UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP = GOAT of MMA.

11/14/13 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

andyman011 - 
Lazer MMA -
Kerouac - 
RyannVonDoom - You spelled FEDOR wrong. Phone Post 3.0

Sorry, but Fedor lost that chance when Go-Rorse triangled him...then Bigfoot mangled him...then Hendo bombed him.

At least the comp he lost to was not sub par
Wasn't top comp either. Bigfoot is upper middle tier. A gatekeeper. Werdum just flat out sucks and hendo was the slower of the 2 and still put him in his place Phone Post

Even today what is Bigfoot rated @ A HW? Werdum will fight for the belt. Hendo is 5-1 @ HW? A two time LHW champ.

So which guy had a losing record at the time @ the end of his career too? Which were not top ten?
11/14/13 1:15 PM
Lazer MMA

Kerouac - 
Lazer MMA - 
Kerouac - 

Sorry, but Fedor lost that chance when Go-Rorse triangled him...then Bigfoot mangled him...then Hendo bombed him.

Which one is subpar, Hughes or Serra?

How many Pride/UFC titles did Bigfoot and Go-Horse win?

If you ask me, Serra = Hendo when it comes to having lost to a smaller fighter.

LMFAO @ comparing Serra to Hendo. It shows your desperation to fantasize clearly.

Name me Matt's best 5 wins himself please? Who did those guys beat @ WW (best wins) themselves too.
11/14/13 1:26 PM
Lazer MMA

I guess my point overall is they all have detriments in the discussion. The question is who's are the biggest.
11/14/13 1:38 PM
Kerouac

Lazer MMA - 
Kerouac - 
Lazer MMA - 
Kerouac - 

LMFAO @ comparing Serra to Hendo. It shows your desperation to fantasize clearly.

Name me Matt's best 5 wins himself please? Who did those guys beat @ WW (best wins) themselves too.

I never compared their fighting abilities, I compared their sizes to their opponents.

Why do you need to shit on Matt Serra to prop up Fedor?

11/14/13 1:41 PM
Kerouac

Lazer MMA - 
I guess my point overall is they all have detriments in the discussion. The question is who's are the biggest.

Here it is then...are you ready?

Fedor lost 3 fights in a row. Two to non champions and one to someone, literally, one weight class smaller than he is.

GSP lost to Hughes ( Champion ) when he had a handfull of fights and then lost to Serra, 3 years later.

GSP > Fedor > A.Silva
11/14/13 1:46 PM
Lazer MMA

Kerouac - 
Lazer MMA - 
Kerouac - 
Lazer MMA - 
Kerouac - 

I never compared their fighting abilities, I compared their sizes to their opponents.

Why do you need to shit on Matt Serra to prop up Fedor?

No I'm not a fan of Fedor, AS or GSP
11/14/13 1:52 PM
Lazer MMA

Kerouac - 
Lazer MMA - 

Fedor lost 3 fights in a row. Two to non champions and one to someone, literally, one weight class smaller than he is.

GSP lost to Hughes ( Champion ) when he had a handfull of fights and then lost to Serra, 3 years later.

GSP > Fedor > A.Silva

Well if you want to look at that equation firstly I'd ask again for Hughes 5 best wins (frankly if the data could be accompanied by whom those fighters also beat A WW too it would be best). Forgetting about belts lets look at resumes only.

Hendo is a damn cave man. He has a good record @ HW FFS. You can't shit on any fighter too much for a loss to him IMO.

I have no dog in the fight. I think the answer is unclear TBH
11/14/13 1:57 PM
JamesTheWelshDR
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1. Fedor
2. Gsp
3. Andy Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 2:01 PM
Kerouac

Lazer MMA - 
Kerouac - 
Lazer MMA - 

GSP > Fedor > A.Silva

Well if you want to look at that equation firstly I'd ask again for Hughes 5 best wins (frankly if the data could be accompanied by whom those fighters also beat A WW too it would be best). Forgetting about belts lets look at resumes only.

Hendo is a damn cave man. He has a good record @ HW FFS. You can't shit on any fighter too much for a loss to him IMO.

I have no dog in the fight. I think the answer is unclear TBH

If it's unclear why argue with me?

If you have no dog in the fight then why would you take the time to type " At least the comp he lost to was not sub par"?

Anyway, like I said, GSP > Fedor when talking about GOAT, right now.
11/14/13 2:02 PM
Kerouac

NewOldNewVitor - God you turds are so stupid when it comes to talking about GOATS and Fedor.

Let me break this down for you brain handicapped people

It took Fedor 30 professional fights to truely taste a real loss.

Anderson Silva lost early

GSP lost in middle of his career DURING HIS PRIME

GSP has been knocked out on his feet
Anderson Silva has been knocked out on this feet
..Fedor has NEVER ONCE been dropped by a punching standing and he ate shots from true heavyweights.

Yes all 3 have been submitted. Fedor being submitted by FAR by the best grappler of all 3..Werdum who may dethrone Cain.

Fedors 3 losses were to Hendo who is on TRT and was LHW champ of strikeforce, Fedor had 0 to gain and trained for 21 days.

Werdum who HASNT LOSS since, besides bad overeem decision, and BIG FOOT has fought for UFC TITLE TWICE.

Werdum ranked #2, Big foot ranked #5. and Fedor fought all these guys completely out of his prime and they all struggled vs Fedor.

Hendos TKO, not KO of Fedor was one of luckiest punches in MMA history , it wasnt even a KO, and he threw 2 H-Bombs to back of Fedors head.

Big Foot hit him with 100 SLEDGE FUCKING HAMMER shots and couldnt stop fedor, Ref stopped cause of his eye.

In my eyes, Werdum has the only real win, and highly impressive, but he got dropped and had to trick Fedor into jumping his guard, Fedors just a badass.

Its also about how you entertain and HOW you beat people.

For god sake I love GSP but he couldnt finish fucking DAN HARDY, the guy doesnt entertain, and Silva has ran during fights as well.

Moral of the story: Fedor is the GOAT of MMA by miles and miles.

GSP and Anderson can be debated.

/End Thread

"Hendos TKO, not KO of Fedor was one of luckiest punches in MMA history , it wasnt even a KO, and he threw 2 H-Bombs to back of Fedors head."

You're a fucking moron
11/14/13 2:04 PM
Kerouac

Fedor never dropped Werdum...Go-Horse goaded him in.
11/14/13 2:06 PM
eljamaiquino

GSP is the only one of the 3 who lost in his prime though. Fedor had a longer run of dominance IMO. Tough call. I like Fedor and Silva better because of the way they fought. Anderson is more efficient with his strikes. Anderson also has more sub wins as Champ which is crazy considering GSP is touted as more well rounded. Phone Post
11/14/13 2:10 PM
Kerouac

eljamaiquino - GSP is the only one of the 3 who lost in his prime though. Fedor had a longer run of dominance IMO. Tough call. I like Fedor and Silva better because of the way they fought. Anderson is more efficient with his strikes. Anderson also has more sub wins as Champ which is crazy considering GSP is touted as more well rounded. Phone Post

At 33 or 34 years old, Fedor was still in his Prime.

Was Anderson too young when he lost to Chonan and Takase?

Come onnnnnn
11/14/13 2:20 PM
Allen Hood

RyannVonDoom - You spelled FEDOR wrong. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 2:23 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor
Anderson
GSP

imo. dominating the HW division for 10 yrs is the most impressive. Being a destroying finishing machine is 2nd. and thats why GSP is 3rd.
11/14/13 2:43 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

"Lyoto fought BJ @ HW."

lol @ defending Lyoto by saying he took a HW fight with a lightweight who is now at 145.
11/14/13 3:26 PM
GaryColeman

God damn it! You people make me sick. Don't hijack someone's thread with your delusional bullshit, you're worst than Christians.
Just respect his opinion and stop pushing yours on him. Fuck! Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 3:31 PM
Jaybrone
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone who can be called "GOAT" has something people can point to as a weakness.

Fedor: Years of selective match making and often faced less then the best.

Anderson: Middleweight wasn't always the deepest division in the UFC.

GSP: Dominates but often is very safe and doesn't finish enough.

Lets all admit that it doesn't matter who you think is the "GOAT" those 3 are at this point in MMA history 1-3 in some order. Do we really need to shit on their accomplishments to make our argument that one is better than the other? Can't we just accept that they are all great in their own respect and appreciate the skill they showed us?

11/14/13 3:48 PM
FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye

Kerouac -
Lazer MMA - 

GSP > Fedor > A.Silva
Thats a fine opinion but you have to respect that many people value actually finishing your opponents and doing so in devastating fashion. This sport originated from that, and finishing people is very important to many.

Thats why Anderson or Fedor are GOAT to the vast majority over GSP.

GSP is hands down the greatest ATHLETE the sport has ever seen, and a master of gameplanning. He is not the GOAT to the vast majority because he fights to win on points without taking the risks that AS/Fedor took to finish. Phone Post
11/14/13 4:10 PM
crazydave
189 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/14/13 4:10 PM
Kerouac

FETT_ Cains._Burrito_In_My_BrownEye - 
Kerouac -
Lazer MMA - 

GSP > Fedor > A.Silva
Thats a fine opinion but you have to respect that many people value actually finishing your opponents and doing so in devastating fashion. This sport originated from that, and finishing people is very important to many.

Thats why Anderson or Fedor are GOAT to the vast majority over GSP.

GSP is hands down the greatest ATHLETE the sport has ever seen, and a master of gameplanning. He is not the GOAT to the vast majority because he fights to win on points without taking the risks that AS/Fedor took to finish. Phone Post

That's a good argument.

I just like the fact that GSP has avenged his losses and that he literally dominated everyone he's faced. Other than his two losses and his fight with Condit, how many times was he getting smashed on?

My opinion won't change until Fedor avenges at least one of his last 3 losses and Silva beats Weidman twice.
11/14/13 5:20 PM
Billyz
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

solid argument can be made for him as GOAT regardless of finishing. he has all the records to show continued dominance from rounds won to title defenses wins etc.
Still Fedor was just something special and at HW it makes it that much more amazing.
11/14/13 5:21 PM
eljamaiquino

Kerouac -
eljamaiquino - GSP is the only one of the 3 who lost in his prime though. Fedor had a longer run of dominance IMO. Tough call. I like Fedor and Silva better because of the way they fought. Anderson is more efficient with his strikes. Anderson also has more sub wins as Champ which is crazy considering GSP is touted as more well rounded. Phone Post

Come onnnnnn
Lol. Come on bro. Anderson was working at Mickey dees when he fought those guys. GSP was champ and training full time when Serra KTFO him.

Fight career is normally 10-11 years before dropoff. Fedor was past that when he lost 3 straight. GSP Is actually just past there. It might be a good idea to retire now before the game retires him. Silva should be done now too. Phone Post
11/14/13 5:38 PM
XcessiveZ
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NewOldNewVitor - God you turds are so stupid when it comes to talking about GOATS and Fedor.

Let me break this down for you brain handicapped people

It took Fedor 30 professional fights to truely taste a real loss.

Anderson Silva lost early

GSP lost in middle of his career DURING HIS PRIME

GSP has been knocked out on his feet
Anderson Silva has been knocked out on this feet
..Fedor has NEVER ONCE been dropped by a punching standing and he ate shots from true heavyweights.

Yes all 3 have been submitted. Fedor being submitted by FAR by the best grappler of all 3..Werdum who may dethrone Cain.

Fedors 3 losses were to Hendo who is on TRT and was LHW champ of strikeforce, Fedor had 0 to gain and trained for 21 days.

Werdum who HASNT LOSS since, besides bad overeem decision, and BIG FOOT has fought for UFC TITLE TWICE.

Werdum ranked #2, Big foot ranked #5. and Fedor fought all these guys completely out of his prime and they all struggled vs Fedor.

Hendos TKO, not KO of Fedor was one of luckiest punches in MMA history , it wasnt even a KO, and he threw 2 H-Bombs to back of Fedors head.

Big Foot hit him with 100 SLEDGE FUCKING HAMMER shots and couldnt stop fedor, Ref stopped cause of his eye.

In my eyes, Werdum has the only real win, and highly impressive, but he got dropped and had to trick Fedor into jumping his guard, Fedors just a badass.

Its also about how you entertain and HOW you beat people.

For god sake I love GSP but he couldnt finish fucking DAN HARDY, the guy doesnt entertain, and Silva has ran during fights as well.

Moral of the story: Fedor is the GOAT of MMA by miles and miles.

GSP and Anderson can be debated.

/End Thread
Troll or retard. Phone Post 3.0
11/14/13 5:42 PM
Kerouac

eljamaiquino - 
Kerouac -

Come onnnnnn
Lol. Come on bro. Anderson was working at Mickey dees when he fought those guys. GSP was champ and training full time when Serra KTFO him.

Fight career is normally 10-11 years before dropoff. Fedor was past that when he lost 3 straight. GSP Is actually just past there. It might be a good idea to retire now before the game retires him. Silva should be done now too. Phone Post

Right on bro!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.