UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Henderson: 'Unfortunate luck the last three fights

11/10/13 10:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Dan Henderson spoke with Heido Androl for FOX Sports 2 before heading to the hospital, following his first round KO loss to Vitor Belfort Saturday night.

"I got caught with a  nice little uppercut," said Hendo. "I felt like I was still aware of what was going on. I know he threw a head kick, and I was definitely dazed, for sure. But I would like to maybe fight out of it a little bit. But the ref is there to protect us, so I can't complain too much."

"I'm definitely not done. I got caught tonight and… you know, I was ready to go for this fight and I just got caught. That happens, I guess, after 16 years, it's bound to happen."

"I'm just going to continue getting back in there and win fights. This one I definitely got caught and got finished, and the last two could have easily went my way, and didn't, so I've had some unfortunate luck the last three fights. But my body feels good and able to continue, and honestly, I haven't felt this good in a while. So it's just a bad night tonight.

11/10/13 10:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Blunderhooks
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's see Hendo vs Big Country @ 205 Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 10:45 AM
TwentyNineTwentyEight
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't seen him look that bad, ever. He didn't look like himself at all. I feel he should contemplate retiring.

11/10/13 10:46 AM
Ray Cappa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to see Hendo go out like Chuck. Goddamn. Somebody talk some sense into him! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 10:47 AM
shaqitup
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TwentyNineTwentyEight - 

I haven't seen him look that bad, ever. He didn't look like himself at all. I feel he should contemplate retiring.

he looked exactly like he has for the last 3 or so years.

He basically spoon fed vitor his head, and a guy with vitor's hand speed, accuracy, and power is going to eat that kind of shit for dinner.

11/10/13 11:37 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
806 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Hendo forever and always. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 11:40 AM
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero
2483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - War Hendo forever and always. Phone Post 3.0
! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 11:58 AM
nolabrum
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero -
! Phone Post 3.0
!! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 12:10 PM
Grantman
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still had him winning the rashad fight. Nobody won the lyoto fight because it was horrendous.

I say let him have one more and let's see where he is at. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 12:12 PM
JetSetter

Hendo is delusional. Its time to retire Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 12:12 PM
Silverball
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fishyfish - "and the last two (vs. Lyoto and Rashad) could have easily went my way"

he didn't do shit in those 2 fights. the only thing that could have swung it his way is incompetent judges. hmm... I suppose he does have a point...

Not true. He had Rashad badly hurt at one point in that fight, and was competitive right up until the end, albeit slightly more gassed than Rashad. The Machida fight was perhaps less competitive, especially in the later rounds, but Machida didn't blow threw Dan like he did Bader or Munoz.
11/10/13 12:42 PM
FETT_TFK Captain America UGCTT
260 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum -
FETT_TFK_El Pescadero -
! Phone Post 3.0
!! Phone Post 3.0
!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 12:43 PM
youarewhatiswrong
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray Cappa - I don't want to see Hendo go out like Chuck. Goddamn. Somebody talk some sense into him! Phone Post 3.0

Nah, fuck it. Bring Chuck out of retirement for one Legends Superfight vs Hendo. Who goes to sleep?!?!?!
11/10/13 12:46 PM
Katsumoto

i'm not a big fan of his but MUCH respect to him for not making excuses for his loss last night. i do think he could've probably survived the kick but he doesn't blame the ref.

11/10/13 12:59 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 

He basically spoon fed vitor his head, and a guy with vitor's hand speed, accuracy, and power is going to eat that kind of shit for dinner.

I wouldn't go as far as saying 3 years. But yeah, he leaned in and left himself wide open for that upper cut. I thought Mirgliotta did an excellent job of stopping it. I don't want Hendo shaking paint down the line because of untrained officials.

11/10/13 1:00 PM
crazydave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

war hendo always

11/10/13 1:03 PM
shaqitup
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/10/13 1:03 PM
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
shaqitup - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 

I wouldn't go as far as saying 3 years. But yeah, he leaned in and left himself wide open for that upper cut. I thought Mirgliotta did an excellent job of stopping it. I don't want Hendo shaking paint down the line because of untrained officials.

I just mean that's what he's always done.

Plodding around chasing the opponent with his overhand right, a great technical striker like vitor isn't going to fall for it.

Hendo made a huge mistake, but it's the kind of thing he always does, he just spams overhand rights.

He basically has the same strategy as roy nelson, which doesn't work against good strikers with decent reaction.

11/10/13 1:04 PM
psujunglist
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_FryedTakayama - War Hendo forever and always. Phone Post 3.0

11/10/13 8:36 PM
Ironhouse

WAR HENDO!
11/10/13 8:50 PM
StretchPlum

Poor guy is too old, slow and one dimensional now.
11/10/13 8:52 PM
slamming

Vitor made him look silly. Hendo wasnt even close to gauging the correct distance before waddling into a uppercut to bolivia.
11/10/13 8:53 PM
deadlyonetwo3
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo is still Hendo. Don't throw in the towel on him yet. Vitor is on FIRE... Hendo came in aggressive and just got caught. That isn't going to happen with most anyone else, as we've already seen. Vitor was just a bad fight and I really had a strong feeling going in that it would turn out that way. Hendo is going to surprise a lot of people when he comes back and ices someone. He's been fed nothing but the best of the best Phone Post
11/10/13 9:47 PM
JIMMYNAKS
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR HENDO!
11/11/13 9:19 AM
MNFAN

I can't wait for Hendo's next fight. He and Rampage throwing down on the inaugural Bellator PPV is going to be awesome!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.