UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is it that necessary to pack Brazilian shows with

11/9/13 5:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
StretchPlum
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brazilians? It's done to a far greater degree than when it goes to other countries. For that reason, we don't see the same depth of world class fighters, by definition.
11/9/13 5:50 PM
StretchPlum

Answered my own question. Soccer level mentality
11/9/13 6:30 PM
Steve4192
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/09/13 6:34 PM
To be fair, part of the reason it is "done to a far greater degree than when it goes to other countries" is because there are a LOT more great Brazilian fighters than there are of any other nationality.

In other markets, Zuffa has to beat the bushes to find a handful of local fighters who can be successful in the UFC. In Brazil, they are all over the fucking place. You can't shake a stick down there without whacking a quality pro fighter or two.
11/9/13 6:31 PM
StretchPlum

true. You'd never hear the end of it if US crowds acted like that. A USA USA chant is considered an international atrocity.
11/9/13 6:35 PM
I LOVE GSP
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wish Americans would use a little imagination, USA USA is about the equivalent of the wave as far as lame Chants go.
11/9/13 6:36 PM
Steve4192
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StretchPlum - true. You'd never hear the end of it if US crowds acted like that. A USA USA chant is considered an international atrocity.

The only people who get bent out of shape about USA chants are self-loathing Americans and non-Americans who are looking for a reason to bitch about Americans.
11/9/13 6:39 PM
Steve4192

I LOVE GSP - I just wish Americans would use a little imagination, USA USA is about the equivalent of the wave as far as lame Chants go.

That's just American sports culture.

None of the shit we do is imaginative or innovative. American sports crowds revel in simplicity. I'll take the wave or a USA chant over vuvuzelas any day of the week.
11/9/13 6:43 PM
zazen br

You are a racist and it shows. Voted down. Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 6:44 PM
Summons
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The "Mexican" wave? Phone Post 3.0
11/9/13 6:46 PM
StretchPlum

USA fans don't boo opposing fighters. However, they're in a low class dump here, where the Let It Bleed fan would come off as a genius.
11/9/13 6:48 PM
StretchPlum

"The only people who get bent out of shape about USA chants are self-loathing Americans and non-Americans who are looking for a reason to bitch about Americans."

That includes a high proportion of the young posters pussified by the current crop of educators.
11/9/13 6:51 PM
Simen

Because it's cheap Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.