UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Beltran: I think I will be able to break [Rampage]

11/15/13 11:16 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

When he heard Tito Ortiz was injured, Joey Beltran asked Bellator to fight Quinton Jackson. A bout with Rampage would be the highest profile fight he's had and a chance to make his name. Beltran is confident heading into the bout, and feels he has the plan to beat Rampage:

“I think I need to hit the gas pedal right from the beginning and keep punching. Keep punching and swinging and do what I need to do for the entire 15 minutes and make him fight the entire fight. If I do that, I think I will be able to break him.”

While Beltran admits that once he’s on the precipice of the fight, he won’t be thinking about the ramifications of it. Leading up to Friday’s bout, he knows what’s at stake and he intends to make the most out of this opportunity.

“I think in the actual physical moment of the fight, you don’t think what’s going to happen after that. You’ve got a 220-pound man trying to knock your head off, but leading up to it, I know what’s waiting for me on the other side of this victory,” he said.

“I know how important it is and that’s why I’m going to go out there and do it. I want to go in there, beat Rampage, get in the 205-pound tournament, win that, win the title – I want it all – I’m not here to just collect a paycheck.”

read entire article...

11/15/13 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Red Stellar
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wonder what Rampage will say about this? Didn't he get all butthurt when Hamill said he was gonna be able to break him?
11/15/13 11:41 AM
DoomFarmer
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wall n stall snoozefest Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 12:14 PM
Bruham
467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outside of the UG, I haven't really seen too much promo for this card tonight. I watch Viacom channels, Spike included, and I think I've caught one promo thus far for the fight card.
11/15/13 1:20 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PRIDE Knees Rampage is going to box him up
11/15/13 1:50 PM
Fabes
183 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.
I respect Beltran, but he's never "broken" anyone on Page's level. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 1:50 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will not watch. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 2:01 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

They get rid of Askren because he's 'one dimensional', after signing Rampage?

Lolololololololololol!! Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 2:11 PM
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Outlaw'd by Lytle - They get rid of Askren because he's 'one dimensional', after signing Rampage?

Lolololololololololol!! Phone Post 3.0
That's not why they got rid of Askren at all. Askren did not want to resign with Bellator he made that abundantly clear. Rather than making him sit out through the matching period they just released him. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 7:03 PM
mixedmartianartist

^^ exactly what i was gonna write. wtf do you mean you "think"? i think, under the right circumstances, if the lights go out and he slips... get the fuck outta here!
11/15/13 7:10 PM
Vote me down

Keep swinging is gonna get ya koed but ok will watch
11/15/13 9:22 PM
HandyDarsh
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if rampage can finish Beltran at this point in his career? Phone Post 3.0
11/16/13 3:14 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

Great job of breaking him. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.