Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lux Fixxins
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't allow it.

Do you? Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:02 AM
CoreNobody
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We don't have sick time,so it's money they lose.I don't mind,people get sick,but if it becomes a habit or pattern,like Mondays and Fridays,they just disappear.
Also, if our start time is 6am,don't text at 2pm......and then I see you out that night...lol Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:06 AM
Doublevision
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CoreNobody - We don't have sick time,so it's money they lose.I don't mind,people get sick,but if it becomes a habit or pattern,like Mondays and Fridays,they just disappear.
Also, if our start time is 6am,don't text at 2pm......and then I see you out that night...lol Phone Post 3.0
I think the OP meant do you allow your employee to text in sick..... Phone Post
11/12/13 8:11 AM
TheCrow13
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Student here. I can't think of any justifiable reason to do this. It's like breaking up with a woman over text. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:11 AM
Samoa
595 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:12 AM
metalzombie83
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you're sick you call

If you text you have something to hide

No shit one time i had a guy text me he wanted the day off for sunburn.... Sunburn! Phone Post
11/12/13 8:13 AM
khaleesi
251 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it is disrespectful.

11/12/13 8:13 AM
demcat
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. I would have to speak to them, then see a note if it seemed fishy Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:15 AM
fahker
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lux Fixxins - I don't allow it.

Do you? Phone Post 3.0

Didn't text in sick but told him my father in law was airlifted to the hospital and in ICU.
11/12/13 8:17 AM
Primitive Mischief

Yes. It's a common method of communication. I'm not there to at nanny, if they want to call in or text in go ahead. If it becomes a problem we have a talk. I don't want sick people at work. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:22 AM
Al Cappucino
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never done it, but I don't think it's so different than any other way of communicating.
Whats the difference between someone texting you they're gonna be out, or leaving a voicemail at your desk prior to you coming in? Nothing.
If they're sick, they're sick. Text, voicemail, email, carrier pigeon, as long as it's BEFORE you're supposed to be in. I have more of an issue of someone calling in 3 hours after the fact.

"Hey Boss, I'm not gonna be able to make it in"

"No shit douchey, it's 11am"
11/12/13 8:23 AM
Ramon Maroni

not if I was boss
11/12/13 8:29 AM
KDK1CallingKDK12

You can't do the sick voice through text. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:33 AM
Kneeblock
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is no reason to waste time on a phone call. Saying you're sick doesn't make you anymore sick than texting it.

Disallowing text ins is just a way to grind your boot heel if you're management imo. Phone Post
11/12/13 8:35 AM
shaqitup
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone is smarter IMO, bigger divide in sympathy with a text. They ll just be pissed at you Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:35 AM
baj54

Al Cappucino - I've never done it, but I don't think it's so different than any other way of communicating.
Whats the difference between someone texting you they're gonna be out, or leaving a voicemail at your desk prior to you coming in? Nothing.
If they're sick, they're sick. Text, voicemail, email, carrier pigeon, as long as it's BEFORE you're supposed to be in. I have more of an issue of someone calling in 3 hours after the fact.

"Hey Boss, I'm not gonna be able to make it in"

"No shit douchey, it's 11am"
I've seen people fired over this. Someone might be genuinely sick but for some reason they sent a text that never got to their boss or who ever they report too. So the next day when they show up the boss asked what happened. They said I sent you a text, boss say's are you too lazy to pick the phone up and call someone? Next we know sick guy no longer has a job because he was too lazy to pick the phone up and dial a number. Just so much easier to pick the phone up and call someone. If your running late its okay to send a text. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:36 AM
torubu
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can, but I communicate with my boss primarily via text.

I also would rather text regardless. It keeps things with more of a permanent, written record. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:46 AM
YumYumPandaburger
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, it's not ok.

If they care about what they are doing they would call me to tell me if there is anything that needs to be managed (for example meetings where a replacement is needed).
11/12/13 8:49 AM
FaceToFace
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Gallagher - I'd rather not listen to the bullshit excuses. I'm not in that position anymore but when people called in and kept blabbering on it annoyed the hell out of me. After a while I just told them to text unless it was going to be extended. Phone Post

What? I don't sound sick?....

Well...

I'm fucking my sister, does that sound sick enough for ya?

11/12/13 8:51 AM
phydeau
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I do NOT allow my employees to test in sick, neither can they call my cell and leave a message. I tell them to call me on my personal cell and actually SPEAK to me.

I tell them if they call in the middle of the night and I don't answer then call me back and KEEP calling me back until my wife wakes me up and tells me to answer my god damn phone.

We are in a job where if someone call out then I have to arrange coverage, so i need to know as soon as possible so I can start making my own phone calls.
Vikingknee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

metalzombie83 - If you're sick you call

No shit one time i had a guy text me he wanted the day off for sunburn.... Sunburn! Phone Post
I've gotten seriously sick from getting sun burned and took the first day off work. This is coming from a guy that calls in sick like once every two years. Just happened this past April I was an idiot and didn't have any kind of tan yet from winter and was at the drag strip for 2 days straight. Fucked my scalp up bad Phone Post 3.0
thaVANILLA Gorilla
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doublevision -
CoreNobody - We don't have sick time,so it's money they lose.I don't mind,people get sick,but if it becomes a habit or pattern,like Mondays and Fridays,they just disappear.
I think the OP meant do you allow your employee to text in sick..... Phone Post
No no no, I think what OP really meant is, does he allow his employees to text in sick. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:55 AM
rorybbellows
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

metalzombie83 - If you're sick you call

But beers taste good in the sun..and on Sundays.. Phone Post 3.0
11/12/13 8:57 AM
phydeau
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

almost as bad as texting in sick is having your wife call in sick for you.

Actually I don't have a problem with that, other than you just outed yourself as a beta douche bag, but my HR manager goes APESHIT over that one.
11/12/13 8:57 AM
mrobnoxious1

I don't call in sick, I just call in, or text, or I show up at your desk and tell you I have something more important than work. I have personal time and vacation on the books. You are not my parent.
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.