UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Gilbert Melendez vs. Josh Thmpson IV

11/14/13 1:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sparkuri
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Give'em title money. Interim title or some BS.

Have TJ fight Pettis in 6 + mos.

Unite titles a few mos. later.

Have the rest scrap in between.

Thoughts?
11/14/13 1:13 AM
chris12

I guess, TJ can fight Bendo and dos anjos and fight Khabib Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 1:16 AM
sparkuri

chris12 - I guess, TJ can fight Bendo and dos anjos and fight Khabib Phone Post 3.0

Sounds right
11/14/13 1:21 AM
sgotwalks
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chris12 - I guess, TJ can fight Bendo and dos anjos and fight Khabib Phone Post 3.0

and what does Pettis do in this scenario? 

11/14/13 1:22 AM
sgotwalks
658 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the record, I am all for number four between these two guys. The first threee fights were off the hook, and a lot of UFC fans have no idea yet what they missed over there in Strikeforce.

11/14/13 1:24 AM
ShoreBreaker420
987 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sgotwalks -

For the record, I am all for number four between these two guys. The first threee fights were off the hook, and a lot of UFC fans have no idea yet what they missed over there in Strikeforce.

Agreed Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 1:29 AM
sparkuri

sgotwalks - 

Heal?
Isn't he out at least 6 months?
11/14/13 1:48 AM
kingkoopa

TJ should fight Gil

Bendo fights Josh

Khabib fights winner of Diaz/Maynard or Dos Anjos

11/14/13 1:56 AM
sgotwalks

sparkuri - 
sgotwalks - 

Heal?

Damn, I didn't even realize that. This scenario makes perfect sense now.

11/14/13 2:01 AM
sparkuri

sgotwalks - 
sparkuri - 
sgotwalks - 

Heal?

Damn, I didn't even realize that. This scenario makes perfect sense now.

Yes, it's one of the few times in the last year or so I've been partially in the loop in today's million man rosters.

Although Josh is in line for the title, despite Gil getting the last dec. over him, I just really think this should be settled now, although I'm not sure either guy can beat each other ;-)
11/14/13 2:10 AM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A fourth fight? Man, I realize the first three were great but no more please. The division is way too stacked for us to watch fights we've already seen three times before. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 2:13 AM
sparkuri

da Vinci 81 - A fourth fight? Man, I realize the first three were great but no more please. The division is way too stacked for us to watch fights we've already seen three times before. Phone Post 3.0

OK, who do you think won the last fight, what was the result, was it worth watching, and are both fighter's "in the mix"?

Normally I'd agree, but this one is ripe, and right.
11/14/13 2:18 AM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sparkuri -
da Vinci 81 - A fourth fight? Man, I realize the first three were great but no more please. The division is way too stacked for us to watch fights we've already seen three times before. Phone Post 3.0

OK, who do you think won the last fight, what was the result, was it worth watching, and are both fighter's "in the mix"?

Honestly these guys could fight ten more times and we still wouldn't have a definitive answer. That's why I'm not interested. I just like seeing something new and with all the other top guys in the division another rematch isn't what I'd want to see. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 2:39 AM
chris12

kingkoopa -

TJ should fight Gil

Bendo fights Josh

Khabib fights winner of Diaz/Maynard or Dos Anjos

Agreed, Gil and TJ are most deserving right now, Thompson should fight benson and kahib can fight dos anjos. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 6:09 AM
Ray Elbe
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All 3 have been more epic than the last. Would be fotn 100 million % Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 6:20 AM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
418 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gilbert should've lost the last one, no room to complain about the Bendo fight. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 12:51 PM
sgotwalks

da Vinci 81 - 
sparkuri -

Honestly these guys could fight ten more times and we still wouldn't have a definitive answer. That's why I'm not interested. I just like seeing something new and with all the other top guys in the division another rematch isn't what I'd want to see. Phone Post 3.0

There are certain matchups where you just have to throw all the other bullshit out the window, titles, rankings, other contenders in the mix...............and simply enjoy a match for the one reason we are all drawn to the sport, a great fucking fight. When you have two guys who you know are going to deliver every time they meet, why would you not want to see that? 

Gatti vs Ward three times, who gave a flying fuck about belts or rankings, the buzz around those fights was there for one reason only, everybody knew they were about to witness something spectacular. 

Marquez and Pacquiao four times. Personally, I was (and am) not in the least bit interested in the ridiculous belts my favorite sport (boxing) puts on the table, I am only interested in great matchups, and these two are one of the greatest pairs ever to meet in the ring, so when so many people were whining about there not being a need for a 4th fight between them, I was fired right up. Look what happened.........another super exciting fight with an unthinkable finish as Marquez got the KO. 

When something as proven and true as this match between Melendez and Thompson is scheduled to happen, you me and everybody else knows that we will all be on the edge of our seats come the staredown. When it is fight time, you will be telling all of your friends in the room what fucking awesome fights these guys put on, you will not be telling them you're not interested and asking if anyone would like a beer while you run to the kitchen for some snacks. When it is over you will likely wonder to yourself why you ever lacked interest in the first place.

I never understood the thinking behind not wanting to see a 3rd or 4th fight between two warriors who were proven to put on some of the most memorable performances against each other. I hope it happens, and when it does I hope you enjoy it nearly as much as I expect to.

Cheers!

11/14/13 1:32 PM
da Vinci 81

Agree to disagree then. There's just too many other great matchups for those two that we haven't seen to make me want to watch another rematch at this point. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 11:53 PM
sparkuri

sgotwalks - 
da Vinci 81 - 
sparkuri -

There are certain matchups where you just have to throw all the other bullshit out the window, titles, rankings, other contenders in the mix...............and simply enjoy a match for the one reason we are all drawn to the sport, a great fucking fight. When you have two guys who you know are going to deliver every time they meet, why would you not want to see that? 

Gatti vs Ward three times, who gave a flying fuck about belts or rankings, the buzz around those fights was there for one reason only, everybody knew they were about to witness something spectacular. 

Marquez and Pacquiao four times. Personally, I was (and am) not in the least bit interested in the ridiculous belts my favorite sport (boxing) puts on the table, I am only interested in great matchups, and these two are one of the greatest pairs ever to meet in the ring, so when so many people were whining about there not being a need for a 4th fight between them, I was fired right up. Look what happened.........another super exciting fight with an unthinkable finish as Marquez got the KO. 

When something as proven and true as this match between Melendez and Thompson is scheduled to happen, you me and everybody else knows that we will all be on the edge of our seats come the staredown. When it is fight time, you will be telling all of your friends in the room what fucking awesome fights these guys put on, you will not be telling them you're not interested and asking if anyone would like a beer while you run to the kitchen for some snacks. When it is over you will likely wonder to yourself why you ever lacked interest in the first place.

I never understood the thinking behind not wanting to see a 3rd or 4th fight between two warriors who were proven to put on some of the most memorable performances against each other. I hope it happens, and when it does I hope you enjoy it nearly as much as I expect to.

Cheers!

Man, that was a great post.
VU
Like Hunt/Sefo, or Scott Smith/Robbie Lawler.
And opposed to before, I would happily watch Edgar/Maynard 4!

I could've watched Lytle/Lawler fight 20 times.
Same with Karo/Diego, or Diego/Diaz, or Diaz/Karo, or
Cung Li vs. Wanderlei Silva until retirement...
Leben/Martin until retirement!

Great is great
11/15/13 12:14 AM
Haulport

It is def all about the match.

As so well stated above...that is ALL that matters........
11/15/13 12:18 AM
Chris27

Punk/Grant

Gil/Khabib

Bendo/dos Anjos

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.