UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attention Dana - Nick Diaz wants to get PAID

11/9/13 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/13 4:09 PM

The picture of where Nick is up to with his thoughts at any given time can be a confusing one, but i just spoke to him today and one thing is super clear his mind - he'd like to get some of that big payday money

Technically he is retired, but he is still training as he's part of Nate's camp, and he's watching this GSP/ Hendricks fight with interest

not only that, he's willing to play the PR game...

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/20178-nick-diaz-ready-to-return-but-only-for-the-big-fights

“I think Georges St. Pierre will win that fight. I watched Hendricks and Condit and I wasn’t that impressed with Hendricks. I think Georges should win with strikes rather than a wrestling match,” he says.

But it isn’t so much the fight that interests him as its potential aftermath. If St Pierre comes out with the win, where does that leave the welterweight contender picture? There’s nobody aside from Rory Macdonald who looks like a viable contender right now, and he has sworn he won’t fight his team mate.

“They are talking about there’s nobody to fight him after this. I’ll make a joke out of that real quick - I think there’s nobody on my level really. I don’t want to name names but that’s how I feel. So I feel like if the fans want to see me fight…” says Diaz, trailing off without mentioning a title fight directly.

Of late there have been numerous rumors that Diaz is interested in a fight with Michael Bisping at middleweight. He flatly refutes that; he doesn’t see it as a big fight - and by ‘big fight’ he means ‘big earner’.

“I don’t see that being a really big fight like this one fight I’m thinking I could have at welterweight,” he says, again hovering around the topic of a rematch with St. Pierre without actually calling the champion out.
11/9/13 4:22 PM
Wicked smahtMF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick deserves either a rematch with Condit or George. anything less he should refuse/ stay in retirement
11/9/13 4:23 PM
john joe
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRT Vitor Belfort - Lol Dana has plenty of other exciting fighters that would fight for him for a fraction of what Diaz wants Phone Post 3.0

diaz has a point though when he says he is a draw - he definitely is, compared to most of the others. He is a compelling character for sure
11/9/13 6:16 PM
Tad Ghostal
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRT Vitor Belfort - 
john joe -
TRT Vitor Belfort - Lol Dana has plenty of other exciting fighters that would fight for him for a fraction of what Diaz wants Phone Post 3.0

diaz has a point though when he says he is a draw - he definitely is, compared to most of the others. He is a compelling character for sure
I unno him and Condit did how many buys again? Phone Post 3.0

400,000, which is more than Marquez vs Bradley, who just got paid a combined $10M.
11/9/13 6:26 PM
StretchPlum

Problem is that no one who counts cares that he wants to get paid.
11/9/13 6:33 PM
MMALOGIC

nobody gives a fuck about a diaz rematch. 

11/9/13 6:55 PM
BobbyDigital420
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just wish he'd get back in there.

But he wants to fight for the belt. But at the same time he doesn't want to fight the young guys.

Is love to see him fight more guys in the class. So many potential fights. And he's not old or on the tale end of his career either. He has fought a lot tho. Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:06 PM
uratoker2
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Um, I like Diaz, but doesn't he have to EARN a title shot? Jesus... Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:08 PM
I LOVE GSP
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

Lies.
11/9/13 7:18 PM
uratoker2
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Android User - It's the only fight that makes sense after Georges decisions Hendricks Phone Post
Only fight that makes sense? To who??? What does that even mean..."make sense"? Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:18 PM
slamming

Android User -
MMALOGIC -

Umm, no. Biggest ppv of the year, top 3 all-time, and nobody really thinks GSP kicked Nick's ass or anything.

It was one of those fights where even though one guy won all five rounds, some small twirks in a rematch could completely reverse everything.

For Diaz it's early TDD and he knows it. He already set the record for most TDs defended against GSP in a UFC fight. He just needs to do it earlier to not fall behind on points.

Diaz by TKO, R4 Phone Post
LOL Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:19 PM
jason73
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bazza76 - I'd tune in for a Diaz GSP rematch for sure.

11/9/13 7:45 PM
D241
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd be interested in a rematch, but I would feel very ignorant if it ended up the same way as the first=GSP subdueing his opponent for 25 minutes.

I just want to see a finish. I want to see one man break another man. I don't care if it's Diaz or GSP, I just want one of them to be able to say after the fight, "he got me, he won fair and square".

11/9/13 7:46 PM
gabemadrid
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Diaz II I'd buy that Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:49 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz vs Lombard Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 7:51 PM
john joe

i really, REALLY want to see Diaz vs Condit in a manner that it could and should have been, not the 'tactical' affair it played out as

Condit has been one of my favorites since day, the guy deserves his NBKiller nickname, he destroys people. EVERYONE was expecting fireworks in that fight

yeah yeah fighting clever, gameplans, what the fuck ever. That should have been K-1 with small gloves on. That should have been a Fight of the Decade, "Holy fucking shit that was insane" R3 Sanchez/Melendez type of thing

i felt cheated
11/9/13 7:52 PM
Vote me down

Nick should fight Condit again, I know Condit said he wanted to.
11/9/13 8:07 PM
Muhammad'I'm-hard'BruceLee
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz Condit II needs to happen, whether its for #1 contender spot or not.

Title talk off 2 losses is silly talk lets be honest.
11/9/13 8:12 PM
cdueck
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Diaz needs some wins before he starts making demands. He is not that big of a draw!

11/9/13 8:17 PM
JStrongMMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I want to see Nick Diaz fight again and I don't care who it is against at this point. He is a draw and he is exactly what the UFC needs right now. Phone Post
11/9/13 8:28 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

Wicked smahtMF - Nick deserves either a rematch with Condit or George. anything less he should refuse/ stay in retirement

Deserves it based on what?
11/9/13 8:30 PM
SteveNovak

With that 950K buyrate last time they fought I'm sure Dana wouldn't mind it. The best way was would be if Diaz won a big fight first.
11/9/13 8:57 PM
IcouldhavebeenObama

As soon as Diaz gets realistic he will get a fight.
11/9/13 9:00 PM
cool hand Ed
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz needs to rematch Condit before he even puts GSP's name in his mouth again Phone Post
11/9/13 9:01 PM
theGunt
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Diaz v Paul Harris. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.