UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Little Nog never accepted Gustafsson fight

11/10/13 11:27 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1061 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Late last month it was announced that Alexander Gustafsson would not be getting the immediate Jon Jones rematch with a title on the line that he had hoped for. Instead, he would be getting Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, on March 8, 2014, in London, England. 'Little Nog' was coming off what may be the Upset of the Year, beating Rashad Evans at UFC 156, and before that a win over Tito Ortiz.

The hard core fanbase was baffled when just six days later Ariel Helwani announced that Little Nog has been forced to withdraw from the fight due a back injury. How do you take a fight four months away and then back out less than a week later due to a continuing back injury?

The UFC tries to book fighters three times per year, and Little Nog has fought just six times in four years. Injury has repeatedly forced him from scheduled fights during his career in the UFC, including Gustafsson twice, Rich Franklin, and, for the same back injury, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

Chael Sonnen, who predicted the drop out, was merciless on Twitter.
•He fights less than Ghandi
•FOR SALE: MMA GLOVES Never used. Contact Lil' Nog, 1 Fragile Chicken Road, No-Show, Brazil
•He signs his contracts in disappearing ink
•Too bad he can't list his profession as "Fight Avoider" on his tax return
•Maybe dos Santos can lend Lil Nog his heart while his face heals
•Instead of a contract, Joe Silva faxes him a Missing Person's Report
•it's Halloween. Lil' Nog went as a FIGHTER
•But he didn't fool anybody and got no candy

However, in response to a reporters question at the post fight media scrum Saturday night about whether he was frustrated with Little Nog's record of injuries, UFC president Dana White said that Nogueira never accepted the fight with Gustafsson in the first place.

"The fight isn't for four months, and he's already determined he's hurt," said White. "I don't understand that. The guy is always hurt. Every time you call him, he's hurt."

"What happened was that night we decided to make the fight, Gustafsson said yes, and they couldn't get hold of (Little Nog), so I said, 'F--- it,' and just went with it and announced the fight. And of course, he's hurt."

11/10/13 11:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"What happened was that night we decided to make the fight, Gustafsson said yes, and they couldn't get hold of (Little Nog), so I said, 'F--- it,' and just went with it and announced the fight," said White as transcribed by MMAJunkie. "And of course, he's hurt."

This is the boss, ladies and gentleman.
11/10/13 11:49 AM
Il Duce
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Brittle" Nog Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 12:00 PM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
783 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Il Duce - "Brittle" Nog Phone Post 3.0
Nice lol. VU. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 12:09 PM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why would lil nog act as a tune up for Gus's rematch with Jon Jones?

Everybody knows the plan is to give Gus a fight he will win so they can get the sought after rematch.

11/10/13 12:12 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the_truth_be_spoken - 

"The guy is always hurt. Every time you call him, he's hurt."

then why keep him? cut his non-fighting ass, ur meant to have a full roster ffs! cut clowns that wont fight, either through convient inury or the old  "I wont fight my team mate" bullshit!

Better still, why announce a fight between Lil Nog and anybody without both confirming that he'll accept AND making sure he's not injured?
11/10/13 12:15 PM
epwar
647 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one finds it funny that Dana announced the fight without consulting one of the fighters...AND NOW IS TRYING TO BLAME THE FIGHTER!

11/10/13 12:18 PM
lars_schifinkter
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

No one finds it funny that Dana announced the fight without consulting one of the fighters...AND NOW IS TRYING TO BLAME THE FIGHTER!

11/10/13 12:28 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not one of those guys who hates everything Dana does and I agree with him sometimes, but announcing a fight before both parties agree to it is pretty unprofessional. Trying to blame it on the fighter is even moreso. Pretty crappy thing to do.
11/10/13 12:29 PM
sevr1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh - 
the_truth_be_spoken - 

then why keep him? cut his non-fighting ass, ur meant to have a full roster ffs! cut clowns that wont fight, either through convient inury or the old  "I wont fight my team mate" bullshit!

Better still, why announce a fight between Lil Nog and anybody without both confirming that he'll accept AND making sure he's not injured?

This.

But, if we were in Dana's position I'm sure we'd all be pretty frustrated with him too. I'm not saying anyone would announce a fight w/ Brittle Nog, just that we'd be frustrated with a non-fighting fighter.
11/10/13 12:29 PM
MarcVanBas

epwar - 

Also do you think chael knew this before going on a twitter smear campaign?
11/10/13 12:32 PM
Captfireeyes
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lars_schifinkter -
epwar - 

This Phone Post
11/10/13 12:46 PM
DatSpider
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup - 

Everybody knows the plan is to give Gus a fight he will win so they can get the sought after rematch.

Why not?

Lil Nog, who's not getting any younger, wants to be champion.What bigger statement than beating Gus? With everyone watching,too. He should've been doing cartwheels, regardless of what they want.
11/10/13 12:52 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kevsh -
the_truth_be_spoken - 

That's true.

Why would you announce a fight that hasn't been confirmed by both fighters? Especially with Lil Nog. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 12:55 PM
rMar89
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MasterofMartialArts -
kevsh -
the_truth_be_spoken - 

That's true.

Why would you announce a fight that hasn't been confirmed by both fighters? Especially with Lil Nog. Phone Post 3.0
Can only assume that he would take the fight. It's a big fight against a guy that some people thought beat the champ. Lil nog would be dumb to say no Phone Post
11/10/13 1:17 PM
MasterofMartialArts
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rMar89 -
MasterofMartialArts -
kevsh -
the_truth_be_spoken - 

That's true.

Can only assume that he would take the fight. It's a big fight against a guy that some people thought beat the champ. Lil nog would be dumb to say no Phone Post
True but you can't just assume and then announce it to the fans!!??

I would at least wait for a verbal "yes" or "no" before even mentioning it. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 1:41 PM
publics_lowDown_brazilianWax
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're an egg Nog.
11/10/13 1:48 PM
TheHaunted2

Best quote in history. 'every time I call him, he's hurt'. Made me lol Phone Post
11/10/13 1:50 PM
rosario00

Lmao at all of Chael's tweets.. Hilarious, does he have ghost writers? Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 3:01 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL @ Dana Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 3:16 PM
Mr Spliff

Blaf gonna blaf. Disrespectful wannabe tough guy. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 3:22 PM
Tankhead
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, that's a horse of a different color! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 3:24 PM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DatSpider - 
shaqitup - 

Why not?

Lil Nog, who's not getting any younger, wants to be champion.What bigger statement than beating Gus? With everyone watching,too. He should've been doing cartwheels, regardless of what they want.

He ain't beating gus.

Maybe lil nog knows where he's at, and it isn't at Gus's level.

11/10/13 3:33 PM
j2b

Classic case of wolf tickets Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 4:00 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://i41.tinypic.com/w9icf4.jpg

Any blue want to help me post this? UG forum issue that's been ongoing for... years. Fix it plz.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.