UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Midoux talks GSP retirement, giving belt to Rory

11/10/13 5:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SoupCan
766 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingOfFighters -
SoupCan -
KingOfFighters -
Card -

Starting to sound more and more like this Saturday will be GSP's last fight.

good Phone Post
SN bet?

Just a month this tome Phone Post 3.0
sure, unlike diaz i think hendricks has a decent chance. Phone Post
Id like to see GSP retire with a walk off home run Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 5:55 PM
Hunter V
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

better to go out on top w people wanting more vs to fade away in the limelight. I actually do hope he would finish Hendricks and then retire that night, even his idiot detractors would realize just how much he has meant to the growth of things and the giant void that would exist as a result. He has more than earned the right to go out his way, something most guys never get the privilege of doing.
11/10/13 6:02 PM
KingOfFighters
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - It's a 50/50 decision, IMO.

On the one hand, GSP is THE GREATEST WW CHAMP EVER. Fact.

His skill-set is awesome, he beats THE SHIT out of his opponents (most of the time) and has fought the baddest motherfuckers out there MORE SO than ANY champ the UFC has EVER HAD! That is undeniable.

If he crushes Hendricks, there's nothing left @ WW. So it'd make sense to bow out, but only for that reason. Not for Rory. He hasn't done shit.

GSP is VERY rich, that's clear. He's still young, and he doesn't need to carry on.

I'd miss him, but I'd be happy that he went out at the top and on his own terms.

Like someone said, it'd force Dana to create new stars.
False, jon jones resume is superior and jon is undefeated. Phone Post
SoupCan
766 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst thing is if he loses there is going to be a billion told you so threads Phone Post 3.0
ipponssting
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MoomBah -

GSP wins. Retires. Rory and Condit Win. Rory vs Condit for the newley vacated Welterweight Title.

One can dream.

Superb on paper... make it so Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 6:14 PM
TFK_SickEye
482 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SoupCan - Worst thing is if he loses there is going to be a billion told you so threads Phone Post 3.0
After the disgraceful way some of his fans acted after the Diaz fight, you're probably right.

Nice blue name! Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 6:24 PM
Bentleysuper8

Lawler will be a hell of a test for Rory.
11/10/13 6:28 PM
I Love Stun Gun's Dong
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If GSP does retire and beats Hendricks, and Rory wins, Rory vs Condit/Brown winner for belt.

11/10/13 6:42 PM
SoupCan

TFK_SickEye -
SoupCan - Worst thing is if he loses there is going to be a billion told you so threads Phone Post 3.0
After the disgraceful way some of his fans acted after the Diaz fight, you're probably right.

I try to avoid this place fight week and at least two weeks after Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 6:55 PM
Bentleysuper8

SoupCan - 
TFK_SickEye -

I try to avoid this place fight week and at least two weeks after Phone Post 3.0

With the amount of cards the UFC is putting on you would be on this site about as often as Haley's comet comes around.
11/10/13 7:05 PM
Il Duce
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always wondered who that big dude was, still don't really know.

He seems shady.
11/10/13 7:26 PM
shaqitup
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a great way to set up the first $10 million dollar pay day in UFC history.

11/10/13 9:03 PM
Foos
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could be wrong, but GSP seems like a guy that doesn't enjoy fighting as much as he enjoys training. All the media bullshit, anxiety, damage to the body, and the barrage of uneducated haters may not be worth the exhilaration of winning a fight.

11/10/13 9:34 PM
FETT_TFK_Tat2tillidie
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wouldn't be mad as a fan , he's given me some great fights ala Fitch, Alves, Penn 1-2, Sherk, and many others ... Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 9:50 PM
SoupCan

Bentleysuper8 -
SoupCan - 
TFK_SickEye -

With the amount of cards the UFC is putting on you would be on this site about as often as Haley's comet comes around.
I usually only OG, posting of the UG is just a way to lose some green arrows.

I really enjoy this site and support it as much as I can but the removal of gifs and the vote down function needs to be thought out a bit better.

I personally don't see a problem with posting ppv gifs, to me it at least directs more hits to this sure and encourages more people to sign up... If people don't find it here they are going to find it some where else **yeah yeah I know, I'm an egg and a fuck you goof is coming my way**

The vote down function I don't know how to fix it but it needs a refurbish. Phone Post 3.0
11/10/13 10:10 PM
Bigmeech

don't mighty mouse, jon jones, cain velasquez, anderson silva, chris weidman even anthony pettis all have familys? Just to name a few.
11/10/13 10:12 PM
shaqitup
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigmeech - don't mighty mouse, jon jones, cain velasquez, anderson silva, chris weidman even anthony pettis all have familys? Just to name a few.

i think GSP is more involved in his fight lifestyle than anybody else.

11/10/13 11:23 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TFK_SickEye - 

Are you really gonna act like the Diaz fans weren't absolutely unbearable leading up to AND after that fight? If Nick had won, his entire fanbase would've gotten themselves banned.

11/11/13 2:31 AM
WoodenPupa
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - 
MDubz - I really don't understand why the fuck he would retire so soon. Apparently 31 years old is too old for athletes. Funny how NHL and NFL players can go until 40 and take way more punishment. Phone Post 3.0

You really didnt read the article then, did ya? Its George's call in the end but there are numerous reasons for retiring on top and pursuing other things in life. He still probably has the desire to compete but i think he could bow out soon gracefully, still healthy, rich and on top.

If he did actually retire, that would be more impressive than his career itself, since "going out on top" is the Halley's Comet of combat sports. You might see it once in your life.

At any rate, "reasons" are the worst predictor for behavior. GSP has "good reasons" to retire, all right, but they aren't any more rational than his becoming a fighter ever was. If they indicate something like a "recognition" in himself that his values are changing, or that his ambition is fading, and so on, then I think we can take them at face value. But the problem is, we can't know whether his thoughts on the subject indicate a genuine sea-change is happening in him, and neither can GSP. Yes, starting a family would be a damn good "reason" for retiring---but "unretiring" is also the most commonly seen follow-up to the lifestyle changes a fighter has supposedly embraced in the act of retirement.

Plain and simple, the magnetic pull on a fighter to fight is an unearthly force, and plans to resist it usually fail. And it usually fails multiple times, hence, multiple retirements are the norm, until the fighter can no longer get medical clearance.

It's like a teenager telling himself "I'm not going to fuck anymore because dammit, I'm a serious person and I've got to concentrate on school. Plus, I want to be a better person." A month later some tits walk by and the whole charade goes right to hell.
11/11/13 4:46 AM
The Pendulum

MDubz - I really don't understand why the fuck he would retire so soon. Apparently 31 years old is too old for athletes. Funny how NHL and NFL players can go until 40 and take way more punishment. Phone Post 3.0
Well, when they're covered in that much padding, it'd be pretty easy to. Phone Post
11/11/13 5:14 AM
chris12

He should move up and fight Anderson at a catch weight of he beats weidman and machida and belfort can fight for the vacant MW title on the same card HOLY SHIT MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!! Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 5:14 AM
Mufasatheking

Essentially what this article is saying is

If Rory gets KO'd - GSP stays
If Rory wins - GSP retires
11/11/13 5:26 AM
JoeDavolasRoundhouseKick
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He should take the Klitschko's and bendo right along with him. Then we can start having combat back in combat sports. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 5:40 AM
Got MMAlk

alley - This is horrible advice. GSP should be slaying top shelf pussy for the next 10 years, then start a family in his 40s.
Easy vote up here. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 2:05 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mufasatheking - Essentially what this article is saying is

If Rory gets KO'd - GSP stays
If Rory wins - GSP retires

Johny on the spot, my good fellow.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.