UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Was Aries really trying to mean mug Lawler?

11/15/13 9:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
I Wild Each It
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At the press conference and weigh-in face offs? LOL, like Lawler is scared. Robbie's been is some fucking wars over the years. He's not going to get punked by some video game playing, metro-sexual.
11/15/13 9:32 PM
brahmabull81
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robbie gave him that creepy empty look Aldo always gives his opponents, which I find MUCH more intimidating than "mean mugging."
11/15/13 9:34 PM
hellride
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I kind of with Robbie had done that delayed fist raise like Cain did to Bigfoot, would have been amazing. Robbie can't be intimidated
11/15/13 9:43 PM
tonytr
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You idiots always root for the veterans, don't ya? Your inability to move on is why "there are no stars."
11/15/13 9:46 PM
CaptainAhab
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - 

I got money on Robbie at +300

Rory better bring a fast bike to the fight. 

Or he will sleep.

Robbie has a punchers chance, but I think to pick him in this fight is crazy. He has looked awesome in his first two UFC fights, yeah, but he has a very checkered record against competent grapplers.

Good luck, though.
11/15/13 9:46 PM
I Wild Each It
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonytr - You idiots always root for the veterans, don't ya? Your inability to move on is why "there are no stars."

Shut up egg.
11/15/13 9:48 PM
I Wild Each It

MMA Lives Here - Lawler will more than likely get demolished Phone Post 3.0

He may, but Rory to think that he's going to intimidate him at the face-offs is laughable. Robbie will either put Rory's light out, or go out on his sword, and you have to respect that. He's not going to dance around for 15 minutes like Aries did against Ellenberger, for damn sure.
11/15/13 9:49 PM
Uncle Creepy's Creepy Nephew
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL like the headline OP well done!!
11/15/13 9:50 PM
WuDaddy
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaptainAhab -
Rambo John J - 

I got money on Robbie at +300

Rory better bring a fast bike to the fight. 

Or he will sleep.

Robbie has a punchers chance, but I think to pick him in this fight is crazy. He has looked awesome in his first two UFC fights, yeah, but he has a very checkered record against competent grapplers.

Good luck, though.
This is Robbie's second run in the UFC. He's getting better and better. I don't see Rory bullying Robbie. Think this fight isn't going to be as one sided as people think. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 9:50 PM
RampageFitsLikeAGlove

Rory has earned the right to look at any opponent however he wants but no, he is not going to intimidate Robbie.

11/15/13 9:52 PM
CaptainAhab
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Wild Each It - 

He may, but Rory to think that he's going to intimidate him at the face-offs is laughable. Robbie will either put Rory's light out, or go out on his sword, and you have to respect that. He's not going to dance around for 15 minutes like Aries did against Ellenberger, for damn sure.

I love a good Robbie Lawler KO as much as the next guy, but to imply that his style of fighting is more "honorable" or "manly" than Rory's is dumb. God gave Robbie Lawler a right hand that could KO and elephant. That's why he fights the way he does. Rory doesn't have the same set of tools, so he doesn't fight the same way; it would be idiotic for him to try. Why make character judgments based on chances of nature?
11/15/13 10:03 PM
klabo

Rory is going to violently destroy Robbie... No big punches here. Tri-star doesn't get hit like that. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 10:06 PM
I Wild Each It

MMA Lives Here - 
I Wild Each It -

Maybe he was just fired up? Did you want him to blank stare like a vegetable?

Maybe Robbie wasn't intimidated. But the fact he'll more than likely get beaten down kinda adds weight to Rory's mean mugging, no? Phone Post 3.0

I don't see Robbie getting "beaten down" in this fight...not by a long shot. He may lose, but I don't see Rory dominating him. Robbie's game a fuck, and he's been great since he joined the UFC. I personally think this is going to be a war, and either guy could win.

As far as making character judgments, like CaptainArab suggested...I'm not. I'm simply saying Rory is living in a dream world if he thinks that he's going to intimidate the Ruthless one. Maybe Rory is just fired up, like you said. He better be.
11/15/13 10:12 PM
CaptainAhab

Edited: 11/15/13 10:16 PM
I am not saying there is no value in Robbie; I think there is at -300. But Lawler has never beaten a real top contender like Rory in his career.
11/15/13 10:26 PM
Tubarao

yeah I though lawler was a bit scared but he will do well. He needs to keep throwing punches and not worry about anything else.
11/15/13 10:27 PM
brahmabull81
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scared? Really?
11/15/13 10:28 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawler has fought nothing but killers. No way is he afraid of Rory. Macdonald better be shooting for takedowns in this fight.
11/15/13 10:35 PM
Kostakio
387 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aries? Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 10:36 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CaptainAhab - I am not saying there is no value in Robbie; I think there is at -300. But Lawler has never beaten a real top contender like Rory in his career.
Sadly, you are right. But fighters are capable of evolving. Robbie has all the tools to be a champ, and I don't just mean his striking. If he is finally putting it together he can go all the way.

And yes I am fully aware that Robbie has blown a lot of fights in the past due to terrible strategies. But the physical skills are there. If his diverse attack against Voelker was any indication of his current approach, great things are in store for him.

Dammit I hope I am right. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 10:41 PM
FETT_Loadin76
661 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/15/13 10:43 PM
RyannVonDoom

I Wild Each It -

This but dont you ever fucking lop rory in with us video game players. Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 11:06 PM
Samoa
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tonytr - You idiots always root for the veterans, don't ya? Your inability to move on is why "there are no stars."
Do you '11ers all root for the new guy? Phone Post 3.0
11/15/13 11:08 PM
SteveD

Samoa - 
tonytr - You idiots always root for the veterans, don't ya? Your inability to move on is why "there are no stars."
Do you '11ers all root for the new guy? Phone Post 3.0

Voted up!

11/15/13 11:19 PM
StretchPlum

I doubt if anyone is ever intimidated at a weigh-in.
11/15/13 11:20 PM
JimmersonzGlove
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Worst nickname. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.