UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 167: Who's on the cut list?

11/13/13 10:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Fighting in the UFC is most importantly about winning. Putting together successive victories is the way a fighter works his way towards a title, and unfortunately successive defeats can mean being cut. Tim Burke of MMAmania put together a list of who could potential be cut with a loss at UFC 167:

Josh Koscheck - I had him on this list for his last fight and here he is again. He fits perfectly into the mold of a guy they'd want to shed from the roster, in the vein of Jon Fitch and Yushin Okami - he's expensive (78k/78k for his last fight), he's a former title challenger with his best days behind him, and he's not a draw (any more). 

Rick Story - I personally believe Story is a top-20 welterweight that should definitely stick around even if he loses to Ebersole. But a loss would drop him to 2-5 in his last seven...

read entire article...

11/13/13 10:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
publics_lowDown_brazilianWax
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You should be ashamed of promoting this negative aspect of mma
11/13/13 10:20 PM
VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos is tuf 1 alum...I would be shocked if Dana cut him. I mean Leben is still on the roster for Christ's sake. Phone Post
11/13/13 10:25 PM
publics_lowDown_brazilianWax
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol, but since you posted...I think Kos is safe. He has always been there for them and filled in on short notice so he gets the extra cushion
11/13/13 10:33 PM
Pablo Duke
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koscheck is still in the UFC..? Phone Post 3.0
11/13/13 10:42 PM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VitorpeepeetasteStrongTRT - Kos is tuf 1 alum...I would be shocked if Dana cut him. I mean Leben is still on the roster for Christ's sake. Phone Post
I see that point of view but I also see OPs. He's a big paycheck, not a huge draw, and has been declining. I'm surprised Leben hasn't been though honestly, his last few fights haven't been exciting at all, his head hasn't been in it. And he's been losing. Phone Post 3.0
11/13/13 10:56 PM
MattyECB
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

publics_lowDown_brazilianWax - You should be ashamed of promoting this negative aspect of mma

It's a good reminder, I really hope Story doesn't get cut. Actually, I'd be pretty pissed if either gets cut, I forgot how bad both these guys have been doing
11/13/13 11:21 PM
DrunkSender
1418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is from Bloody Elbow I believe. Try do a cut list for every event.

The last event they talked about Dan Henderson and in the summary said "Scooter". I was really hoping it was an homage to our own Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:25 AM
CindyO

GSP24 - Koscheck isn't going anywhere. Phone Post 3.0
I hope not. I always look forward to his fights.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:26 AM
shaqitup
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kos is not getting cut.

11/14/13 12:55 AM
Mix6APlix

Kos is going to KO Woodley. Phone Post
11/14/13 5:56 AM
Arlovskis Chin
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Okami? Are u fucking with me? Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 10:13 AM
rjhartman

I'd love to see Kos vs Askren in the cage. Koscheck has the skill set to keep the fight standing. It would be interesting to see how Askren would handle that.
11/14/13 10:32 AM
StratTone
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koscheck isn't going anywhere.  Sure he costs a lot but he is still a very good fighter and a great guage for the up and comers.

11/14/13 10:36 AM
sacredhate
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Koscheck earned my respect by not just being a credible contender but, like Chael, he stepped in and fought on short notice on several occassions.

he seems like a smart guy and company man with more than adequate skills. I think Dana will keep him going so long as he's competitive and not boring.
11/14/13 3:47 PM
Spencer Fisher
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here we go again with people who need to be cut. Koscheck has done more than enough to be around and is worth every dime. He's evolved as a fighter with ko's and always work's to finish guy's. Josh along with other guy's that's paid their dues should be anything but on a cut list! There are many guy's who do anything but fight, those are the guy's that should get their walking papers.
11/14/13 4:18 PM
CindyO

Spencer has posted the correct.

Cindy

11/14/13 5:44 PM
UGCTT_JaseHxC

I dislike Kos's persona, but he's earned the right to ride it out in the UFC until he hangs them up. Generally always exciting and he's a true test for anyone who wants to work their way up the WW ladder. The way I see it, if you can't beat Kos, you're not beating Hendricks and thus have some work to do. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 6:05 PM
shadysavagecameonmaiaface
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Strongly dislike his persona. But everything Spencer said. He's evolved to be exciting. He deserves his spot until he hangs em up IMHO. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.