UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miesha Tate defeated Rousey at UFC cover contest

11/11/13 10:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Miesha Tate defeated Ronda Rousey at UFC's cover contest:

In spite of having over twice the number of followers Miesha got on twitter, Tate made it into round 2, leaving Ronda behind.

IMO, GSP will win the contest (deservingly so), but Miesha beating Ronda in a popular contest would be unthinkable four months ago.

So, what does this say about Rousey's popularity?

Is this an indication of whom fans will be rooting for when they fight...?

Who are YOU rooting for when they fight in December?
11/11/13 10:53 AM
JustAnotherMMAFan
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here is the link:

http://www.ufc.com/covervote
11/11/13 10:54 AM
Internettufguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hell. Yeah. I fucking hate Rousey and was only voting for Meisha to vote against Rousey. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 10:55 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It says Ronda has a shitload of haters who will pay money to see her get her ass kicked. That is GOOD for Zuffa's business and good for Ronda's bank account.
11/11/13 10:55 AM
Harold_Howard

I would laugh if some obscure random fighter got the cover. I know Bisping is campaigning hard for votes, I think it would be funny if he got the cover. Not that I think anything is wrong with Bisping, it would just be funny.
11/11/13 10:56 AM
JustPeed
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rousey has lost a lot of fans from her appearance on TUF. Its waaay worse than when Hughes went on and everyone realised he was kind of arrogant. Phone Post
11/11/13 10:57 AM
Steve4192
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Internettufguy - Hell. Yeah. I fucking hate Rousey and was only voting for Meisha to vote against Rousey. Phone Post 3.0

Yep

I'd wager almost all of the votes for Tate were really votes against Rousey. Just shows how much passion Ronda evokes among fans. Zuffa doesn't care whether fans love her or hate her, as long as they pay to see her fight.
11/11/13 11:00 AM
Steve4192

JustPeed - Rousey has lost a lot of fans from her appearance on TUF. Its waaay worse than when Hughes went on and everyone realised he was kind of arrogant. Phone Post

She may have lost fans, but she also GAINED a lot of people who will tune in to watch her get beat. At the end of the day, I suspect TUF will be a boon to Ronda's PPV sales, even if most of those new buyers want to see her lose.
11/11/13 11:06 AM
ShoeMoney
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC took her out of the Bprince she will be in the cover of the women's only game Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 11:14 AM
Malvert the Janitor
782 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 11:52 AM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 -
Steve4192 -
JustPeed - Rousey has lost a lot of fans from her appearance on TUF. Its waaay worse than when Hughes went on and everyone realised he was kind of arrogant. Phone Post

She may have lost fans, but she also GAINED a lot of people who will tune in to watch her get beat. At the end of the day, I suspect TUF will be a boon to Ronda's PPV sales, even if most of those new buyers want to see her lose.
Qft Phone Post 3.0
Maybe, maybe not. Wmma has been driven by pretty faces more so than success this far. Guys tune in to watch a hot girl fight more than the girl who kicks. And even the hottest girl can turn guys off with a shitty attitude which is what's happening to Ronda, imo. She's not getting the "oh I want to see her get beat" kind of hate, she's getting "just go away" kind of hate.

And that's a big reason why ratings for TUF have tanked too - people are sick of her bitching and can't stand to look at her anymore. That's not good for business. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 11:55 AM
Ice Cold Igors Right Hand

Just shows how easily manipulated and butthurt ppl are.

Not gna matter when she gets armbarred again. Phone Post
11/11/13 12:20 PM
BRZ

So who does Tate face next? Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 12:26 PM
publics_lowDown_brazilianWax
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRZ - So who does Tate face next? Phone Post 3.0

Judging by her look she is facing an awful smell next
11/11/13 12:28 PM
dhughes
296 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRZ - So who does Tate face next? Phone Post 3.0

Gus
11/11/13 12:31 PM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen will win.

11/11/13 12:38 PM
BrattMamley
991 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 12:41 PM
Chris27

Steve4192 - 

Amazing people dont get this. 

All you want is for people to care, one way or another, see you win or lose it doesnt matter, just pay to watch the fight or tune in on tv to see the fight is all they care about it.

11/11/13 12:43 PM
Chris27

da Vinci 81 - 
Pitbull3744 -
Steve4192 -

Qft Phone Post 3.0
Maybe, maybe not. Wmma has been driven by pretty faces more so than success this far. Guys tune in to watch a hot girl fight more than the girl who kicks. And even the hottest girl can turn guys off with a shitty attitude which is what's happening to Ronda, imo. She's not getting the "oh I want to see her get beat" kind of hate, she's getting "just go away" kind of hate.

And that's a big reason why ratings for TUF have tanked too - people are sick of her bitching and can't stand to look at her anymore. That's not good for business. Phone Post 3.0

Ratings for TUF are because of the network they are on, not because people dont like Ronda.

You'd have a point if ratings for the fight nights nad live events havent dropped in half, oh wow thats exactly the same amount TUF has dropped off from FX.  But its people not liking Ronda, ok. 

Put this season on FX is does more than what Sonnen/Jones season did without a doubt. 

11/11/13 12:48 PM
BuddyRevell
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/11/13 1:00 PM

Let's be real. This is the only UFC win Miesha's going to get over Rousey, and I'm certainly no fan of Ronda's.

11/11/13 12:52 PM
shaqitup
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
Steve4192 - 

Amazing people dont get this. 

All you want is for people to care, one way or another, see you win or lose it doesnt matter, just pay to watch the fight or tune in on tv to see the fight is all they care about it.

Not true, nobody will tune in to this, and that's why it's behind silva vs weidman 2.

11/11/13 12:54 PM
Brabatross

Chris27 -
da Vinci 81 - 
Pitbull3744 -
Steve4192 -

Qft Phone Post 3.0

Ratings for TUF are because of the network they are on, not because people dont like Ronda.

You'd have a point if ratings for the fight nights nad live events havent dropped in half, oh wow thats exactly the same amount TUF has dropped off from FX.  But its people not liking Ronda, ok. 

Put this season on FX is does more than what Sonnen/Jones season did without a doubt. 

No way. This season is horrible primarily because of Ronda a Tate. Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 12:59 PM
chris12

Hahahha everyone go rub it in Ronda's face on twitter Phone Post 3.0
11/11/13 1:10 PM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
da Vinci 81 - 
Pitbull3744 -
Steve4192 -

Qft Phone Post 3.0

Not likely. She's getting the same kind of reaction baszler is getting from hardcore fans. No one wants to see shayna because she's annoyed everyone to the point where they just want her to go away. It's getting the same way with ronda.

You're not getting why Ronda became popular in the first place if you don't understand this. Fighting is secondary when it comes to the appeal of the women. It's driven largely on looks and individual appeal. It's why ratings tanked when gina left and cyborg was champ. No one gave a shit she was the best fighter - she was built like a man and had zero personality.

If ronda gets the male fan base to turn against her because of how she's acting they're not going to be interested in watching to see her lose - they just won't watch at all.
11/11/13 1:14 PM
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe they'll take the picture after the fight, and she'll be on the cover with her arm in a sling..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.