretend to be him will it get me laid? Joking, I'm happily married. Would it get me free drinks?

He is a homosexual.

Let us know how those free drinks go :)

11/9/13 7:35 AM
sgotwalks

Edited: 11/09/13 7:36 AM

^Lol!

Here it is..........the picture on my wall (in my glorious man cave) that I will be blowing up in size shortly after hendo plants the 'H' Bomb on Vitors chin tomorrow night to continue the legendary run, joining the likes of other recent ageless wonders Bernard Hopkins and Randy Couture.

If you look to the left of my autographed picture with Dan, you will find a picture of some skinny twit with a magnificent, flat head of hair standing beside none other than Sugar Ray Leonard. Well, that skinny twit was me at 16 years-old at the Cabbagetown Boxing Club in Toronto. 

Shawn O'Sullivan had recently won the silver medal (robbed for the gold) for Canada at the 84 Olympics and was being managed by Mike Trainer, the same fellow who was managing Leonard at the time. One day my coach, who was a crotchety old fucker that lived in the gym and had taken a genuine likeness to me says "Hey kid, how would you like to meet Sugar Ray," to which I responded the obvious response. I was giddy as all fuck. He told me to come in an hour early the following day "and don't tell the other boys!"

I showed up and the gym was full of media types, filming and snapping pictures of O'Sullivan and Leonard in the midst of a sparring session. There I was about 10 feet away from greatness at work. Fuck......WOW!!! 

Afterwards, caoch says, come on in kid, and waves me into his office where he and Leonard and about three other men are talking. I got to have me picture taken with Sugar Ray, and he asked me about my first fight which I'd fought about a week previous (won by TKO in 52 seconds.......highlight of my career). 

Funny thing is my coach took the picture of us in front of the window on a sunny day, so when it came back about two weeks later all you could see was two silhouettes. My friends and family laughed at me after I had been boasting of this great picture i was going to show them. You have to realize that this was the old days when people used film in the camera and there were no computers, let alone photoshop, so I was fucked!

I lucked out, there was a girl (Silvia Pecota) who worked out regualrly at the gym and she worked as a photographer for the Toronto Sun taking pictures of the Sunshine Boys, lol! She took the negatives in to the Sun and worked her magic, and I got back six 8 x 10's that turned out like you see in the picture on my wall above. I am grateful to coach (Ken Hamilton) and Sylvia Pecota to this day.

11/9/13 7:37 AM
sgotwalks

TEN10TEN -  Chick is hot. Isn't Dan married? Phone Post

I don't know. He was on his best behavior so it doesn't matter, okay..........case closed!

11/9/13 7:40 AM
Edelweiss
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TEN10TEN - Chick is hot. Isn't Dan married? Phone Post
My first thought was, "damn, sgot is throwing Dan under the bus, he is married."

Then, I thought, "she married a professional fighter, she knows the score."

I think a good balance was found between story telling and keeping "bro code." After all, we don't know where those two nice ladies ended up. Or, do we? (Insert big toothless grin) Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.