UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Midoux talks GSP retirement, giving belt to Rory

11/12/13 12:48 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Labrador
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can't really argue with Georges' success, but if all I had to go on was this interview I wouldn't want this guy's mentorship...

“I told him to be selfish. It’s not true that you can have a family and children and remain at the highest level of the sport..."

“People want to see him in the cage until he’s 40, but at 40, he’ll be a has-been with no wife and no kids,” states the mentor.

“Rory has the ability to become a champion. Rory will never want to fight Georges because they’re friends,” explained Kristof Midoux. “So I told Georges: out of respect, don’t keep that guy from climbing the ranks. You’ve had your career.”

I mean, damn, doesn't seem cool.
11/12/13 12:56 PM
BrattMamley
1019 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:( Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 1:20 PM
kevsh
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Understatement of the Day:

GSP retiring won't help the UFC's sagging ratings.

For those of you that hate on GSP, even hoping he does retire, may want to keep that in mind.
11/12/13 2:08 PM
r_o_y
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MDubz - I really don't understand why the fuck he would retire so soon. Apparently 31 years old is too old for athletes. Funny how NHL and NFL players can go until 40 and take way more punishment. Phone Post 3.0

Why stay in that long and risk more damage? If he can get out and live the rest of his life pursuing whatever he wants happy and healthy than why not?
11/12/13 2:53 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Uh, tell Anderson Silva that it's not possible to have a family, and compete at the highest level. I have nothing against Kristof, but that's just pure bullshit. George could retire tomorrow, and still be a legend. But, if starting a family is the only reason for retiring, then he really has no reason to retire. Phone Post

Agreed! In ALL sports, you have very successful athletes with families!

But I do think it's nice for GSP to have a mentor like Midoux and a coach like Zahabi. I mean these two dudes probably make a lot more $$$ if GSP keeps fighting yet they really do seem to have his best interest at heart, which is great!

11/12/13 3:38 PM
TOAO

Roy want get that close to the belt anyways. Hendricks would kill rory. So would Lombard and others. Phone Post
11/12/13 3:38 PM
TOAO

*Won't Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.