UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC Fight Night 30 Only Got 32,000 Viewers In UK

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/9/13 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarcVanBas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasn;t bt sport a free view for that whole weekend as well?
11/9/13 1:35 PM
MMALOGIC

FOTN - 
MMALOGIC - 

^ what does that matter?  The numbers for tuf 17 were better than most original programming for any cable program.  It was certainly good enough to stay on fx.  It improved fx numbers in every measure. 

Tuf 17 numbers werent good becuase the previous 2 installments sucked... it was good compared to everything else in television.

As I said earlier, compare those demo's to when TUF was on Spike TV. I've just looked up a random example - TUF 14 episode 7 on Spike had a 1.48 ratings amongst M18-49 and 1.5 million viewers.

TUF 15 and 16 were bad, but TUF 17 was just ok, and still down on the Spike TV days despite the fact they pulled out all the stops with Jones and Sonnen as coaches.

and tuf 17 on FX was virtually the same ratings as tuf 13 on spike (brock vs JDS)... and both aired in the same timeslot.

11/9/13 1:39 PM
Seats Taken
345 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ktaco -
guardbr8kr - 
DiscoNfrno - 

That because it was an atrocious card.  The only fight I even cared to see was Liz Carmouche, and she came in juiced to the gills just to get dominated by someone I've never even heard of.

You've never heard of Alexis Davis????

Beat me to it.
He probably also never heard of Liz until she fought Ronda.... Which I must say, neither did I until she started talking on twitter and it made UG news... But I've known about Alexis for awhile. Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 1:44 PM
FOTN
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're comparing an example of a low mark for TUF on Spike with the best one on FX.

"All that matters is that tuf was improving FX's audience by every measure.... that's what determines whether or not a program is successful on a network."

Easy way to disprove that...last Tuesday a movie aired on FX during the same timeslot and pulled 2.1 million viewers for a 0.9 18-49 adult rating.
11/9/13 2:02 PM
MMALOGIC

FOTN - You're comparing an example of a low mark for TUF on Spike with the best one on FX.

"All that matters is that tuf was improving FX's audience by every measure.... that's what determines whether or not a program is successful on a network."

Easy way to disprove that...last Tuesday a movie aired on FX during the same timeslot and pulled 2.1 million viewers for a 0.9 18-49 adult rating.

Oh yeah that disproves it.... ever wonder what the average for that timeslot is... why dont you go look at the last 12 weeks for that time slot.  The average is significantly lower than tufs 1.3m and 0.7 a18-49 average.  

11/9/13 3:30 PM
pegson123

Not unusual. It only got 27 thousand viewers in Australia. Phone Post
11/9/13 3:41 PM
Shaye

considering BT Sport has just won the bid to show the next 3 seasons of champions league football, I think those numbers will get a lot better...
11/9/13 4:57 PM
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much

They are building the UK channel just like they are building FS1. Another thread talks about BT Sports getting more soccer which is apparently a big deal so ratings should increase. Hopefully the next Euro card is on BTS1 and not BTS2.
11/9/13 5:05 PM
Pancake Syrup Ali
551 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much - They are building the UK channel just like they are building FS1. Another thread talks about BT Sports getting more soccer which is apparently a big deal so ratings should increase. Hopefully the next Euro card is on BTS1 and not BTS2.

As long as they keep putting cards on the weekend during the PL season the UFC will continue to be on BT Sport 2

11/9/13 5:09 PM
FOX Force Five
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't see the difference between BTS1 or BTS2 in terms of attracting a wider audience.
11/9/13 5:21 PM
MarcVanBas

Edited: 11/09/13 5:58 PM
11/9/13 7:04 PM
Huntsman
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do the ratings include people who recorded the event on sky plus???

Lots of people would have been out at parties considering it was haloween weekend. Phone Post 3.0

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.